Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Order NOW through the banner!.

Overall, I like it...:yess:

It DOES look much better in hand then in some pics. the cheese sword is actually well done but does detract a bit from the PF itself.
I would have liked to see SS do a better job on how the hilt of the swords fit in, a bit more snug would have nice and the leg doesn't bother me at all now.
Robes are well weathered IMO but took me a bit to get all figured and laid out.
anyhoo, here's a few pics....

inyoface008.jpg

inyoface009.jpg

:wave

Overall, I like it...:yess:

It DOES look much better in hand then in some pics. the cheese sword is actually well done but does detract a bit from the PF itself.
I would have liked to see SS do a better job on how the hilt of the swords fit in, a bit more snug would have nice and the leg doesn't bother me at all now.
Robes are well weathered IMO but took me a bit to get all figured and laid out.
anyhoo, here's a few pics....

inyoface008.jpg

inyoface009.jpg

:wave

Congrats, he looks great!!! I can't wait to get mine back from sideshow...By the way, how did you get the cloth mask to look like that? Did you stuff some cotton up in the helm or something similar??

Congrats, he looks great!!! I can't wait to get mine back from sideshow...By the way, how did you get the cloth mask to look like that? Did you stuff some cotton up in the helm or something similar??

:lol With all the cloth hanging around I just stuffed some up there. when I first started dealing with all the robe material there was some in there but I pulled on everything to make sure it all flowed correctly. I still have no clue if I did it right...:slap

Now I have this in hand it is just as off balanced and awkward looking as the photos.
The legs are whack because it isn't natural to lever a massive weight like that morning star over the same leg as the arm it is in. The left leg should be at the back and the right leg at the front. The rest of the tilt of this statue is thrown off cos of this. You could futz with the fabric on this statue all day to try and cover up how wrong it is or to make it display better.
I'm going to futz it with my dremel.

Not the best in the line for sure

Has the regular began shipping yet, or is it only the EX still?

Has the regular began shipping yet, or is it only the EX still?

I have a regular on order and it shipped and should be here tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully by the time I get out of work I'll be able to go pick it up.

Did a quick mod on the helm. I repositioned the two front "jaw" prongs so that they are more pointed inward like they are supposed to be.

Also, I tied up the chain to the movie-accurate 15 links to see what it would look like before I made a mod, and here are the results as well. I think it makes the Mace a LOT more noticeable:

More to come!

The mask mod looks great. How did you reposition the jaws?

are you going to do a permanent mod to the chain? i would be a little concerned that with gravity, glue wouldn't be able to hold it together.

Wont be glue, the top link is a clasp type, and I'd just be resetting it to a lower link. You could also just use my current tie up and conceal the extra chain somehow.

The mask mod looks great. How did you reposition the jaws?

Thanks, its super simple. Just use a hot hairdryer/heat-gun to soften them up and then place a small piece of rigid foam between the prongs (to avoid the from getting too close), and a small rubber band (doubled up) to hold then position, and then let cool. Once cooled, the position is held. Ta-da! :yess:

Wont be glue, the top link is a clasp type, and I'd just be resetting it to a lower link. You could also just use my current tie up and conceal the extra chain somehow.

Thanks, its super simple. Just use a hot hairdryer/heat-gun to soften them up and then place a small piece of rigid foam between the prongs (to avoid the from getting too close), and a small rubber band (doubled up) to hold then position, and then let cool. Once cooled, the position is held. Ta-da! :yess:

Thanks, I kinda thought a hairdryer might be involved. They sure come in handy with this kind of stuff. I had to use one to straighten the prongs of the crown on the SSW Witch-King True-form statue back in the day. Thanks again for the advice, I might give it a go this weekend.:duff

The legs are whack because it isn't natural to lever a massive weight like that morning star over the same leg as the arm it is in. The left leg should be at the back and the right leg at the front. The rest of the tilt of this statue is thrown off cos of this.

This is absolutely correct. It's funny how something that is anatomically off looks strange, but it does. The head tilt bothers me more than the legs because the head is the main thing one sees, but I think the view from the side is the best to hide the wierd tilt. It's a nice statue despite the problems. The ex item was a bad one, not worth it. His flaming sword should actually have flames on both sides and not just piled up on one side.

Now I have this in hand it is just as off balanced and awkward looking as the photos.
The legs are whack because it isn't natural to lever a massive weight like that morning star over the same leg as the arm it is in. The left leg should be at the back and the right leg at the front. The rest of the tilt of this statue is thrown off cos of this. You could futz with the fabric on this statue all day to try and cover up how wrong it is or to make it display better.
I'm going to futz it with my dremel.

You make a good point. You want to push off with the leg of the side holding the mace, to apply more force to the swing. With that leg forward, it puts all the strain on the waist and arm, and you don't get that heaving swing.

Only way can visualize this PF's pose in a real setting is if he's stationary, and the mace swing is effortless, which I think that's the case with the witch king. But, even then there's still something wrong about it....

i like it. Not on the same level as Lurtz or GTG, but still a great piece. I like him more than Berserker. I made the mace mod, but didnt want to do it permanetely just in case he has to be sold down the road.

IMG_1345.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

i like it. Not on the same level as Lurtz or GTG, but still a great piece. I like him more than Berserker. I made the mace mod, but didnt want to do it permanetely just in case he has to be sold down the road.

Congrats!:clap Short chains for the win!:hi5: Did you get a reg or EX (dont see the ubiquitous "cheese shot")?

Definitely prefer the non "fire" sword, I think it distracts and looks a little to toyish.

Great shots everyone :clap

Back