Most Anticipated movies of 2013 (multiple vote poll)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vote for all you are looking forward to

• Man of Steel

Votes: 92 56.8%
  • The Wolverine

Votes: 53 32.7%
  • Kick Ass 2

Votes: 29 17.9%
  • Pacific Rim

Votes: 40 24.7%
  • Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

Votes: 27 16.7%
  • Anchorman: The Legend Continues

Votes: 27 16.7%
  • World War Z

Votes: 23 14.2%
  • Thor 2

Votes: 66 40.7%
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness

Votes: 61 37.7%
  • Iron Man 3

Votes: 85 52.5%

• Total voters
I'm looking froward to

Man of Steel
The Wolverine
Thor 2
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug
Kick *** 2
Sin City 2
Star Trek into Darkness

and of course the return of Ron Burgundy :yess:

gonna update my list.

The Wolverine
Man of Steel
Thor: The Dark World
Sin City: A Dame To Kill For
Kick *** 2
Iron Man 3
Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug

Last edited:
Man of Steel - meh, looks borring and too far away from the source concept.
___

The Wolverine - lack of information makes me unconcerned.
___

Kick *** 2 - no Cage and Moretz is too adult looking.
(but still first week watch bcoz of Carrey + Leguizamo + Faison)
___

Pacific Rim - not interested at all.
(meh concept, uncharismatic cast, borring looking monsters (so far))
___

Sin City 2 - late-to-the-party movie. The train has already left, sorry Robert.
___

Anchorman - not my kind of movie, only at home when bored.
___

WWZ - I'd love to see it... if it wasn't another f'up melodramatic blockbuster. Home video only.
___

Thor 2 - first one was ok and never saw any Game of Thrones. Still very interesting.
___

No Patrick Stewart = No Star Trek
___

Iron Man 3 - very interesting but still a little doubtful.
___

. . .

Riddick 3D is the one and only! THREAD SUCKS :nana:

Just from the options listed in the poll, I'm looking forward to all of them except Anchorman, Star Trek, World War Z, and Thor 2 (liked him in Avengers, but haven't watched the first Thor yet haha).

At the top would be Kick-*** 2, Man of Steel, The Wolverine, and I really want Pacific Rim to be good. I have concerns about all though, namely typical stuff like:

Matthew Vaughn and his team leaving KA2 and the new team messing it up in every way possible.

Man of Steel not having enough action. Unlike many others around here, I'm not worried about Nolan's involvement, I actually like most of what he did with Batman for a new take on the character, and I believe it was partly his decision to bring in Zack Snyder (a good choice IMO). But please punch something more than once, Supes!

The Wolverine dropping the ball with the script, while having everything else right like casting, setting, etc.

Pacific Rim...I think my expectations are properly set for this one, but you never know. I guess weak dialogue and characters would be disappointing. And sometimes del Toro's pacing in his movies throws me off.

Iron Man 3 looks promising, but I wasn't really blown away by Iron Man 1 or 2 (I actually thought 2 was more fun, 1 bored me a bit). But I think RDJ is great and I loved all the Iron Man parts in those movies, so here's hoping it lives up to the trailers! :)

Last edited:
Man of Steel - Because comic films seem to rule this current climate and Superman needs to be properly represented in this new age.

Anchorman 2 - First is one of the best comedies of all time, adding Harrison Ford as seemingly the main antagonist was definately a great move.

Iron Man 3 - I'm nervous for a few reasons, Shane Black (what changed? it's still him fighting other guys in suits of armors so why shoehorn Fav out?), and possibly RDJ's last outing as Stark.

The Wolverine - Because I'm desperately hoping for a good movie with Wolverine after 4 failed attempts. (not counting his FC cameo)

Kick-*** 2 - The first was a pleasant surprise and left me wanting more.

Pacific Rim - Just looks fun but the monster designs I've seen so far flat out suck and I'm not at all a fan of the Gypsy Danger design either.

The rest I don't care about.

Most anticipated: Trek 2

Will go see: Thor2, IM3

Will want to see but probably wont: Wolverine 2, Man of Steel

Will wait for dvd for the rest.

Looking forward to these...

1. Man of Steel
2. IM 3
3. Star Trek
4. Wolverine
5. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
6. Thor 2
7. Anchorman 2
8. Monsters U
9. The Lone Ranger
10. Sin City

...But Im really interested in 47 Ronin as well.

I already saw my most anticipated. Everything else this year is just things i'm mildy looking forward too.

Kick *** 2 just jumped up to my second most anticipated thanks to the epic trailer
:goodpost: The trailer was great, I'm so happy it wasn't disappointing! I'm a little surprised it's second from the bottom on the poll, but I guess not many people saw the first one.

Got to go with Man of Steel. This will be the LAST time I'll ever get excited for a Superman film if it turns out to be bad.

And the last ******** time I'll vote for one in these types of polls. :lol

:goodpost: The trailer was great, I'm so happy it wasn't disappointing! I'm a little surprised it's second from the bottom on the poll, but I guess not many people saw the first one.

I second this. Kickass is in my top 3 anticipated movies but its one that I'll wait to buy on blu ray. Theaters cost too much these days and only certain movies warrant theater viewing. I'd rather watch most on my HD TV then at the movies. Double dipping gets to expensive. I didn't see the hobbit in the theater last year and I am a major lotr nut. TVs are just too nice these days and unless the film has massive special effects its just not worth it..

Maybe kickass is farther down list because people don't plan on seeing it in the movie theater but are still planning to watch or buy it on blu ray. Therefore its not highly anticipated in that sense.

I second this. Kickass is in my top 3 anticipated movies but its one that I'll wait to buy on blu ray. Theaters cost too much these days and only certain movies warrant theater viewing. I'd rather watch most on my HD TV then at the movies. Double dipping gets to expensive. I didn't see the hobbit in the theater last year and I am a major lotr nut. TVs are just too nice these days and unless the film has massive special effects its just not worth it..

Maybe kickass is farther down list because people don't plan on seeing it in the movie theater but are still planning to watch or buy it on blu ray. Therefore its not highly anticipated in that sense.
Ah that makes sense, I suppose it's not exactly a spectacle or huge event movie, so it'll probably have great Bluray/DVD sales, as you said. I myself have also skipped seeing a bunch of movies in the theater, as it just seemed either a hassle or I was fed up with all the glowing cell phones and people having conversations during the movie. :lol

And I guess it's hard to imagine this one will interest anyone who didn't care about the first. Well, as long as fans of the original are happy with it, that's all that really matters! :D

I voted on Pacific Rim. I'll probably go see most of the movies on the list, but nothing to scream about. Iron Man3, Wolverine, and Evil Dead are the only other ones I'll probably see opening weekend. The rest, well maybe matinee is in order.

be264ef3-8948-47bc-8a1b-4b15e7fc5932

Back