Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frodo's hair surprisingly stays laid down even when carried. :dunno

:lol

Thanks Matt, I stand corrected...but yeah 2:30 AM should work out perfectly for him. :lol

yeah, great :monkey2

Tho if its not a night/day I have to work, then I could stay up that late, done it in the past. So may just be able to sneek it in, assuming that I want it at all.

That's brilliant, i finish at 6 but on a Friday i can just go in half an hour early and finish half an hour early, only takes 10-15 mins to get home. I'll be ready!

Great to hear :rock would be sacrilage to miss this :lol

I think this looks alright
I can understand the size may be a problem for some as a few may of thought it'd be a bigger piece but oh well

I think this looks alright
I can understand the size may be a problem for some as a few may of thought it'd be a bigger piece but oh well

SS has stated from the very beginning this line would be 1/9 scale and to date all of them have been with the exception of the FB and Balrog's dio.s, which have been of an even smaller scale, for obvious reasons. I think alot of people would have liked this to be larger in scale [myself included], but I can't see why anyone would think this was going to be bigger, or why anyone would surprised at how small it actually is.

SS has stated from the very beginning this line would be 1/9 scale and to date all of them have been with the exception of the FB and Balrog's dio.s, which have been of an even smaller scale, for obvious reasons. I think alot of people would have liked this to be larger in scale [myself included], but I can't see why anyone would think this was going to be bigger, or why anyone would surprised at how small it actually is.

In total agreement Woodsy :) I have been a little surprised by peoples surprise in the size of this...but I have to say personally I am happy with this size, especially seeing as it will be able to display with the COD, if it had have been bigger then I think they would have looked funny together and IMO these pieces are crying out to be displayed together.

In total agreement Woodsy :) I have been a little surprised by peoples surprise in the size of this...but I have to say personally I am happy with this size, especially seeing as it will be able to display with the COD, if it had have been bigger then I think they would have looked funny together and IMO these pieces are crying out to be displayed together.

True enough GG. I think these two have to be the same size. Had one been larger than the other, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb. But beyond all that, licensing agreements are pretty specific in nature and while SS no doubt has a some leeway to make some particular dio's smaller than 1/9 scale, it doesn't appear they have the licensing rights to make them any larger than 1/9 scale.

True enough GG. I think these two have to be the same size. Had one been larger than the other, it would have stuck out like a sore thumb. But beyond all that, licensing agreements are pretty specific in nature and while SS no doubt has a some leeway to make some particular dio's smaller than 1/9 scale, it doesn't appear they have the licensing rights to make them any larger than 1/9 scale.

Yeah I agree with you on that, or they really would have done by now, I reckon both this and the COD would have been more like 1/6 if they did have the licence too

I'm not sure why folks expected this to be bigger when it was announced I totally figured it would be on par with the Crack of Doom.

Yeah I agree with you on that, or they really would have done by now, I reckon both this and the COD would have been more like 1/6 if they did have the licence too

I agree, and personally speaking I would have preferred both of these dio's in 1/6 scale. While both are memorable scene's I just don't think 1/9 scale captures those moments as effectively as something a little larger would have.

I agree, and personally speaking I would have preferred both of these dio's in 1/6 scale. While both are memorable scene's I just don't think 1/9 scale captures those moments as effectively as something a little larger would have.

I agree right back at you :lol some of the detail is inevitably lost which is a shame but both the pricepoint and ease of display do provide some compensation :)

After watching the video...Why is Frodo's face so clean?

As for the size, Yeah it's really small, but that was to be expected.

I wonder, will there be another piece that will accompany this "dio"? Sam's looking up and it's possible he may be looking at Gollum on the rock?

I agree right back at you :lol some of the detail is inevitably lost which is a shame but both the pricepoint and ease of display do provide some compensation :)

True, and true. :D

After watching the video...Why is Frodo's face so clean?

As for the size, Yeah it's really small, but that was to be expected.

I wonder, will there be another piece that will accompany this "dio"? Sam's looking up and it's possible he may be looking at Gollum on the rock?

I don't think so, unless SS doesn't care about the accuracy of the scene. Frodo's head was on Sam's left shoulder at the point where they were jumped from above by Gollum. The dio. depicts the scene where Frodo was first picked up by Sam, and his head was lying on Sam's right shoulder. :confused:

rotk2174.jpg

rotk2155.jpg

Last edited:
Back