Movies you disliked but then liked on 2nd viewing...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber for me. I saw them for the first time while in that typical apathetic high school age where everything is stupid. I didn't laugh at all in either one on the first viewing. Watched them a few years later in college and couldn't stop laughing... maybe alcohol intake had something to do with it? :lol

I almost pee'd myself the 1st time saw Dumb & Dumber, same goes with the South Park Movie. I didn't now what Soth Park was and boy was I laughing. I think we need a thread "What movies have you almost peed you pants watching"

Last edited:
that's pretty intense, but you should remember that those men who were crying loved that movie so you should try watching it again. It's like when i watched Platoon with my dad the first time, he was a mess afterwords but he loved that movie.

War movies when done right can take a man right back there but that doesn't mean they don't like the film, something we can never truely understand unless we went through it i guess.

I'm sure they did like the movie. The movie was sad enough, but to see all those grown men crying, and some looked like they were in shock, was just so hard for me. I know how hard it is for a man today to cry, but ones there are were always taught "to be men" and not to cry. So I knew it had to really get to them for them to cry. And it then gets to me. I always get chocked up when a man cries.

The Crow-I originally thought it was too dark when I watched it the first time. Brandon Lee's performance is charasmatically phenomenal, and brought much more light to the "dark" scenes that were taking place. I love the film now that I've viewed it several more times.
Blade Runner-Didn't grasp the story too much, I thought it was an overrated film at first despite the fact I loved Harrison Ford's movies. Watched the Final Cut, Loved it!
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-Very disappointed with the theatre viewing like so many others. Watched it several times after it was released. There were things I appreciated more than the first time I watched it. Still my least favorite Indiana Jones film.
Iron Man- I thought the film had some flaws, or at least the way I originally saw it. But after watching it several times, I had a second opinion, you gotta love Robert Downey, Jr.!
Secret Window-I originally thought the movie was a BOMB when going to see it in theatres, but after viewing it a few times on DVD, you'll clearly identify with Johnny Depp in this role. It's quite like Johnny. Great acting on his behalf, the dialogue is great too, so I really enjoyed it thereafter.
Shrek- Didn't care for the film when I saw it in theatres in 2001. But when it hit DVD I watched it quite a few times, pointing out several of it's funny scenes, I kinda enjoyed it! so I had to love it by then.

A couple come to mind. I half watched these and didnt really care for them until awhile later I watched them again and fell in love with...

Boogie Nights
Matrix

Back