Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my Battle Cat in the mail unexpectedly yesterday. Heavy box! Will be cracking the kitty open this weekend😁.

Attachments

• IMG_5046.jpeg
    IMG_5046.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Got mine yesterday and the head/neck area is a huge issue. For this price that could have easily been addressed and fixed. Now it's gonna be up to the community to find the easiest fix without ruining an otherwise awesome figure. 🤷‍♂️

Got mine yesterday and the head/neck area is a huge issue. For this price that could have easily been addressed and fixed. Now it's gonna be up to the community to find the easiest fix without ruining an otherwise awesome figure. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah, the engineering of the neck and I'll also say the back legs (can barely spread them apart) are the only flaws. Everything else about this thing is stunning. No regrets from me on purchasing, looking forward to the Sky Sled!

I only ever remember having battle armor He-Man and Skeletor w/ fuzzy Panthor. I never had Battle Cat, so this is going to be one grown ass man reliving his young childhood with epic battles!😅

Speaking of Panthor, I was wondering about whether Mondo’s future release of Skeletor’s mount will actually be flocked or not. I wonder which way they are leaning towards?
There are 2 versions that will be released. One flocked like the old figure in a limited released timing that doesn't Have articulated paws because of the flocking (and only 1 extra head), and one full blown with all the different heads like battlecat. Both are supposed to go up for sale in November this year.

I don't have a lot of experience with Mondo figures. Have their original Iron Giant, which looks great, but the quality is crap. It just is. A finger broke of and the feel of it (don't know how else to describe it) is just not that good. But it looks awesome dispalyed. I am on the verge of getting into this line. Is it worth it? I already ordered the battle cat and he-man. The Battle Cat just looks too good. I would love a Merman but before I pay ebay prices, are there figures crap? Or did Mondo up their quality?
I have Merman... he was the one that I did get of the early figures. Easily one of the most beautiful figs I own. I've only ever had him in a static pose.

I dove back in for Timed limited Skelly and SDCC Adam.

For the most part their Heman figs are solid minus a hiccup or two here and there... namely she ra and heman. But they were on top of the issue and sent out replacements quick.

You should feel fine grabbing Merman. Hope that this helps!

Yeah, the engineering of the neck and I'll also say the back legs (can barely spread them apart) are the only flaws. Everything else about this thing is stunning. No regrets from me on purchasing, looking forward to the Sky Sled!
Guess when I'm finally able to get one (I missed out on even knowing he was for sale) I'll be scanning him with my 3d scanner and then going in and slicing the back legs and re-engineering the image so I can reprint him with the back legs widespread. I'm thinking that I won't really move him once I get the pose right anyways and I will still need a DUPLI-CAT for Faker.

Pretty lame that for 500+ dollars you can't even pose him the way a wild cat normally attacks lol. Oy vey!

So I jumped back into Mondo Masters.

Got a deluxe (again) and 2 regulars He-Man, to display all 3 head sculpts and armors.

I probably want use the toy head permanently, but was curious what they all look like together.

379892792_6837772556290065_7048331069389347589_n.jpg

I'm going to have to pass on Beastman, sadly. No space and I'm sure since he's massive he will be pretty expensive.

I was prepared for much worse on the price actually. Space is still an issue for a figure that big but I can probably figure something out.

Back