Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a friend of my Daughter who works for AMC Loews Marketing has just hooked me up with Rise of The Planet of The Apes Hologram Poster and a Cowboys and Aliens Poster. i see alot of poster goodness coming my way ...:wink1:

You mean the lenticular poster with Caesar from POTAs?

I'm a huge lenticular fan. If that's the one you're referring to, it's definitely a sharp-looking poster. Congrats! :rock

You mean the lenticular poster with Caesar from POTAs?

I'm a huge lenticular fan. If that's the one you're referring to, it's definitely a sharp-looking poster. Congrats! :rock

i just looked it up and thats the one eyes got. what is your suggestion on the back lighting and framing. i never owned one of these before.

i just looked it up and thats the one eyes got. what is your suggestion on the back lighting and framing. i never owned one of these before.

Definitely buy a lightbox for this big guy. I bought mine off of E-bay. The seller is 'discount_home_theater_lightboxes."

Here's one of their current auctions (and of the light box type I own.)
Item #120742184239.

Really affordable (given the going price for most) and really great looking. They make them to order, so I asked them to make the thickening of the poster 'slot' a little larger because the lenticular is so think.

Here's a pic of my Spider-Man 3 lenticular displayed. (Not the best pic, but BELIEVE ME, this lightbox will make all the difference.)

Spider-Man3Lenticular1.jpg

Spider-Man3Lenticular2.jpg

Definitely buy a lightbox for this big guy. I bought mine off of E-bay. The seller is 'discount_home_theater_lightboxes."

Here's one of their current auctions (and of the light box type I own.)
Item #120742184239.

Really affordable (given the going price for most) and really great looking. They make them to order, so I asked them to make the thickening of the poster 'slot' a little larger because the lenticular is so think.

Here's a pic of my Spider-Man 3 lenticular displayed. (Not the best pic, but BELIEVE ME, this lightbox will make all the difference.)

Spider-Man3Lenticular1.jpg

Spider-Man3Lenticular2.jpg

although those are a great deal for what ive seen so far they are still pricey . they definitely will look cool in one of those lightboxes. have to start saving and keeping my eye open on CL. thanks for the heads up.

Picked up a couple rolled eighties posters - Wolfen and The Bear. Wolfen cuz it was cheap, The Bear because it was cheap and a Struzan.

Should have a few more rolled 80's in the next couple days - My Bodyguard, Revenge of the Nerds II and The Sting II.

Yesterday, I got my Dark Knight Rises ($20, more than I like to pay, but figured I'd better jump on it now), and an older SW Episode III DS that's Struzan artwork as well.

Still no sign of My Bodyguard, Nerds II or Sting II...

Dropped my 15 year old son off at the base theater. As a thank you he raided the movie poster box that was labeled "help yourself"

Scored

Rolled-

Cowboys and Aliens
The Conspirator
Take Me Home Tonight
Season of the Witch
Super 8
Sanctum

Folded
Harry Potter Deathly Hallow 2
Horrible Bosses
Red Riding Hood
Captain America (The side shot behind the shield)

Teenagers. Every once in a while the surprise you in a good way.

Dropped my 15 year old son off at the base theater. As a thank you he raided the movie poster box that was labeled "help yourself"

Scored

Rolled-

Cowboys and Aliens
The Conspirator
Take Me Home Tonight
Season of the Witch
Super 8
Sanctum

Folded
Harry Potter Deathly Hallow 2
Horrible Bosses
Red Riding Hood
Captain America (The side shot behind the shield)

Teenagers. Every once in a while the surprise you in a good way.

damn, that's a haul!

Picked up some odds and ends in the last couple weeks. Ghost Rider 2 teaser, Fright Night, Dream House, Pirates Band of Misfits (I'm looking forward to this flick!) and another Immortals, all for about $5 each.

how do you tell the difference between original and reproduction movie poster? are the originals folded or d/s?

With modern posters, there aren't a lot of repros if they are 27x40 and DS. And when you do get the weird repro, it's pretty easy to tell.

I believe this was discussed before, but where do you guys shop online or instore for movie poster frames. Trying to find an affordable one, but don't want the flimsy things michaels sell either. Thanks in advance -

just picked up a captain america, thor, incredible hulk, iron man and avengers teaser poster

need to drop them off at the frame shop soon

Got this from work the other day. Finally got it framed and displayed. Aaron and brothers had a crazy sale going on and scored the 27X40 frame for half price. Paid $27 out the door. Need to get another one for my Avengers teaser.

drisescopy.jpg

Back