Moria Orc Archer ... Who's GOT one?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
spaceman said:
Yep - and don't forget the Balrog ;)

I really like the continuity of the Moria stone bases carried through these 4 pieces. It nicely showcases the battle within Gimli's ancestral halls against the new residents. I paid retail for each.

Please don't hate me because I'm polyful :D
:banana :elefant :banana :elefant :banana

Seriously - congrats on the Archer. It has been one of my personal faves since the early days. :clap

If only they have produced the Moria Orc Cementary... it has been a while since I posted, I wonder if anyone remembers me at all, anyway, at least I hope goliath will. I have taken an assignment in Philippines, Manila for a while and will be back only next April, I have miss the arrival of the Legolas and Gimli on Arod and Aragorn at Black Gates. I am glad that my wife is now taking care of that for me. At this point of posting, I am already here for 2 weeks, there is a Tolkien Society in Philippines which I have yet to make contact, they seemed like a real treat - one of the post discuss about the wedding vows made in Sindarin. Anyway, now that I have settled down a little with internet connection now - though it is a snail-like dial up. Its better than nothing.

I think there is no culture of collecting SS stuff here, so far, I have at most see enthusiasts talking about Toybiz stuff.. not Neca or the rest. For those who knows me, will be very glad you keep me posted with pm of the latest development in the LOTR product release. For example, the NECA Balrog, DM Mina Tirith, The Two Towers Complete Recordings, production of "The Hobbit" if any at all)... Thanks pal...

I don't have it yet, but I will someday. I want the followign 4 statues.

1. Orc Archer
2. Uruk Hai scout/swordsman
3. Orc Swordsman
4. Witch King

Maybe a couple others I missed too, but these are the main 4 I want to go back and get. I didn't miss many.

Last edited:
larbob said:
I've always liked the archer better that the swordsman.
Congrats on one of my favorites.

Ditto, I parted with my Swordsman for over $1000 but there was no way I was selling my Archer.

The ones I've seen and heard of are definitely not numbered.

Probably a number he came up with, after all he's a genius (look at his username)...:lol

But on the serious side: he also has the Stone Trolls up for sale and he probably just copied the auction listing without paying attention.

goliath said:
The ones I've seen and heard of are definitely not numbered.

Probably a number he came up with, after all he's a genius (look at his username)...:lol

But on the serious side: he also has the Stone Trolls up for sale and he probably just copied the auction listing without paying attention.

Yeah it looks like it, never noticed that before.

Nice one Goliath,
Move over Columbo - "Just one last thing"

KitFisto said:
I don't have it yet, but I will someday. I want the followign 4 statues.

1. Orc Archer
2. Uruk Hai scout/swordsman
3. Orc Swordsman
4. Witch King

Maybe a couple others I missed too, but these are the main 4 I want to go back and get. I didn't miss many.

So you are looking for 2 and 3 too?? Suprised to see that 5 years after the first release of FOTR, there are still collectors for them... LONG LIVE SSW!

I've got them all, except Newborn :rotfl

Moria%20Orc%20Archer%202.JPG

Moria%20Orc%20Archer%201.JPG

Moria%20Orc%20Swordsman%201.JPG

Moria%20Orc%20Swordsman%204.JPG

Uruk-Hai%20Scout%20Swordsman%201.JPG

Uruk-Hai%20Scout%20Swordsman%204.JPG

Uruk-Hai%20Berserker%201.JPG

Ugluk%201.JPG

Ugluk%205.JPG

ifu03612 said:
According to this guy the Moria Orc Archer is ltd to 750 worldwide, do you think he wrote the number on himself?

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOTR-Lord-of-the-Rings-Sideshow-Weta-Moria-Orc-Archer_W0QQitemZ6627421770QQcategoryZ80QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
People write all kinds of stuff in their product descriptions, just to make them more attractive. 750 sure is a nice edition size, but unless a SSC official tells me it's true, I won't belive it. There's no edition number on my archer... I asked Daniel Falconer, a Weta sculptor about the edition sizes of the so called "open editions" in a chat some days ago, and even though he thought it was an interesting question, he couldn't answer it. In fact he said he thought that the edition sizes of the Weta LOTR items where handled by SSC, so it's best to ask SSC about it. I've asked SSC about it years ago, and they said they didn't know how much where made. So... as far as I'm concerned, nobody knows the actual number of these open editions. I belive a certain amount where made, and that the items now are retired, meaning that even though they are not limited editions, their number still is limited. So, let the guessing continue...

Last edited:
Back