More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These new sculpts are the work of the fabulous Yulli, who did the POTC trio, Prison Break brothers, Rambo v3, and Appleseed Deunan. Click the link for a better glimpse of Brando as Jor-El.

From Yulli's site, the pics of Jor El's outfit look white, almost like a terry cloth, can't see the shine in it, the "S" Shield has silver Trim.

Thanks for the link Gruff.

UPDATE: Toys2 should have Jor El and Supes up on their site for Pre-order Monday. Don't know price points yet.

Last edited:
The material doesn't look so nice, but still its Jor-El! A definite must have :rock

1759237006_26b8893e43_b.jpg

Great sculpt, thanks for that pic GB. I see ABC Express has them for under 100 less shipping so I hope Toys2 will be a similar price point...

That'd be a great price...

I like the detail of the new Supes sculpt... but he looks a bit too teen angsty for my tastes. I still prefer the original.

I also hope Jor-El comes with more than just those open meathooks. I don't like that relaxed hand sculpt. I think it hurt the Prison Break figures.

The fact that they're relaxed doesn't bother me but I just don't think HT makes a very natural looking relaxed hand pose. Sideshows force hand looks better than HT's as a relaxed pose.

The fact that they're relaxed doesn't bother me but I just don't think HT makes a very natural looking relaxed hand pose. Sideshows force hand looks better than HT's as a relaxed pose.

Exactly, I'm fine with relaxed... but these don't look very nice

uhhhh, already have first HT Superman Returns...now I suppose I'm going to have to get this one too.

If you're not really feeling it, you can always wait. I don't think this will be your last opportunity to buy a Superman/Clark Kent from Hot Toys. I figure a couple more rounds of Superman Returns then Justice League Superman before Man of Steel Superman.

If you're not really feeling it, you can always wait. I don't think this will be your last opportunity to buy a Superman/Clark Kent from Hot Toys. I figure a couple more rounds of Superman Returns then Justice League Superman before Man of Steel Superman.

Uhhh, that is also true. But I don't know if this Supes will become hard to get much like the SR became.

Uhhh, that is also true. But I don't know if this Supes will become hard to get much like the SR became.

Well you gotta think long term. Do you want a shelf of SR Supermans? The first one next to this one next to a Justice League next to a Man Of Steal Superman next to...

Ah, what the hell, if you don't have Clark, pick this guy up. Hell, buy a Hot Toys body and boom, you can have two Supermans flanking Clark Kent.

Well you gotta think long term. Do you want a shelf of SR Supermans? The first one next to this one next to a Justice League next to a Man Of Steal Superman next to...

Ah, what the hell, if you don't have Clark, pick this guy up. Hell, buy a Hot Toys body and boom, you can have two Supermans flanking Clark Kent.

Hmm, that's one hell of an idea you have.

Hmm, that's one hell of an idea you have.

My original idea for me was to sell my V1 Superman that I modified to be true 1:6 -- he's over 12 1/2 inches instead of 11 3/4 -- on eBay with the V2 head that came with Clark Kent; buy the new Superman, swap on the V1 head, grab a spare Hot Toys body, give two more leg inplants and boom! I'd have a triptych: Clark, transforming Clark and Superman. But I'm not doing it as I'm just not digging on the new pattern on the suit. The scale of the diamond pattern bugs me.

Last edited:
I love the new Supes sculpt but not feeling the Clark goofy grin after looking at the last pic shown. I still will try and nab a second HT body and have them both next to their v1 counterparts.

have they not been able to get brandon routh's likeness rights or something? None of the Ht supes figures have looked like him to me. (great figures i'm sure, I'm not doubting that ... but just not brandon)

seems odd they can get stallone, keira knightly, marlon brando.... but not brandon routh?

Also, and it could be the photo... but the scale of his head next to his body makes him look like he's got the physique of a slim Japanese man

Back