Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Order NOW through the banner!.

I had plans to do something similar if I got this piece, but I'm just waiting on the Righ Wraith on Horseback now.

Update on the custom for you guys. Probably leaving the legs as is now. I've bent the foot peg back so the statue leans back more and they look ok enough now- you can see the front of the feet are off the base and I will adjust the base to support the feet when I reposition the statue on it. Cutting them and only being able to move them a few mm anyway isn't worth the effort.
Cheers.

P1000885.jpg

Looks better already INFECDEAD:lol

Really looking forward to seeing lots of WIP pics :stick

Bill

Hi,

saw your pictures in the thread. Can you please let me know, how you removed the helmet safely from the statue? I want to reposition the cloak/hood on my statue but the helmet seems to be glued to the statue. I can´t move it a single mm.

Thanks for your response in advance from Germany,
Peter

I used a 5" angle grinder with a diamond masonry blade. Sadly my dremel which would have been perfect did not cut far enough thru the neck.

I used a 5" angle grinder with a diamond masonry blade. Sadly my dremel which would have been perfect did not cut far enough thru the neck.

It's looking great so far. Can't wait to see the end results.

How is the Helm and shoulder armor attached?

Update on the custom for you guys. Probably leaving the legs as is now. I've bent the foot peg back so the statue leans back more and they look ok enough now- you can see the front of the feet are off the base and I will adjust the base to support the feet when I reposition the statue on it. Cutting them and only being able to move them a few mm anyway isn't worth the effort.
Cheers.

Awesome! :clap Cant wait to see how this turns out and then decide if I want to do something similar. I just wrapped up all my customs for the time being (need a break!), so my plate is empty! :naughty

AND THEY SAY NO MORTAL MAN CAN KILL HIM.:rotfl
LOOKS LIKE INFECDEAD IS DOING A GOOD JOB :horror
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT:yess:
Cheers.

P1000883.jpg

P1000884.jpg

P1000885.jpg

How is the Helm and shoulder armor attached?

The neck extends up into the crown which is glued on to it at the top. The shoulder armor is attached to the shoulders thru the fabric. I wanted to remove these, but couldn't without breaking the armour or ruining the robe.

Cenobite inspired update, things are slow today I have to wait for the arm to cure I am hoping it holds :pray:. Three nails aligned into holes in the arm and the shoulder to take the weight of the mace. Painful to get right...worse to make stay in position.
I know the arm with the mace is not as spread as the movie still. I have come to a crossroads with keeping the statue and it's parts relatively intact, or making more cuts to the elbows of the sculpt so I can spread the arms more. The sword arm at the moment without cutting it sits at about the same angle as the mace arm so it is balanced. I really want the movie still pose but in terms of practicality, space this thing will take up and just a general compromise, the bent elbows will have to do for now.
I can always cut it again and repose it if I don't like it or everyone hates on it :lol

P1000889.jpg

Cenobite inspired update, things are slow today I have to wait for the arm to cure I am hoping it holds :pray:. Three nails aligned into holes in the arm and the shoulder to take the weight of the mace. Painful to get right...worse to make stay in position.
I know the arm with the mace is not as spread as the movie still. I have come to a crossroads with keeping the statue and it's parts relatively intact, or making more cuts to the elbows of the sculpt so I can spread the arms more. The sword arm at the moment without cutting it sits at about the same angle as the mace arm so it is balanced. I really want the movie still pose but in terms of practicality, space this thing will take up and just a general compromise, the bent elbows will have to do for now.
I can always cut it again and repose it if I don't like it or everyone hates on it :lol

He is really coming along nice INFECDEAD. He look better already. Great work mate. :clap

Keep those WIP pics coming.

Bill

Nice work!

Thanks everyone. Almost finished, I haven't fiddled with the robes at all so it's pretty rough. I am having second thoughts about having to reposition the feet on the base cos it looks pretty good as it is so now I just have paint black my changes. I am thinking about removing the right hand for a repose to hold the sword tilted similar to the mace handle angle. It looks good as is, but not on all viewing angles.
The head is removable and poseable from shoulder to shoulder.
I like this much better than the original, such a shame SS went with the other pose. :monkey2
Sorry for the poor pics there is no sun this morning.
Will post better pics of the final when it's done, but it won't change too much from this version.
Cheers

P1000894.jpg

P1000898.jpg

P1000904.jpg

Thanks everyone. Almost finished, I haven't fiddled with the robes at all so it's pretty rough. I am having second thoughts about having to reposition the feet on the base cos it looks pretty good as it is so now I just have paint black my changes. I am thinking about removing the right hand for a repose to hold the sword tilted similar to the mace handle angle. It looks good as is, but not on all viewing angles.
The head is removable and poseable from shoulder to shoulder.
I like this much better than the original, such a shame SS went with the other pose. :monkey2
Sorry for the poor pics there is no sun this morning.
Will post better pics of the final when it's done, but it won't change too much from this version.
Cheers

NICE! :clap :yess:

Awesome idea with the positionable head! I say go for the sword tilt, and try the chain at 15 links and see what you think of it at that length. Heck put the flame sword in there for kicks, the angle of the flames would make it look like he's swinging! :lol

wow...... i have to say, looks fantastic. Puts SS to shame! With the 'iconic' pose everyone wants too! You've got rid of the head issue, pose issue, leg issue, and mace issue. Well done! :clap

now you have to do everyone elses ML :)
do you think you can do another 499 ?

Looks 1,000x better. Great job!

Well done sir, well done. Looks incredible and now I wish I could have that Morgul Lord as a pf as well :lol

On a side note, mine came today and I friggin' love it! Such an amazing statue on so many levels. So imposing next to Gandalf.

Ringwraith on stead next please!!! :rock (after Gollum of course)

Back