Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the first of my Girl with the Dragon Tattoo posters this week (the one sans nipples). And I stood in line for a very long time in the very hot sun in San Diego to get my signed (by Favreau and Struzen) Cowboys and Aliens poster, Struzen art. Got that baby already framed!

got the dark knight rises teaser :yess:

lucky!
22.gif

Didn't realise we had one of these threads :)

I don't have many but this is my little collection.

Currently Framed & on the wall:

Picture039.jpg

DSCF0029.jpg

Safely tubed & stored in the loft at the parents...

DSCF0069.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0071.jpg

And my newest arrival this week...

DSC_0296.jpg

I'm hoping to get the Cap framed in the next couple of weeks & he may replace the Batman Begins on my wall.

Neil

I only own 2 movie posters so far. Both poster are 27x40 and official releases. The first one i own is the original Saw poster, signed by Shawnee Smith (Amanda), i picked it up from one of the Raybin Mgmt Saw auctions. The other one, which i just bought, is the double sided poster for Hobo With A Shotgun.

I'm looking into picking up an official Gremlins poster next. Does anybody happen to know a way i can be absolutely sure, that the one i buy is an official release and not a reprint? I know that it should be folded, other than that, i don't know much more. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

We got one of our pictures in for Harry Potter. It was done on silk fabric. I love that stuff! But it needs a custom frame due to its dimensions. Pics to come of that once we've bought the custom frame.

We have another one coming, it's of just Snape alone. A 24x36. Will be an easy one to frame. I was hoping it would already be here but it's taken its sweet time in the mail. Pics of that to come as well. Both are from 7 pt.2.

I only own 2 movie posters so far. Both poster are 27x40 and official releases. The first one i own is the original Saw poster, signed by Shawnee Smith (Amanda), i picked it up from one of the Raybin Mgmt Saw auctions. The other one, which i just bought, is the double sided poster for Hobo With A Shotgun.

I'm looking into picking up an official Gremlins poster next. Does anybody happen to know a way i can be absolutely sure, that the one i buy is an official release and not a reprint? I know that it should be folded, other than that, i don't know much more. Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

There are plenty of rolled original Gremlins posters - it's one of those that was in that period where both were available, and a big name poster like that was starting to get a bit better treatment. It should definitely be the full 27x41 though. I don't believe there was an NSS number on the Gremins...they didn't always have them, but I'm pretty sure it did say Printed in USA in one of the corners. Rolled ones tend to go in the $50 - $60 range, folded more like $25 or $30.

Find a good dealer (if you are looking at one in particular you can always ask here, as many of us have dealt with lots) and you should be safe.

Two quick questions I hope I can get help with.

1 where do you guys usually get your frames at? Most places around here it is pretty pricey.

2 for you that have one, what's the best Cap poster to get? =)

There are plenty of rolled original Gremlins posters - it's one of those that was in that period where both were available, and a big name poster like that was starting to get a bit better treatment. It should definitely be the full 27x41 though. I don't believe there was an NSS number on the Gremins...they didn't always have them, but I'm pretty sure it did say Printed in USA in one of the corners. Rolled ones tend to go in the $50 - $60 range, folded more like $25 or $30.

Find a good dealer (if you are looking at one in particular you can always ask here, as many of us have dealt with lots) and you should be safe.

Oh yeah, i did know it should be 27x41 as well. That's good to know that some haven't been folded, I found a rolled one, i sent the seller a message due to unclarity in the pic.

I am the same way with my prints. I have decided to begin framing and then cycle through so I have fresh pieces up all the time (except for my star wars wall :) )

i want that vintage 1940s look Captain America Poster where evans is punching hitler.. i hope they release it... also, i still need to get my an Alien and Aliens Poster.. i just dont know from where

i want that vintage 1940s look Captain America Poster where evans is punching hitler.. i hope they release it... also, i still need to get my an Alien and Aliens Poster.. i just dont know from where

That will NEVER come out for wide-release I'm afraid. It was a limited run given out to select people :monkey2:monkey2

Back