MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really hope Mondo end up upping their game, right now they look too much like action figures to me compared to the DreamEx stuff. I feel like having tailored belts versus molded make a huge difference. I may need to cancel my Mondo POs . . .

I think it comes down to what version of the Turtles you prefer. Mondo's version looks more like the original comic to me, DreamEX looks more like a mix of alot of different versions. Even though I would prefer mix media I still like the look of the Mondo Turtles more.

But I hope Mondo impresses us at SDCC. I won't be able to buy both lines. Although I might go for DreamEX Krang, don't see Mondo making that.

The Mondo Turtles are really great for what they are, at least to me. The TMNT cartoon and toys got me hooked as a kid but I quickly became fond of the original, gritty Mirage versions. Mondo fits the bill for that look and feel and the accessories are right out of the comics. The regular versions are available at a discount putting them in the $130-140 price range for me with shipping. So far the DreamEx Leo is too much of a hodgepodge to interest me. If they come out with a good quality mixed media production piece then I can definitely see the value to 1/6 collectors, but I'm betting MSRP will be north of $200. The price difference between that and Mondo is pretty significant. I'm just glad that the license has become more readily available to so many companies and collectors now have their choice of great products. For years there was almost nothing outside of the short run of NECA figures and Sideshow Comiquettes.

The Mirage turtles are the best version of them to me. That's why Mondo has got my money and loyalty right now.

I agree about the license being so open lately. It is a great time to be a fan as there are sooo many options to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope Mondo end up upping their game, right now they look too much like action figures to me compared to the DreamEx stuff. I feel like having tailored belts versus molded make a huge difference. I may need to cancel my Mondo POs . . .

agreed. tailored belts, sheaths for leo wrapped in fabric, fabric bandanas and elbow/knee pads on the mondos would make them alot better, said it for awhile now but they look like up scaled neca vers that should be sold for 80-90 bucks at rus not 1/6 high end figures to me. why they didnt go that route is a complete "wtf are you thinkin?!" IMO.

I think I might be in the minority here but I'm not the biggest fan of soft goods on figures. I'm totally ok with Mondo going all plastic with the turtles.

I especially find that even though the clothing is small the stitching is still pretty big making it look weird to me. It's like wearing a t-shirt that has 1 inch stitches along the seams, very disproportionate.

Just remember, this with fabric are dolls. Those that are plastic, are action figures. At least, thats what many say here lol

I really like the Mondo look and know the name brand is quality. I may end up getting both lines of tmnt

The Mirage turtles are the best version of them to me. That's why Mondo has got my money and loyalty right now.

I agree about the license being so open lately. It is a great time to be a fan as there are sooo many options to choose from.

agree with the mirage turtles opinion, why I bought this line
The 1/4 neca movie turtles look great too

I really like both and will probably go for a set of each if I can swing it. I am curious to see how Dreamex handles the mousers. I wonder if they would do pack ins or a separate set like mondo.

agree with the mirage turtles opinion, why I bought this line
The 1/4 neca movie turtles look great too

The Neca ones look great but that scale is just too big. I have a lot to display as it is. If only I had a giant house to showcase it all! 1/6 scale is already pushing it for me but I couldn't say no to OG comic Turtles.

I've invested in Mondo so hopefully the quality is on point and they continue the line with more characters.

I prefer all plastic, too. I'm not convinced that the fabric, rubber, etc will hold up over time.

I prefer all plastic, too. I'm not convinced that the fabric, rubber, etc will hold up over time.

Excited! Hope we get some nice reveals!

7b9e92435286649c2c5498da1020a9a5.jpg

Leo and Don are on display with the Mousers. Stop teasing Mondo and show some new figures! :lol
a15fc6a093d444dccb5d4558a6e517b1.jpg

Back