MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We announced a lot of this in our initial release, and even showed a preview sketch! It's gonna be awesome.

Nice to hear it will be similar to HT and SS packaging.

So box art by Jason Edmiston - Artist. Sounds promising.

I have the ED 209 artwork by Edmiston. Love his stuff. This poster was used for the Neca box art.

image.jpg

That print is dope as hell. Very jealous. You get that framed?

Not yet, I have so many prints to frame its ridiculous. And it's so damn expensive to get it done.

I can't wait to see what Jason Edmiston does for the sub print. It could go in so many directions. I wonder if we'll get a sneak peek or if they're gonna keep it under wraps until people start recieving them. I actually like the idea of the latter. Adds to the excitement.

Not yet, I have so many prints to frame its ridiculous. And it's so damn expensive to get it done.

I can't wait to see what Jason Edmiston does for the sub print. It could go in so many directions. I wonder if we'll get a sneak peek or if they're gonna keep it under wraps until people start recieving them. I actually like the idea of the latter. Adds to the excitement.

My prints are still in the shipping tubes. Waiting for an eventual man cave to display them.

Looks great - specially for a fan of the old comics.

but, I don't like to support Mondo's straight to Ebay scalper business model. I hate how they put up prints on facebook in the middle of the day and then there are 30 on ebay in a second.

My prints are still in the shipping tubes. Waiting for an eventual man cave to display them.

Don't quote me on this but I've read from several posts on expressobeans that keeping your art prints in the tubes is a bad idea. I can't remember why but it's best to take them out of the tubes and store them in a portfolio. I don't have one yet sadly.

Maybe our resident Mondo Ninja can chime in.

but, I don't like to support Mondo's straight to Ebay scalper business model. I hate how they put up prints on facebook in the middle of the day and then there are 30 on ebay in a second.

Still that's the reality of releasing Limited editions. Some will go to scalpers and end up on eBay, and prices will inflate since they are rare and people want them.

I had to admit it annoyed me to have to be alert all day when waiting for the Turtles to go up on P.O. But I can only imagine the caos on their site if they actually did announce the time they would go up.

And the ED 209 and Evil Dead 2 prints look great! Look forward to seeing the boxes.

I always noticed that it was pretty rare for Mondo to release anything outside of a certain window. They always put "at a random time on this day" but pretty much 9 times out of 10, they released it between 9:40 and 10am mountain time. If you scroll through their Twitter feed, almost every single drop falls in that time frame. Even the ninja turtles was close with it dropping at 10:20am.

The only problem I ever had with mondo drops was their old site. A drop would happen and then it would run like molasses. Prints would sell out before I could make it all the way through. Now with their new site, I've been 2 for 2. If something sells out before I can get it, **** happens. No use moping over it.

And I mean lets be honest here. There are scalpers EVERYWHERE. No medium is without them. Concert tickets, posters, even things like steelbook blu rays. I remember when the green lantern sinestro went up for sale, there were like 5 immediately on eBay. If people can make money off something, they will. And it's not like mondo can really do anything about it.

Posting a random message on fb in the middle of the day isn't trying very hard haha.

They could set up a more structured Pre-order option and limit one per person. Idk. I've dealt with this in collectibles before, but they are pretty egregious.

Don't quote me on this but I've read from several posts on expressobeans that keeping your art prints in the tubes is a bad idea. I can't remember why but it's best to take them out of the tubes and store them in a portfolio. I don't have one yet sadly.

Maybe our resident Mondo Ninja can chime in.

Thanks for the info...I'll look into it.

Those are prototypes, so basically painted resin, and very fragile. The pin hole joints will most likely not be present in the final figures.

(I say "most likely", as there may be an unforeseen production reason to keep a few. But I'm aiming for none)

Back