MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Mikey in today. He looks great when matched up with the rest of the team. As an individual figure the build/material quality of Mikey doesn't seem on par with Donny and especially Leo. Which to me is surprising because I was expecting the quality to improve and refine as each turtle came out.

Up close he looks a bit more like a cheaper made toy than the others but I'm still happy to have him. Looking forward to completing the set soon.

2ff324e7d171c6be5d24b9de9520bf3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The paint wash on his front shell is atrocious. I, too, thought quality would get better for these. The mousers look great though.

I picked up Mike last week as well. Although the quality isn't up to par with other 1/6 $150 figs, I'm still very happy with all of them so far. My interest in TMNT started with the original comics, and I was never a fan of the cartoons, or movies. So as amazing as the NECA figures are, or even the DreamEx, in my opinion the design of these figures can't be beat! That said, the quality is a concern if they really start/release a Masters of the Universe line... Can't wait for Raph!!!

I picked up Mike last week as well. Although the quality isn't up to par with other 1/6 $150 figs, I'm still very happy with all of them so far. My interest in TMNT started with the original comics, and I was never a fan of the cartoons, or movies. So as amazing as the NECA figures are, or even the DreamEx, in my opinion the design of these figures can't be beat! That said, the quality is a concern if they really start/release a Masters of the Universe line... Can't wait for Raph!!!

Did you ever like the original Neca releases? Those were my favs.

I gotta say, having read on the technodrome that Mondo are offering full refunds I'm actually tempted. Feeling a little work out waiting to complete the team, and having had Mikey for awhile he just feels abit more toy like to me. Alot of money that could be used for things I Currently want more.

I gotta say, having read on the technodrome that Mondo are offering full refunds I'm actually tempted. Feeling a little work out waiting to complete the team, and having had Mikey for awhile he just feels abit more toy like to me. Alot of money that could be used for things I Currently want more.

while i like how they look together i can't help but agree. wish i had ordered from mondo rather than half there and half through sideshow. c'est la vie

Nah, I'm good

Not had chance to open my Mikey yet but can anyone confirm is the head on it made or rubber rather than plastic???

Just saw something on another forum that's making me think so.

Not had chance to open my Mikey yet but can anyone confirm is the head on it made or rubber rather than plastic???

Just saw something on another forum that's making me think so.

Yes the head is a dense hard rubber.
Mikey's nunchucks, and belt are also rubber.

Raph is expected to arrive this week apparently according to Mondo CS.

I'm going to wait for Raph to get here but I'm leaning towards the refund in the end. To many little things that add up to being annoying and taking the joy out of these. Tried a few new poses on Mikey a few days ago and he is pretty frustrating to pose.

Overall I'm happy with mine.

No serious issues with Leo. Do wish the tightness of the joints was more consistent, he can hold a pose no problem. The hard plastic belt can be fragile.

Donatello came with a manufacturing defect (glue spot on the back of the red bandanna head) Mondo sent a replacement. The Bo staff holder on the back of his belt came off as soon as i touched it. I cleaned the paint off the attachment area and re-glued it. That's what happens when you glue a painted part to another painted part, it pulls the paint off. Donatello's belt was changed to rubber from Leo's hard plastic, I hope it holds up over time.

Michelangelo I have no issues with. I Hope the rubber parts hold up over time, I'm not as concerned with the head as I am the belt. My Mikey was missing the bandanna tail on the orange head scuplt. Mondo is sending me a replacement head. I have no issues posing my Mikey.

I also think the line is done after raph, but...Rumor is Mondo is still planing to continue the line.

This line went from exciting to annoying. I'm cool with my figs but they were definitely overpriced for what the final product ended up being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back