Motorola DROID

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An old friend showed up at work today with an X and he had an App that let you get live TV on your phone.. there was a box you had to buy and connect to your cable at home and it sent you the exact picture to the phone... and I forgot the name of it.....:gah:

Sounds like Slingbox to me.

Not on the phone, but I've streamed to the computer and it works really well. I think its pretty dependent on your home upstream speed though.

So how is the battery life on the X?

Depends on what you're running. If you're vigilant in turning your WiFi and GPS off, while keeping an eye out for rogue background apps, you could probably get about two days.

I don't do any of that and I average about 16 hours.

There are more powerful batteries you can buy, but I don't have any experience with those.

Regarding the iPhone, just like with Android, it's how you use it. I don't (personally) know anybody who can make it more than one day with an iPhone 4 or a 3GS, however, I could make it 3-4 days on my original iPhone. :dunno

Battery life is something that's going to be different for everybody, so it's kind of hard to gauge, imo.

Depends on what you're running. If you're vigilant in turning your WiFi and GPS off, while keeping an eye out for rogue background apps, you could probably get about two days.

There are more powerful batteries you can buy, but I don't have any experience with those.

Regarding the iPhone, just like with Android, it's how you use it. I don't (personally) know anybody who can make it more than one day with an iPhone 4 or a 3GS, however, I could make it 3-4 days on my original iPhone. :dunno

Battery life is something that's going to be different for everybody, so it's kind of hard to gauge, imo.

Good points. On the weekends I can go all weekend on a single charge. I use my phone more on the weekdays to access websites and stuff I cant view at work as well as check my emails.

Can you post your settings I still am not sure I don't have a bad battery.

Can you post your settings I still am not sure I don't have a bad battery.

WiFi + GPS on always. Brightness 40% (unless I'm outside). Live background running. Facebook, Twitter, Google Voice, etc. are constantly refreshing in the background.

Beyond that, I don't really know what else is running. It all really depends on what apps you have installed what their settings are.

I get about 16 hours.

WiFi + GPS on always. Brightness 40% (unless I'm outside). Live background running. Facebook, Twitter, Google Voice, etc. are constantly refreshing in the background.

Beyond that, I don't really know what else is running. It all really depends on what apps you have installed what their settings are.

I get about 16 hours.

That's crazy. I have all of that turned off and keep my screen at 0% and have background data turned off and can't get 16.

That's crazy. I have all of that turned off and keep my screen at 0% and have background data turned off and can't get 16.

You keep your screen at 0%?!?!!? How do you use it? Do you mean that the screen shuts off when not in use? Then yeah, I do that too.

What are you getting for battery life?

Back