Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a Merman head dude. The Merman classics figure came with two heads. One head as per the original toy the other based on the original card back artwork which was quite different and many prefer. Mondo are probably doing the same. Their own head and a classic head. Stinkor in both vintage and classics is just a repainted Merman with Mekaneck armor.

It would be amazing if Mondo went that far into the line but I honestly doubt you will ever see Stinkor. I think if we get the original 8 like you listed we are doing very well.

MOTU - no cartoons, no movies, an in frequent comic and yet it commands quite the following and high-end collectibles. Nothing to laugh at is it?! :)

Well ****, I looked it up and sure enough that was his head. My bad dude.

Inflames Toys should be making these figures. Gotta be honest, I really would rather these look detailed, massive and seamless while giving up revoltech posing to make sure it looks less like a toy and more like a muscled, real person. Look what this company is doing! They are still decently posable too!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/71340

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/45534

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/74355

I'd love for them to get the Conan license, that's for sure.

I'd love for them to get the Conan license, that's for sure.

I just wish they would give up on some of the rooted hair. On male figures, it almost always looks horrible (especially when the hair is long). Them or Phicen/TBLeague could make excellent figs. The TBLeaguer Rambo preview figures looked fine EXCEPT for the ridiculous hair. If they do proper Rambo figs, I'd be in for all 3, as well as any Conan figs, or MOTU

Inflames Toys should be making these figures. Gotta be honest, I really would rather these look detailed, massive and seamless while giving up revoltech posing to make sure it looks less like a toy and more like a muscled, real person. Look what this company is doing! They are still decently posable too!

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/71340

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/45534

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/74355

That does look awesome but the INflames figures I have cannot hold a pose so save their life (albeit they are not seamless) and the clothing has deteriated on Cowboy from Hell really badly. The figure looked awesome out of the box but very hard to get to look good on a shelf and keep it in good shape.

Their new stuff does look pretty great though. As I said, seamless look great in museum poses and in pictures but cannot be posed in a detolf in any dynamic stances.

While it is exciting to see designs for other characters, it is hard to believe they will become a reality with how long the first two are taking to come to fruition.

I was super stoked when I saw the proto's for these at SDCC, but that was a year or two ago. They looked amazing, especially Skeletor's modern head sculpt. Looked badass. None of my seamless bodies can hold any sort of pose for any length of time or the silicon starts ripping. I am ok with the seams on these and even though I am all about rooted hair, I am ok with sculpted on these, as long as they look good and give the classic He-Man vibe. The two heads is an awesome way to go.

I still remember the huge tantrum I threw in K-Mart when these first hit the shelves. My Mom was adamant that I should not start a new figure line as I was heavily invested in Star Wars and Gi_joe and she even used the argument that they "were not in scale with any of my other figures".... which is one I use on myself to this very day to avoid indulging in another thing that catches my eye. I won that day (my little brother I think actually deserves the credit) and started my collection with just these two figures.

Those old figures are long gone though, so yeah, I am super excited about this line as it allows me to not break my 1/6th only rule and relive one of my favorite toy lines of my childhood. I just re-watched the entire series on Netflix and it was weird, interesting, and a bit awesome. It is odd to re-experience the writing/directing changes that the show went through over the course of its run. I was oblivious to the fact that other people were guiding my heroes when I watched it after school, but I could tell when things were weirder than "Eternian Normal" even back then.

I was in a library recently and stumbled upon a hardcover book that collects all of the mini-comics that came with the original figures. I didn't have time to check it out then but it made me really want to seek this out and re-experience that as the vibe was totally different and really cool.

I grew up in South Florida where my twin brother and I stumbled across He-Man, Man-At-Arms and Skeletor at our local Zayre's store. To a couple of 9 year olds, these figures were pretty mighty compared to everything else out there--and still are =). I had to have Skeletor for sure and dear mom ok'd He-Man for my bro. What was great, and I have to credit her for sparking our fandom and collecting habit, she said we would be back the following week for two more characters. We really played them up though and they didn't survive our furious playtime over the years. Just glad it never went away and now my kid has enjoyed them, as well. Great memories for sure and I look forward to feeding the never growing kid in me with more MOTU!

My attempt to create a realistic 1/6 battlecat
013.jpg
015.jpg
014.jpg

Cautiously optomistic. These two have been on display @ SDCC the past 2-3 years. I've been following this line/news for awhile, i'll get excited when i see a pre-order and estimated shipping quarter/year.

Back