Mondo 1/6 Scale He-man and The Masters of the Universe figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Toyark has some pics up of the SDCC display and Hordak looks rad as hell. Man-at-Arms is also great looking. They are really killing it on this line so far.
Also showing a Hot Topic exclusive Skeletor that looks to have glow-in-the-dark parts like the face and ram skull on his staff - which is really silly but also kind of awesome and I want it.

Personally I was just relieved that I prefer the regular Skeletor release (which I, literally, just bought before the variant was revealed), because these are too pricey for me to really get drawn into playing the variant game. :lol

That said, if they want to try an exclusive He-Man with a different head sculpt, I'm watching... :wink1:

I'll be sure to do a side by side in the review which I hope that will help folks. Should be early next week. Not much point in doing it now with all the SDCC excitement. :)

Although it's great seeing all these upcoming pieces, it's also a shame that all this excitement has taken away from the release of the original Skeletor.
I finally opened mine up last night, and it's a great figure. I love all the options he comes with, the paint work (on mine, anyway) is great. There are a couple paint touches here or there if you get real macro to notice, but mine is almost perfect. I really love it. The biggest issue for me is the Havoc Staff. It's very detailed, very well painted... but the head of the staff is also VERY heavy. It's so heavy that when I have him holding it, not only does it pull the arm downwards, but it's even hard to balance the figure, as the figure itself always wants to tilt/fall towards the staff.... going to have to come up with some solution... but I love it!!!

Pardon the crappy cell phone pics...

SkeletorToyhead.jpg
SkeletorHavocStaff.jpg
Skeletor2.jpg
Skeletor3.jpg
Skeletor4.jpg
And with the cape...
Skeletor5.jpg

Thanks I like the looks of this Skeletor's face.

Yeah, I really like that effect on the skull. I decided to order the regular Skeletor, but I may try rubbing some graphite powder into the skull crevices to mimic the effect that the exclusive has.

Any chance of us European fans getting the Hot Topic Skeletor? (Apart from the secondary market of course)

You can order from Hot Topic. I already have in the past.

Just did a test order on their site for one of the Mondo Turtles. Shipping quote to Luxembourg was 100 dollars. Basically the same price as the figure. Not really a realistic option. I would usually expect to pay about 20% of the product value as a shipping cost from the U.S.

But thanks for suggestion anyway.

Although it's great seeing all these upcoming pieces, it's also a shame that all this excitement has taken away from the release of the original Skeletor.
I finally opened mine up last night, and it's a great figure. I love all the options he comes with, the paint work (on mine, anyway) is great. There are a couple paint touches here or there if you get real macro to notice, but mine is almost perfect. I really love it. The biggest issue for me is the Havoc Staff. It's very detailed, very well painted... but the head of the staff is also VERY heavy. It's so heavy that when I have him holding it, not only does it pull the arm downwards, but it's even hard to balance the figure, as the figure itself always wants to tilt/fall towards the staff.... going to have to come up with some solution... but I love it!!!

Pardon the crappy cell phone pics...

Yes, I agree with your assessment of the figure 100%. The Havoc staff is way too heavy for the wrists. Mine always flips around and crashes into stuff. I like the modern-looking headsculpt, but man, that Alcala sculpt is by far the best. It sucks that I got the regular He-Man figure and missed out. Right now, I’m displaying my Skeletor and He-Man with the Vintage styled sculpts as I’m hoping to one day get some better realistic sculpts. My dream would be to have a 1/6 scaled Oo-Lar sculpt like the Super7 one and an Alcala Skeletor head. Oh and I ditched the skirt and belt on He-Man as soon as I got mine.

The other figures in the line are looking great, I’m really glad Mondo had such a great showing this year. Hopefully, there won’t be many setbacks moving forward.

Am I the only one dying for a Trap Jaw??? He was my favorite bad guy.

Back