More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am diggin the new Supes. I will probably keep my original Clark Kent as I like the suit and headsculpt better.

I'm with you on this comment... I'll be selling my Superman & keep the original Clark Kent, two suits and heads are better than one! I just hope the neck joints are the same as the Original Clark Kent as the new one!

I am definitely getting both. The new Sup will serve as a Clark Kent though. I am perfectly happy with my old supes. Do you reckon, sideshow will be selling these? I don't want to purchase from Toys2 because shipping is a killer.

Im looking forward to see what they can do with a third Brandon head sculpt,they have made progress,and im positive that we will see a Superman in spacesuit next.

Look what they managed to do with the Rambo figures,from the very first figure and up to the latest one,they have reached their goal on getting Stallones likeness,in my view...so a third Brandon should be good.

I don't want to purchase from Toys2 because shipping is a killer.

I've never ordered from Toys2 before, just how killer are those shipping fees?

Ball park, naturally. I realize that different zones bring different rates, but what are we talking about here (for a typical U.S. customer)? 30 bucks a pop? 20?

I've never ordered from Toys2 before, just how killer are those shipping fees?

Ball park, naturally. I realize that different zones bring different rates, but what are we talking about here (for a typical U.S. customer)? 30 bucks a pop? 20?
Mine came out to about $21 for shipping.

The white boots are really making me feel better about the whole outfit. It all ties together now, and just looks... better.

The bad part is knowing that Christopher Reeve and Terrence Stamp figures aren't likely to follow. :monkey2

Especially since the Jor-El figure says Superman Returns. Bummer. But at least the figure looks awesome.

It occured to me that Clark Kent came out about this time last year. And I remember there being a second run of Routh Superman Returns from Hot Toys around that time too, though I can't find detailed comfirmation so maybe I got that wrong. Either way, I wonder if releasing a Superman figure or two is going to be an annual event for Hot Toys.

2009 will surely see a Justice League Superman and 2010 will probably have a Man of Steel Routh Superman (maybe 2011). I bet we'll see more rereleases and more characters put out in the off years. Like spacesuit Superman and Judges robes Jor-El next Dec -- though judges robes Jor-El would cross the line from Superman Returns to just plain Superman. So maybe Lois Lane down the line, maybe Lex. And maybe, just maybe, a Chris Reeve Superman at one point. (insert fingers-crossed emoticon here)

Last edited:
I don't like the new headsculpt as much as the original. I love the extra detail of it and how realistic it is... however I think the original Supes looks more like Routh, especially after a repaint. I'll be keeping the original.

I don't like the new headsculpt as much as the original. I love the extra detail of it and how realistic it is... however I think the original Supes looks more like Routh, especially after a repaint. I'll be keeping the original.

Galactiboy, you have one of the best, most diverse collections here... My point being you have a great eye for collecting and the what akes a good collectible. So I can't believe you can think the original is even on par with this one... I respect your opinion, just surprised... I have the original and the Clark Kent and I can honestly say this one beats it the original on all fronts... Sculpt, likeness (imo, especially) & especially the tailoring of the suit... Love the diamond textile, which brings out the definition of the body more, the improved trunks and hopefully, I highly doubt though, they may have corrected the fact that on boot is bigger than the other!

Each to his own, but this one is truely superior to the original hands down!:lol

Galactiboy, you have one of the best, most diverse collections here... My point being you have a great eye for collecting and the what akes a good collectible. So I can't believe you can think the original is even on par with this one... I respect your opinion, just surprised... I have the original and the Clark Kent and I can honestly say this one beats it the original on all fronts... Sculpt, likeness (imo, especially) & especially the tailoring of the suit... Love the diamond textile, which brings out the definition of the body more, the improved trunks and hopefully, I highly doubt though, they may have corrected the fact that on boot is bigger than the other!

Each to his own, but this one is truely superior to the original hands down!:lol

It looks great but I have yet to see the head that truly captures Brandon Routh. I've seen the first head look pretty good after a repaint job. All three heads are good (some better than others but not by much) but none have "nailed" the look.

This just might be the first Hot Toys figure I'll buy! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

No, I'm not counting the loose George Lucas head I bought on Ebay a few years back. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

The new Supes head looks great, but really it's the same figure. The clothing is exactly the same, just a better paint job. I still like my repainted original just fine. :rock

Though, this is an excellent opportunity for those that missed the ship the first go round.

They played with the clothes, too. From this...

to this...

4Superman2in1.jpg

I love the idea of adding a daimond pattern but my problem is the ones on the suit are like 1:1 with the diamonds on the costume...

I hope they find a compromise for the next iteration of Superman figures.

Last edited:
Here a comparison of the two...
HotToysSupermanComparison.jpg

The main differences as I see them, far better head sculpt, diamond textile on suit, looks tighter as well as I can see more the figure's definition, The trunks are a more accurate cut - like breifs, not the speedo cut the first one had... I personally think it a far better offer than the first.

Galactiboy, you have one of the best, most diverse collections here...

And I thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it...

So I can't believe you can think the original is even on par with this one...

Oh, and now you must die!!! :lol

I actually completely agree with a lot of what you are saying... but for me something about the new sculpt just doesn't look right. Its hard to pin-down, but he's almost too pretty (even though Brandon's a pretty-boy). Don't get me wrong the new sculpt quality and detailwise is mindblowing... but I prefer the simpler version.

I never got into the Kent figures so I'm not as worried about having that one.

Hmmm... now looking at the pictures I'm starting to doubt myself. Damn it... must stay away from these threads :lol

I have the same problem with my Aoshima Endoskeleton, I love the figure. Especially that its Die-Cast, but the new HT version is so badass it makes choosing difficult :monkey2

Back