More Hot Toys Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends,i feel comfortable with a Hong Kong seller i have bought several times from,gets the figures quicker also.

I just hear too many horror stories about ebay preorders. I will wait for Toyanxiety to list it.

Use a dealer you know... as far as US Dealers, I don't think there have been any for the HT Superman line so Toys2 for me. I figure Jor El will be 115, don't know about Supes, probably more because there is more to it.

i have bought almost all of my Hot Toys figures from a Hong Kong seller on ebay,so i stick with him,i have bought 2 times from toys2.net also,very good service and fast shipping.

Now that we've gotten a better look at Jor-El, I'm feeling a bit underwhelmed with the outfit myself. Looks like he's in a terrycloth bathrobe and pj's. Feels kinda half-assed for HT.

don't worry. if you don't like this version, i'd wager they'll be releasing jor-el in his black outfill later on.

When HT first hinted at a silvery white costumed Supes fig, they obviously were talking about Jor EL. The outfit in the proto pics is white as previously mentioned but I am betting that is a proto and HT had not yet figured out what material to use and will release Jor El with a "silvery white" costume. HT is known for delivering on details as clearly necessary as this and I wouldn't put it past them.

I am not as hopeful about the "S" Shield, I think that is what we will probably get this go 'round.

When HT first hinted at a silvery white costumed Supes fig, they obviously were talking about Jor EL. The outfit in the proto pics is white as previously mentioned but I am betting that is a proto and HT had not yet figured out what material to use and will release Jor El with a "silvery white" costume. .

in reality, when the lights were off, the costume was white. but when the lights were on it glowed. what hot toys should do is make the costume a shiny silver.

This looks freakin cool, when can we order it? Damn ive been out of the loop on things for 2 weeks or more.

The reason people like this new one better is because of a better paint job than the first one,the sculpt in itself isnt any better,the headshape looks more accurate on the first release.

I really like Clark's knowing grin. It captures him in the moment Lois walks away never dreaming...you know. It's subtle. And get a load of Superman's new spit curl -- that's some kinda whirly-curly hank of hair...

These new sculpts are the work of the fabulous Yulli, who did the POTC trio, Prison Break brothers, Rambo v3, and Appleseed Deunan. Click the link for a better glimpse of Brando as Jor-El.

Last edited:
I'm betting the Superman head isn't a different sculpt - but this does look like an improvement on the paint.

That little piece of Jor-el's cloak that we can see in the pic makes it look like it's a shiny white material.

Back