MONACO diorama w/ electric WHIPLASH WHIPS! official thread. get on the LIST.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I hear ya.
But something like a tire or spoiler, right?

yeah definatly, i think the tire would look awesome, but there arent any in the scene, do people care? can i just make it look as bad as$ as possible? or what?

got some more pics for you guys, couldnt help but turn all the lights on and repose a little today when i should have been drawing.

here is a good shot showing how much space it takes up, i dont think its too severe.
198999_10150531409675386_567270385_17877865_1436510_n.jpg

206868_10150544224190386_567270385_17925707_1311287_n.jpg

215123_10150544224335386_567270385_17925709_6226742_n.jpg

208563_10150544224490386_567270385_17925712_935166_n.jpg

215056_10150544224645386_567270385_17925715_4742032_n.jpg

215446_10150544224810386_567270385_17925718_3900765_n.jpg

215740_10150544224955386_567270385_17925721_5034974_n.jpg

cant wait for the MARK V.

Wow! Impressive display for sure!
I also recognize all the MOTUC on the top shelf. :clap

So, that right there is 17" width and 20" length, correct?
How tall do you anticipate it to be with the audience behind the guardrail?

Wow! Impressive display for sure!
I also recognize all the MOTUC on the top shelf. :clap

So, that right there is 17" width and 20" length, correct?
How tall do you anticipate it to be with the audience behind the guardrail?

yeah its 17 out from the wall, and 19-20 across. it wont be taller than the fencing, the crowd will just be behind the fence.

and if you collect motuc, ive got just the diorama for you, hint hint. you post on the matty FB?

yeah im a big poser, was born in 86, and just got into all these guys now. so i ahve almost no nostalgia for it, i was a TMNT kid.

yeah its 17 out from the wall, and 19-20 across. it wont be taller than the fencing, the crowd will just be behind the fence.

and if you collect motuc, ive got just the diorama for you, hint hint. you post on the matty FB?

17 wide x 19-20 long x ? height? Sorry if I missed it.

Another question I have for you Bishart is in regards to the posing you have on this dio. Since I currently have no Hot Toys figures I don't understand how they don't fall over on display without a proper base. How do they stay put?

17 wide x 19-20 long x ? height? Sorry if I missed it.

Another question I have for you Bishart is in regards to the posing you have on this dio. Since I currently have no Hot Toys figures I don't understand how they don't fall over on display without a proper base. How do they stay put?

its 20 inches from the left side to the right side, and 17 inches from the back to the front, the height is over a foot. i havent mentioned it, to the top of the fence.

i never use stands for any of my hot toys, they all stand pretty well, ive never had any fall over, just gotta pose them good. youre in for a big treat man once they start coming in! theya re the best thing ever, ive only been collecting a few months and i have almost 24. its a snowballing hobby youll never feel good about haha

Hot Toys figures can be made to stand without their bases.
Most of them come with stiff enough ankles, knees, and hips that they can hold a position.

The key is to pose them in a way where they still retain their center of gravity within the center of the figure.

Your posing options are more limited, of course, but you don't get that eye-sore of a stand.

its 20 inches from the left side to the right side, and 17 inches from the back to the front, the height is over a foot. i havent mentioned it, to the top of the fence.

i never use stands for any of my hot toys, they all stand pretty well, ive never had any fall over, just gotta pose them good. youre in for a big treat man once they start coming in! theya re the best thing ever, ive only been collecting a few months and i have almost 24. its a snowballing hobby youll never feel good about haha

Ty for the clarification.

24 already?! Haha good for you! :hi5:

I've told myself that I'm limiting my scope to Iron Man pieces initially since they are being produced currently and somewhat available. :lol

youre in for a big treat man once they start coming in! theya re the best thing ever, ive only been collecting a few months and i have almost 24. its a snowballing hobby youll never feel good about haha
Agreed.
Sometimes I wish I never discovered Hot Toys. :)

i tried limiting, it was just iron man, and then batman, and then now its predators, and now tron, and custom killzones, and half life, i wont be doing terminator or anyting like that... im pretty specific about my displays, so i wont just get a little of everything.

but when i began, i started with iron man and war machine, and told myself i wouldnt be getting any figure with cothing, because then its a doll.. well now im a doll collector, starting with mech test, then 2 face, and then everyone. haha.

i tried limiting, it was just iron man, and then batman, and then now its predators, and now tron, and custom killzones, and half life, i wont be doing terminator or anyting like that... im pretty specific about my displays, so i wont just get a little of everything.

but when i began, i started with iron man and war machine, and told myself i wouldnt be getting any figure with cothing, because then its a doll.. well now im a doll collector, starting with mech test, then 2 face, and then everyone. haha.

Wow that's my worst fears come true :lol

Actually, good for you. You only live once and if you can afford to collect like that then more power to you. I definitely can't go that berserk, and I don't have room to display a vast collection like that...................I think. ;)

Actually, good for you. You only live once and if you can afford to collect like that then more power to you. I definitely can't go that berserk, and I don't have room to display a vast collection like that...................I think. ;)

this is how it begins. its ok. hot toys are amazing, i love them all and once the moneys gone, you forget what it cost and youre just happy to have it. they all g up in value too, so you can convince youself knowing that if worst came to worst you could at least egt your money back.

If you stick around here in these forums, finding room to display your figures will become a big problem. :lol

If you stick around here in these forums, finding room to display your figures will become a big problem. :lol

:lol:lol:lol I've come up with a strategy mentally as for what I want and where I'd put it, but I'm fully aware that this will have no chance of actually happening in reality.

@ BISHART - :exactly: Good to know their value appreciates over time

ive got about 24 14 inch by 14 in glass cubes on the way. going to have an awesome display.

Back