Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For all of you that are interested

The Skeletor Hot Topic Exclusive - He’s up on their website - states online exclusive - but shows a picture of the regular figure.

I went ahead and ordered mine. Worst case scenario I can send it back if it’s the standard figure. I did attempt to contact Hot Topic over it and their customer service has no clue about what figure they are selling. I’ve also contacted customer service at Mondo to see if he had any knowledge if Hot Topic would be selling the standard Skeletor as well as the SDCC Hot Topic Exclusive Skeletor, which would clarify everything up. As soon as I hear back I’ll let you know what he tells me.

BTW - I have talked to friends that collect POP Vinyl figures and they said Hot Topic is famous for listing items as a Hot Topic Exclusive but showing standard catalogue pics of the regular version while indeed shipping out the Exclusive Painted or different version. So, I have a feeling this is the exact same thing we have going on here. The Skeletor is listed as an online exclusive in the description but shows a standard catalogue photo of the figure.

Take care ~ Jase

Screen grab below
26fc01be9dc3157ec127332a12c8f4ca.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So how do you know that this is the HT exclusive?
It doesn't mention the GID feature or anything like that.

See above - I added to my original post. I honestly don’t think HT knows what they are listing. I hope customer service at Mondo will clarify. I guess I’ll know for sure when he arrives. If he isn’t the Exclusive he will be going right back since I have the Mondo Exclusive figure with the key.

Got a reply back from Hot Topic - Philip with Customer Service.

He stated this figure comes with a sword on his back and he believes the other version comes with a staff in his hand. [emoji55]

Neither of those statements remotely answers any question I asked them.
Which shows me they have absolutely no clue about their online exclusive. Of course not everyone takes their toys and figures as seriously as us collectors do. However if you go to site and look at the online counter that 11 have already been purchased today. From what I understand the figure will only be available online through their website and not sold in the store? - but thankfully they have free returns if this doesn’t happen the be the Exclusive. Personally I rather jump on it early and be wrong and have to return it then miss out on it if it is the Exclusive considering the run is only 450 figures.

Maybe Shaithis77 can confirm if Hot Topic received both the standard and exclusive versions?

I just grabbed one cause it says there are only 9 in stock. Now reading I think I may have made a mistake. It looks like they carried he man and the turtles and all say online exclusive. May just mean it is not in stores. Not that it is the exclusive figure. Hope they take returns if I am wrong. Don't need 2 regular skeletors.

Also says only 12 were sold. With 8 left. Weren't there supposed to be 400 made?

Eh I cancelled. I think it is the regular. And if I am wrong they should be getting a whole lot more since only 20 were available to begin with.

If it is the exclusive, they may not have added the entire inventory to the website yet.

Unfortunately, we won;t know until someone gets it in hand or someone from Mondo is able to chime in.

It would say Hot Topic exclusive in the title but says online exclusive which would indicate it isn't sold in store - I'll wait

Yeah I agree. I was able to cancel within 30 min so I did. As I said, if I’m wrong I’ll have another opportunity. But all of the mondo figures and a bunch of t-shirts say online exclusive

Well I should get mine within the week and I will let everyone what version it actually is. I was at least told if I wasn’t 100% happy with my purchase I can start the refund process immediately online and use the return shipping label that’s included to send it back and get my $ back.

Not sure how many they put up - currently they are saying there is 4
left. That can’t be the 450 they made of this exclusive.

On another note, be careful with the power sword. My He-Man sword arrived broken where the handle connects to the hilt and it looks on the inside that there is a real thin brittle piece of plastic holding it all together. Luckily BBTS is sending me out a new one so hopefully it arrives safe.

Well I should get mine within the week and I will let everyone what version it actually is. I was at least told if I wasn’t 100% happy with my purchase I can start the refund process immediately online and use the return shipping label that’s included to send it back and get my $ back.

Not sure how many they put up - currently they are saying there is 4
left. That can’t be the 450 they made of this exclusive.

Sold out now. Seems odd they'd charge more for the regular version compared to Mondo's own site or even Sideshow and BBTS.

So I'd assume it's their exclusive version.

Sold out now. Seems odd they'd charge more for the regular version compared to Mondo's own site or even Sideshow and BBTS.

So I'd assume it's their exclusive version.

I hope it is. If it’s not it can go right back and I’ll have to wait and figure out when the other will go up. Sadly it seems like nobody there can answer a question about the SDCC exclusive. Except one has a sword on his back and the other has a staff in his hand....[emoji23][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back