Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where's this one from mate ?.

Apparently there was a reunion of the film last year. And the bad thing about it was that it was in my own back yard and I MISSED IT!!!!:slap:slap:slap

c5cd456e.jpg

That's assuming of course you picked up Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter and Prometheus, two posters that kick very much ass...

I just saw both of these lenticulars in the theater. ALVH is probably the best use of lenticular since Lost World - I loved it. I'm hoping I like the film, but I definitely want this poster.

Prometheus was intriguing but there wasn't much point to it being a lenticular - just some depth - kinda boring.

Finally bought a few goodies this week. Old school, I bought Slithis, Seventh Sign, War Games, Land Before Time, and Police Academy 5 (Hey, it's a Drew I needed). Also grabbed The Frighteners because I needed the DS, the Bodyguard, and a Muppets From Space to replace mine that got torn. Best pick up was Child's Play.

New school, I went for the Wraith of the Titans and the final Hunger Games.

Picked up a couple older posters this week that I'm pretty happy with - Road Warrior, They Live, and Porky's Revenge.

I just set up my lightboxes in my living room and can't decide what to display. I have Lost World lenticular in one - but for the other I want something equally impactful.

What's the best looking lightbox/double-sided one sheet you can think of?

And Michael - "Porky's Revenge"... really?

Best back-lit is tough - I like a lot. I prefer posters with more dark than light, so those areas pop when the poster is backlit. That's why I rotate posters through the lightboxes - I could never make up my mind. I do two new releases each month, so right now I have Lorax and Hunger Games up.

And yes, Porky's Revenge - remember, I'm a big artwork poster fan, and I love the huge Porky's face behind the characters.

I'm looking at replacing my two regular light boxes with the new LED style. Anyone have any experience with these yet?

Best back-lit is tough - I like a lot. I prefer posters with more dark than light, so those areas pop when the poster is backlit. That's why I rotate posters through the lightboxes - I could never make up my mind. I do two new releases each month, so right now I have Lorax and Hunger Games up.

And yes, Porky's Revenge - remember, I'm a big artwork poster fan, and I love the huge Porky's face behind the characters.

I'm looking at replacing my two regular light boxes with the new LED style. Anyone have any experience with these yet?

Where do you get the new LED lightboxes?

All I remember of Porky's revenge is a white poster with an eye hole and then photos of the guys. But that might be the original.

That Porky's Revenge poster is very cool looking! I also believe I'm right down the street from the place hat sells the lightboxes on ebay...River City whatever.

Yep, most people buy from River City.

The LED's are here, but I'm looking around for someplace cheaper right now.

https://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=7030

And yea Dave, you're thinking of the original. Revenge is the artwork of the huge, ugly Porky looming over the smaller artwork of the actors. Hey, it's in great shape and only cost $15 too :D

I'm interested in the LED frames, but not until I can get someone on live chat to explain those two graphs at the bottom!!!!!! In all reality I think I got the OK from the wife to get 2 lightboxes last night after browsing this thread yesterday.

Excuse for the noob-ish questions, but:
  1. Where can I get authentic movie posters? What sites are most reliable? Is their a reference section, web site or list of places I can go that will meet my movie poster needs. Not replicas.
  2. How hard is it to get signed movie posters? WHere can I get those, inked by either people who were on the film or that worked on it?

Yep, most people buy from River City.

The LED's are here, but I'm looking around for someplace cheaper right now.

https://www.displays2go.com/Product.aspx?ID=7030

And yea Dave, you're thinking of the original. Revenge is the artwork of the huge, ugly Porky looming over the smaller artwork of the actors. Hey, it's in great shape and only cost $15 too :D

Damn those are expensive. I can't get that one.

Excuse for the noob-ish questions, but:
  1. Where can I get authentic movie posters? What sites are most reliable? Is their a reference section, web site or list of places I can go that will meet my movie poster needs. Not replicas.
  2. How hard is it to get signed movie posters? WHere can I get those, inked by either people who were on the film or that worked on it?

Go back through the early posts in this thread - lots of discussion of various reputable dealers.

Those LED are expensive, but regular light boxes will run you $250 if you don't build them yourself. As you can tell, I'm trying to convince myself that they aren't that expensive. :D

$425 is a bit high for the LEDs. But the River City big wood boxes that I have now just look kind of DIY - and may replace them if I could find the LEDs a bit cheaper.

Back