Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Order NOW through the banner!.

Someone needs to cut this in half and reposition the upper body.

Someone needs to cut this in half and reposition the upper body.

And that special man is INFECDEAD, but he's in Australia so he might not have his yet... :wave

I was going to do some similar "breaking" of my own (especially the neck), but he's a piece that looks better in-hand (even the cheese sword!), and my head isnt as tilted/giraffe looking (might be lucky, or maybe just how I situated the robes, etc).And I prefer the robe covered look (they werent flashing legs in the movies). So for now, he shall remain "unbroken". Although I have fixed the helmet prong angles, shortened up his mace chain, and am adding some additional weathering to parts of his clothing, and will be doing some metallizer/pantena work on all his armor bits. :D

And that special man is INFECDEAD, but he's in Australia so he might not have his yet... :wave

I was going to do some similar "breaking" of my own (especially the neck), but he's a piece that looks better in-hand (even the cheese sword!), and my head isnt as tilted/giraffe looking (might be lucky, or maybe just how I situated the robes, etc).And I prefer the robe covered look (they werent flashing legs in the movies). So for now, he shall remain "unbroken". Although I have fixed the helmet prong angles, shortened up his mace chain, and am adding some additional weathering to parts of his clothing, and will be doing some metallizer/pantena work on all his armor bits. :D

Watched ROTK tonight. Watch the scene where he's fighting Eoweyn. The prongs on the helm chin are close in once scene, wide like the SSC PF after he's dismounted from the felbeast and stands up behind the wing, and then close again from there. I saw them wide earlier in the movie too, but even more briefly. It appears there were more than one helmet used in the movie, with varying spacing in the chin prongs. So, either way (wide or tight/close) is correct I guess.

Here's some comparison from screen grabs. Taken from moments following the fel beast's decapitation, to Eoweyn ramming her blade into his face.

27216161.jpg

Makes you wonder if that thin metal on those prongs was bending a lot during filming and they had to keep straightening it.

Last edited:

Watched ROTK tonight. Watch the scene where he's fighting Eoweyn. The prongs on the helm chin are close in once scene, wide like the SSC PF after he's dismounted from the felbeast and stands up behind the wing, and then close again from there. I saw them wide earlier in the movie too, but even more briefly. It appears there were more than one helmet used in the movie, with varying spacing in the chin prongs. So, either way (wide or tight/close) is correct I guess.

Here's some comparison from screen grabs. Taken from moments following the fel beast's decapitation, to Eoweyn ramming her blade into his face.

Makes you wonder if that thin metal on those prongs was bending a lot during filming and they had to keep straightening it.

Great pics! :clap Although even in those "wide prong" shots, they werent as far apart as my PF's prongs originally were. :dunno I just made them as close as the Weta maquette (and UC prop replicas) were. :)

Moral of the story: you can have the prongs anyway you want them! :cool:

Great pics! :clap Although even in those "wide prong" shots, they werent as far apart as my PF's prongs originally were. :dunno I just made them as close as the Weta maquette (and UC prop replicas) were. :)

Moral of the story: you can have the prongs anyway you want them! :cool:

Yeah, the SSC prongs look a bit wider. Just thought it was interesting how varied the movie gets, even in the same scene.

There are blatant discrepencies like that within a number of LOTR scenes. Makes you wonder if they were so exhausted that they just didn't notice or if, by the time they were found, it was too late to change them.

My Nazgul #159/500 came in this afternoon, can't believe it's taller than Spider-Man Comiquette, now I am looking a place for it.

My Nazgul #159/500 came in this afternoon, can't believe it's taller than Spider-Man Comiquette, now I am looking a place for it.

Contrats on his arrival microdragon...is there a bit of DIY on the cards then?:)

Bill

I wonder where Malice is? He needs to chime in on this!

well i got on the WL last week and it's converted already, soi i'm wondering if anyone has the exact measurement of how tall this guy is. i know i could look on the site for the specs, but from the past their specs aren't always accurate and i need to see if he'll fit into my display case before they ship him out.

thanks

2v9ejpj.jpg

28hcwhh.jpg

well i got on the WL last week and it's converted already, soi i'm wondering if anyone has the exact measurement of how tall this guy is. i know i could look on the site for the specs, but from the past their specs aren't always accurate and i need to see if he'll fit into my display case before they ship him out.

thanks

Exactly 26 inches tall to top of spike, and a 12inch diameter base with about 2-3 inches overflow due to mace staff and sword tip. :)

This one was a heartbreaking disappointment. Such baddass potential but it came out like a wet fart. I canceled. Grats to those who will be selling it for one third msrp on eBay next year though.

Tricksy of them to sandwich this thing between the two masterpieces of Gandalf and Gollum though.

Exactly 26 inches tall to top of spike, and a 12inch diameter base with about 2-3 inches overflow due to mace staff and sword tip. :)

cool, thanks man. looks like i've got more than a couple inches to spare width and hieght wise.
now i just have to decide if i actually want to get him at retail or wait for a year or so and get him on the cheap, since this has to be one of the worst EX's they've ever done imo. shat i'd take a print over this flaming blade:gah:

Congrats to those who like it and are enjoying it.
:clap

Its okay Trustey, let it all out... :1-1:

Its admittedly not a piece for everyone, but then again, what is? I never saw all the love for Lurtz personally. :dunno

One man's Grail is another man's trash. :)

And if someone is only buying these things for their later "profitability", well, then I think they are in this for the wrong reason, and at that point why do they even care what the piece looks like, since they wont be keeping it? ;)

omg...I dont have Lurtz, but all I can say is that is nothing but Orc awesomness my friend. This is why Im hoping for other orcs to get the PF treatment, especially Gothmog.

Back