MOTU JC Penney commemorative 10 pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreatFire

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Anyone remember what the original retail price on this beast was and/or the edition size?

Congrats to those who bought one.

Anyone remember what the original retail price on this beast was and/or the edition size?

Congrats to those who bought one.

I got one and it is GREAT!:yess:
I'm not sure the size of it but the original price was $250(tag is still on it):horror

Wow, no wonder why I never got one. I have the first series of commermorative and the two Beast 2 packs, but never picked up the second series.

It was limited to 1,000. I've been Googling it because the new DCU Legion of Super Heroes set brought back a similar packaging style:

https://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/first-look-dc-universe-classics-legion-of-superheroes-box-set

I bought the set at the time but really hope I didn't pay that much for it. I'd have to go back in time and slap some sense into myself since the single reissues only cost $10 at Walmart as far as I remember. I found a He-Man.org post saying the 10-pack was on sale on Penney's web site in December 2001 for $99, but I know I didn't pay that little. I remember the 5-packs with Moss Man and Prince Adam were right around $70 at TRU, so Mattel definitely was trying to squeeze some big money out of this line at times.

I guess this was around the time Hasbro was trying to get $7.99 (or was it $6.99?) for Episode I figures. Funny how 4" figure inflation has been held in check but 6" and of course 12" have skyrocketed.

did this come with the Super Moussour, as I'm looking for this version? thanks!

Back