Mount Doom Frodo & Sam Dio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure did! :clap I'm a little confused as to how many were available though. Both I, and a friend of mine managed to get one and the last three digits of our orders are over 100 apart. How can that be? :confused:

Congrats :rock I think the numbers generated are just random but I am guessing there were more than 40-50 for Non attendees.

Snagged one. My first time with the streamline system. Man that was fast! Heart was racin' but soon gave way to joy when I saw my "T#". Congrats to everyone else who got one!

Holy crap! I didn't order the Iron Man figure, but just decided to put myself on the WL. Well, between the time I ordered the dio (straight up at 10:00 PT) and the time of my Iron Man WL order (10:19 PT), OVER 600 ORDERS HAVE BEEN PLACED.

I would bet that most of them are WL orders for the dio.

Snagged one. My first time with the streamline system. Man that was fast! Heart was racin' but soon gave way to joy when I saw my "T#". Congrats to everyone else who got one!

Oh, you have no idea how it USED TO be. It was a NIGHTMARE! Pages never loading, server crashes, getting the item in your cart, trying to click the "Order Now" button and having the page go blank..

Congrats :rock I think the numbers generated are just random but I am guessing there were more than 40-50 for Non attendees.

Thanks IB :D Yeah, I guess you must be right, because our order numbers were way too far apart to make any sense.

* ORDER DATE 05/22/2009 17:00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*ITEM(S) ORDERED:

Qty: 1 Item: 9721SC Price: $109.99
The Lord of the Rings Dioramas 'Mount Doom' - Frodo and Sam Diorama - Comic-Con 2009 Exclusive - NON-ATTENDEE EDITION

:bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc :bunnydanc

ahh so it's like drooling but you have to have your mouth wide open in a homer simpsonish way

my bad! :eek:

homer-drool.gif

So, on my order, it shows:

Date Placed: 2009-05-22 17:00:45

And by the time I was done with mine, and got back to the forum, I was already seeing "it's gone" messages. Did they really need to make the ES so small for something that was obviously highly sought after?

Well that's 24 non-attendee orders so far, and that's just here on the Freaks board....I'd be really curious to know just how many were available....

Last edited:
Did they really need to make the ES so small for something that was obviously highly sought after?

That's what i was thinking too. Clearly SS doesn't want or need to make so much money!
I agree with what someone said before - DON'T reveal the ES until AFTER the ordering process! That way, everyone who actually wants one gets one, then after that, close it if they want to keep it low! This way is just cruel and not nice to their loyal fanbase imo.

So, on my order, it shows:

Date Placed: 2009-05-22 17:00:45

And by the time I was done with mine, and got back to the forum, I was already seeing "it's gone" messages. Did they really need to make the ES so small for something that was obviously highly sought after?

well in their defense if it hadn't been an sdcc exclusive it would have taken longer to sell out. the saruman and the helms deep one are on second chance and there are only 750 of them. i would have thought 500 would be a safe number to sell out of though.

priceless and worth two nazgul :nazgul:nazgul (you would have got a third if there was sound)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lkUg6dl07BI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lkUg6dl07BI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought it is 90 / 10 for attendee and non-attendee respectively?? so thats only 30 pieces for non-attendee, isn't it? :monkey2

That is correct. I had one but left it behind for a more diehard LOTR fan than me and just took my Iron Man. :D

Oh, you have no idea how it USED TO be. It was a NIGHTMARE! Pages never loading, server crashes, getting the item in your cart, trying to click the "Order Now" button and having the page go blank..

Oh, I remember. A nightmare, yes. But nostalgic too...

Archie & Edith Bunker: "....those were the days." :frodo

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/lkUg6dl07BI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/lkUg6dl07BI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ROFL!!!!! :nazgul:nazgul:nazgul half a:balrog and a quater of an :orc

to get the full 9 nazguls or the great eye would probably destroy the entire forum so i wouldn't try to the perfect score

Back