Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, Keldor shipped already. I really appreciate Mondo’s approach of listing things to order once they are in stock. It is a nice change of pace to 2+ year pre-orders.

Keldor arrived yesterday, awesome fast turn around from Mondo.
Alcala skull head is yellow instead of the green of the exclusive.

The proportions are wonky. Again. I liked what I was seeing in the prototype and renderings - what happened? (Well, that and the price increase. Yikes.) Along with the typical MONDO 1/6 quality, and... this really isn't worth it for me. I'm a little sad, but I've still got my Classics version. :)

I think it looks great. I agree on the price though. I think they had hit the sweet spot with other figures at around $160. The figure is tempting but the price is off-putting.

I was locked in on getting Hordak, but $240 is ridiculous for what you?re getting. Pass.

Didn't even have time to consider if I was willing to pay the new exorbitant price, limited edition version is already sold out.

Hordak only one I really wanted. Missed out on exclusive. I feel like there is no point so passing on the regular sadly.

Hordak only one I really wanted. Missed out on exclusive. I feel like there is no point so passing on the regular sadly.

Costs as much as a Hot Toys figure and certainly won't look like one. I guess people are so starved for MOTU 1/6 that price is no object.

Or they're just one of the many hopefuls listing eBay auctions starting at $600.00. :ohbfrank:

I don't really care about "Hurricane" Hordak, so the exclusive isn't much of a miss for me. That being said, what's the deal with the price, yeesh. You got more with Mer-Man and Man-At-Arms for less. Plus Hordak's skirt armor has been shortened quite a bit from the proto, making him look like he's got long gangly legs. It's weird.

In the space of 8 regular release figures they have gone from $160 in 2018 to hitting $240 now. I can't recall another ongoing line spiking price wise to that degree in such a timeframe. Meanwhile the number of accessories included seems to be going backwards.

I really like the ones I have, as I have lots of love for the motu line way back in the day, but they were pushing it at the original prices. Now, even as a fan, I just don't think I'll be able to justify picking up any more of these.

I am willing to cut Mondo some slack regarding pricing. They are an American company producing products overseas (during a pandemic) in quantities most likely nowhere near the numbers that Sideshow, Hot Toys, and others are producing. I cannot wait to get Hordak in-hand.

Hoping we start seeing more weirdo villains like Beastman, Tri-Klops, Trap Jaw, and Stinkor.

Cashed in some Sideshow reward points and now have MAA, Merman and Faker. Since I am late to the line I missed out on He Man and Skeletor but I think I will just use my NECA statues as the centerpiece of my display. Never really cared about Scareglow but I did make sure to get Hordak on preorder.

Back