Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So does MONDO normally ship out their exclusive figures in nothing more than a flimsy cardboard mailer? I just received my Mer-Man, and what was excitement has turned into... well incredulity. (And a sinking feeling in my stomach reminiscent of dashed hopes.) I haven't got to the figure itself yet, but having this thing show up on my porch with holes punctured through it and into the box... I'm just appalled. I mean maybe $200.00 isn't a lot of money to some people, but it certainly is to me. I'd expect far more respect and care to be shown to customers buying a 'high-end', 'collectible' product. I feel like ordering from MONDO directly in the future is gamble I won't want to take.

You've really disappointed me MONDO. And I was so looking forward to more in this line. :gah:

Mondo's mailer boxes are complete garbage. They are probably about 1/4 the thickness of the standard Hot Toys mailer.
Sorry yours showed up in such bad shape :(

Mondo's mailer boxes are complete garbage. They are probably about 1/4 the thickness of the standard Hot Toys mailer.
Sorry yours showed up in such bad shape :(

No they are not 1/4 of the thickness at all. They are a touch thinner but that's about it.

Yes it sucks about your figure Joda but Sideshow ship their figures in just a brown shipper also.

No they are not 1/4 of the thickness at all. They are a touch thinner but that's about it.

Yes it sucks about your figure Joda but Sideshow ship their figures in just a brown shipper also.

:gah:

The figure looks okay at least? It's BBTS from here on out for me though. I find it strange that these collectible companies don't take more pride in their delivery to customers. Us collectors are a persnickety bunch. :lol (I can only imagine the horrors your packages get subjected to, Eamon.) Thank you both for chiming in.

:gah:

The figure looks okay at least? It's BBTS from here on out for me though. I find it strange that these collectible companies don't take more pride in their delivery to customers. Us collectors are a persnickety bunch. :lol (I can only imagine the horrors your packages get subjected to, Eamon.) Thank you both for chiming in.

Oh my box came with plenty of dings and dents but the box inside was fine as was the figure. We are also in the middle of a global crisis so shipments may be handled differently or with less care by fewer handlers. So I think you have to consider these factors.

I think we are pretty fortunate to be getting any deliveres all things considered.

Anyways, how cool is that Merman now you have him? :)

Oh my box came with plenty of dings and dents but the box inside was fine as was the figure. We are also in the middle of a global crisis so shipments may be handled differently or with less care by fewer handlers. So I think you have to consider these factors.

I think we are pretty fortunate to be getting any deliveres all things considered.

Anyways, how cool is that Merman now you have him? :)

Thanks Eamon. I'm not making light of the current world situation in any way (As a high-risk individual, believe me I'm not), I guess I'm just surprised at the standard of shipping a high-profile collectible company like MONDO uses. If nothing else, you'd think they'd to a better job of covering themselves to prevent needless replacements.

Regardless, I had to get this guy as soon as he went up for sale again because - who knows when we'll see the rest of MONDO's line roll out at this point? Mer-Man is currently still in his plastic prison, but I plan to break him out here over the next couple of days. Now just to get some fun reference photos for posing ideas... He definitely is the best figure released so far.

What can I say? I guess I've always been a fish-guy. :lol

I've been fortunate with all my boxes arriving from Mondo in good shape, but I have had a few figures with issues and Mondo's support has always come through for me with replacement parts or figures. This support (and their exclusives) is why I will always buy direct from them even if it costs me a little extra in the long term.

Joda - I would reach out to Mondo's support with pictures of the damage and see if they have any spare boxes available. Toy Anxiety tends to part out Mondo figures too, so you might want to reach out to them about a box. I don't think they usually sell the empty boxes on their site, but it is worth a try.

I had way too much fun taking these pics...

IMG_8656.jpgIMG_8661.jpgIMG_8669.jpgIMG_8671.jpgIMG_8685.jpgIMG_8683.jpg

Last edited:
I had way too much fun taking these pics...

