MORGAN'S Hellfire Club

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was at diner with studio friend of mine tonight and we talked about the fox/marvel rights stuff and if there's been any official movement. I knew fox wanted TV rights for xmen universe and marvel wasn't giving them up easy. And that after th FF flop that may not have been enough by itself...well I guess there's a new wrinkle. This recent split between marvel studios (movie) and marvel entertainment (everything else including TV) may have thrown a wrench into things. Not derailed it or anything. But before the split I know (or was told by people I know at marvel) that marvel was going to ask for complete return of FF (to use the secondary characters as much as the main four..especially for infinity war) rights to marvel...and a deal like they have with Sony on Spiderman to use some of the xmen. And to be in control of a rebooted wolverine if Hugh Jackman is done for sure. So they would essentially get...

1-the entire fantastic four library or rights back. The main four and people like doom and galactics and silver surfer
2-wolverine solo films and pick who is cast next
3-right to use "mutant" word and actually create new ones
4-to use some of the xmen characters in marvel movies

And fox got(or would have)

1-TV rights to multiple xmen shows
2-marvel creative help on all TV and movies if they want, free of charge
3-potential to have MCU characters in future xmen movies pending approval

But becuase this split at marvel essentially means that it's now a three way deal and the two marvel branches are trying to one up each other fox has gained leverage it didn't have. What a mess. I do hope the do/have/can/will work out the deal as was previously outlined(the points I brought up where the previous deal). That would be great for everyone. Essentially among marvel whole again. Access to FF, Spiderman, xmen and its current library. That would "be banging" as the lady's on the show say.

Was at diner with studio friend of mine tonight and we talked about the fox/marvel rights stuff and if there's been any official movement. I knew fox wanted TV rights for xmen universe and marvel wasn't giving them up easy. And that after th FF flop that may not have been enough by itself...well I guess there's a new wrinkle. This recent split between marvel studios (movie) and marvel entertainment (everything else including TV) may have thrown a wrench into things. Not derailed it or anything. But before the split I know (or was told by people I know at marvel) that marvel was going to ask for complete return of FF (to use the secondary characters as much as the main four..especially for infinity war) rights to marvel...and a deal like they have with Sony on Spiderman to use some of the xmen. And to be in control of a rebooted wolverine if Hugh Jackman is done for sure. So they would essentially get...

1-the entire fantastic four library or rights back. The main four and people like doom and galactics and silver surfer
2-wolverine solo films and pick who is cast next
3-right to use "mutant" word and actually create new ones
4-to use some of the xmen characters in marvel movies

And fox got(or would have)

1-TV rights to multiple xmen shows
2-marvel creative help on all TV and movies if they want, free of charge
3-potential to have MCU characters in future xmen movies pending approval

But becuase this split at marvel essentially means that it's now a three way deal and the two marvel branches are trying to one up each other fox has gained leverage it didn't have. What a mess. I do hope the do/have/can/will work out the deal as was previously outlined(the points I brought up where the previous deal). That would be great for everyone. Essentially among marvel whole again. Access to FF, Spiderman, xmen and its current library. That would "be banging" as the lady's on the show say.

I hope they work it out. Keep us posted motu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope they work it out. Keep us posted motu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah me too. I'd love to see how captain America (this version, Chris Evans) would handle a character like wolverine. Given how much he and stark butt heads...could be fun. But these studios need to get it together.

:lol ya that would suck, but it's drew so maybe :lol

Yeah actually I might power thru :lol
tumblr_m6sxu6mFKR1ro1ct9o1_500.gif

:lol Collector Corps refunded me and included instructions on how to cancel my membership. :lol

Back