More SSC Gi Joe Iems Reappearing on SSC.com

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcward16

Freaked Out
Reaction score
So last week I was able to snag a Flint that was put back up on SSC.com randomly out of the blue. Well, now they have a Dessert Sniper and some of the environments put back up as well. I think the Dessert Sniper may have sold out again already cause its in "checking inventory" status.

Anyways, Im newer to the sixth scale collecting and sideshow in general, does this really happen that often?

They're a combination of Warehous finds, and old CS Stock that was held back for returns or exchanges, then were lost/misplaced for a while. it's also possible they're returned stock from retailers who were unable to sell it.

this DOES happen from time to time across all sideshow's lines.

I snagged the Desert Sniper, it is a figure I missed out on originally and for $99 I figured why the heck not!
Nice man! Good find!
Yeah I just started collecting Joes in January this year, so I have a lot I missed out on as well. So far I have been getting extremely lucky with some cheap finds on Amazon, SSC.com, and BBTS (Flint for $120, Falcon for $199, Storm Shadow (first edition) for $199, Dusty for $150) Having a hell of a time finding a decent priced Beachhead and Firefly, all about patience though, it'll happen sometime!

It'll likely happen sooner rather than later. with the rumors of sideshow ending this line, the more bandwagon fans are gonna start dumping their figures, which wil create a surplus, and serve to drive those prices down. I plan to stock up on armybuilders.

Good maybe I can find a Cobra Throne at a reasonable price.

It'll likely happen sooner rather than later. with the rumors of sideshow ending this line, the more bandwagon fans are gonna start dumping their figures, which wil create a surplus, and serve to drive those prices down. I plan to stock up on armybuilders.
For sure, I'll take whatever anyone doesn't want! Bummed that the line is pretty much coming to an end since I just got into it...

Used my rewards and grabbed the Urban Threat Environment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It shows as checking inventory now for the Urban Threat Environment, so I think you got the last one, nice!

For sure, I'll take whatever anyone doesn't want! Bummed that the line is pretty much coming to an end since I just got into it...

We don't knwo that for certian yet. While it is LIKELY going to be what happens based on sideshow's past history, its entirely possible that they just don't have anything ready for SDCC this year. all we know for certian is there will be no new figures on display for Joe.

This, PLUS a message from a Sideshow CS rep that there are no new figures in development THAT THEY KNOW OF has led us to believe that Joe is on hold.
Sideshow has made no official statement about this, and they usualy do. The rep has also stated that it's possible that there are figures in development they do not know about.

Two years ago, people assumed Sideshow LOST the DC liscense, becuase there were NO figures on display from the line.

A few years before that ( I forget which) people assumed that Sideshow had lost the 1/6th star wars liscense, Becuase there were no new figures on display at SDCC, only recent and pending releases, with nothing new to Preorder.

In BOTH cases, just like this case, Sideshow had made NO OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF ANY KIND, and people jumped to conclusions.

That said, It's still possible it's over. We will not know for certian for a while, possibly untill SDCC 2015, if there is still nothing, possibly sooner if sideshow makes an official statement.

But for now, all we know is that there will appearently be no new figures at SDCC 2014.

THAT said, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

Only environment any Joe fan should ever buy is the Throne. All the others are Gene environments. As in Generic.

They're a combination of Warehous finds, and old CS Stock that was held back for returns or exchanges, then were lost/misplaced for a while. it's also possible they're returned stock from retailers who were unable to sell it.

this DOES happen from time to time across all sideshow's lines.

They also pull product from the site to push other product as well. There've been far too many "Spooky Second Chance" options for items loooooong sold out. :lol

Only environment any Joe fan should ever buy is the Throne. All the others are Gene environments. As in Generic.

I agree. The throne is awesome.

a7epa9ez.jpg

Wish I had gotten the throne, but back when I first started in 1/6 scale $200 was really steep to me. Oh how things change in 5 years...

We don't knwo that for certian yet. While it is LIKELY going to be what happens based on sideshow's past history, its entirely possible that they just don't have anything ready for SDCC this year. all we know for certian is there will be no new figures on display for Joe.

This, PLUS a message from a Sideshow CS rep that there are no new figures in development THAT THEY KNOW OF has led us to believe that Joe is on hold.
Sideshow has made no official statement about this, and they usualy do. The rep has also stated that it's possible that there are figures in development they do not know about.

Two years ago, people assumed Sideshow LOST the DC liscense, becuase there were NO figures on display from the line.

A few years before that ( I forget which) people assumed that Sideshow had lost the 1/6th star wars liscense, Becuase there were no new figures on display at SDCC, only recent and pending releases, with nothing new to Preorder.

In BOTH cases, just like this case, Sideshow had made NO OFFICIAL STATEMENT OF ANY KIND, and people jumped to conclusions.

That said, It's still possible it's over. We will not know for certian for a while, possibly untill SDCC 2015, if there is still nothing, possibly sooner if sideshow makes an official statement.

But for now, all we know is that there will appearently be no new figures at SDCC 2014.

THAT said, I wouldn't hold my breath either.

The reason you shouldn't hold your breath is that a non-CS Sideshow employee stated (in confidence) that, as of now, the line is done. No jumping to conclusions involved.

Back