View attachment 483997

View attachment 484000

View attachment 484003

View attachment 484008

View attachment 484026

View attachment 484027

I have no idea why one is rotated. It's not rotated on my phone nor was the photo rotated later. Weird.

For some reason I cannot see any of your pictures. I just got Mer-man (cancelled my Sideshow order and got it elsewhere). He is a great looking figure and posable for sure. However, I think some complained about the wrists swiveling and that is the case for the trident at least. I had to modify a pose in order to take that into consideration. I also can't use the crotch grabber right to use the swim feet so regular feet it is.

I was extremly happy to have gotten a huge check back from my power company and so I was able to not only jump on one...

...but on both He-Man & Skeletor and while they?re not at all perfect. They are just gorgeous and epic and I?m happy that I lighted up my detolfs, otherwise they wouldn?t have brought to honor.

94121231_2781327792103360_8897947587517087744_o.jpg

Honestly can?t wait for Man-At-Arms and Hordak.

Currently working on Skeletor's photoset in between doing videos, trying to keep the universe aspect alive:

DSC_0101_WIP Kopie.jpg

Eamon, didn?t you work on these?

Finally got around to doing a stand in Snake Mountain purple. I’ve got a Castle Grayskull green version almost finished.

987C10E8-1B08-47D1-AA3C-05A1F3478D3B.jpeg

EF48605C-4C00-44F9-8483-320AD87F02D6.jpeg

Potentially bad news for fans of this line. Brock Otterbacher, Mondo's creative director in charge of collectibles, has left the company. He posted this on the he-man.org forum yesterday.

"Hey my friends! Hope all is well with everything going on the in the world. Just a quick update on me- I'm no longer with Mondo (as of April, actually). I'm all good, and have new things I'm working on. No idea where the Mondo line is going at this point, but here's to hoping they continue the line! It was a blast to work on, and was an honor to put my thumbprints on these wonderful characters (if they continue with the line, my grimy prints will still be seen in several designs to come). It was also awesome chatting/debating/goofing on Ram-Man with all of you! You all are rad! Who knows- maybe we'll do it again in the future"

He seemed to be a pretty major force in getting this line out there, so I'm a little surprised that he couldn't say for sure whether it was continuing or not. I really hope Mondo keeps it going but that message sounded a little ominous.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Potentially bad news for fans of this line. Brock Otterbacher, Mondo's creative director in charge of collectibles, has left the company. He posted this on the he-man.org forum yesterday.

"Hey my friends! Hope all is well with everything going on the in the world. Just a quick update on me- I'm no longer with Mondo (as of April, actually). I'm all good, and have new things I'm working on. No idea where the Mondo line is going at this point, but here's to hoping they continue the line! It was a blast to work on, and was an honor to put my thumbprints on these wonderful characters (if they continue with the line, my grimy prints will still be seen in several designs to come). It was also awesome chatting/debating/goofing on Ram-Man with all of you! You all are rad! Who knows- maybe we'll do it again in the future"

He seemed to be a pretty major force in getting this line out there, so I'm a little surprised that he couldn't say for sure whether it was continuing or not. I really hope Mondo keeps it going but that message sounded a little ominous.

Well that sucks now doesn't it?!

I knew it wouldn't continue forever, but I really glad I didn't go all-in on the line now. (Which is probably a risky proposition with any company nowadays...) I got Mer-Man, and I'm thankful for that. :)

I would think and hope the line will continue under new managment if was making money. MAA is made and I had thought Hordak was at least in production. I have no insider knowledge so don't quote me on that.

Yeah, if nothing else I'd at least like to get Man-At-Arms.

I didn't expect the line to continue forever and only having five figures as opposed to 20 won't decrease my enjoyment of them. But it seemed like they had some really cool stuff planned (Battle Cat!) that I would have loved to have seen.

I would think and hope the line will continue under new managment if was making money. MAA is made and I had thought Hordak was at least in production. I have no insider knowledge so don't quote me on that.
MAA is made, like, ready to ship?

Back