Mother's Basement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to hear you guys have had your monies returned to you. I've recently filled in a questionnaire for the Staffordshire Police concerning the matter, so it looks like they are investigating further.

So what happened with these crooks ?

Did they face justice for ripping off customers when they knew they were going bust ?

I have noticed a couple of very suspicious collectables sites start up here in the UK recently, i hope these 2 criminals haven't just changed their name and started up a new website.

What's the company?

TOYHQ and Direct collectables.

Now these could be genuinely honest sites but they just seem suspicious to me, especially Direct collectables which is a rip off of Collectables Direct which is a well established retailer.

Both these sites started up a few months ago and I am just now naturally skeptical with UK retailers after the events with Mothers Basement.

Heres the sites - https://toyhq.co.uk/

https://www.directcollectables.co.uk/

I would avoid ToyHQ even though I'm sure they have no connection with those criminals from MB. ToyHQ promised to inspect my three Enterbay figures worth about 1k in british pounds as part of the deal but they didn't. Figures arrived with lots of issues and they never bothered to do any replacements. They just told me to contact Enterbay and like, solve it on my! They also promised to send me a Batman mask as part of the deal which they never did and never bothered to send afterwards when I pointed it out to them that they forgot. They also took their chance to promote their store on the FB-group "Mother's Basement has my money". No shame those people! When I said this on a post they made to OSR's facebook group they started lying and saying things like: "oh but you still came to us looking for figures afterwards". Ehm no I didn't and it's no excuse for what they did anyway. They're a bunch of liars. Will never forget.

I can give thumbs up for lair of the octopus - north west based and a really nice guy, not had any problems, I always collect as he's 15 mins away!

I can give thumbs up for lair of the octopus - north west based and a really nice guy, not had any problems, I always collect as he's 15 mins away!

Yeah, I sold a couple of statues to Lair of The Octopus via Ebay. He's got a storefront on there too. As others have said, the other sites have been around for sometime. I've got a P-O with One Sixth Bruce (who have always been great) and had nothing but good experiences with Collectibles Direct UK. They're my go-to.

What MB did was disgraceful, and do hope they get what's coming. Thanks to using a credit card, I managed to walk away only £30 down.
Use a credit card, and you're protected under Section 75.

Direct Collectibles were brilliant and I'd use them again if they stocked something OSB couldn't get. I ordered my Evil Supes on Layaway with them and he turned up immediately after my last payment in immaculate condition.

He was also very securely packed with the HT shipper...okay not as securely packed as Wai Man packs his toys but close!

Back