Momtoys 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:lol:lol:lol

Sometimes people can't see the obvious even if it's as obvious as it gets.

:lol

Some people don't own Arnie Terminator figs or have spent more than 5 seconds viewing images of said figures, so what's obvious to you may not be to others.

Looks like they specialize in bootleg and/or recasts. Not something we want to encourage or patronize here.

post-40523-30-rock-shut-it-down-gif-Imgur-WnXZ.gif

From what I could discover via Google:

- Kit containing headsculpt, real leather outfit, boots and t-shirt designed to fit a Hot Toys TTM20
- Real metal grenade launcher
- Bandolier, with turned metal grenades
- Headsculpt looks to combine all the best bits and none of the bad bits of the various Hot Toys sculpts
- Grenade launcher looks amazing
- $100

If this is what the final product looks like, any desire I had for the Hot Toys DX10 may have just been terminated. Anyone have any first-hand experience with this company? I want to know if I should be ordering this and a TTM20 right now.

Are you 100% sure it's Real Leather not those cheap pleather? I have bad experience with China 3rd party pleather jackets. They start cracking in less than 6 months.

DX10 for $100! Now that's more like it!

But I can't buy it. Recast poopoo. Dammit.

Yeah that's more reasonably priced to match the quality. If Sideshow and Hot Toys priced their figures to actually match their quality, people wouldn't need to buy an affordable recast/knockoff/bootleg

Well it's also a useless OP without pics. Should always post images if you want a worthwhile discussion of their work. I am not going to google a word like momtoys on a work computer

i tried googling with safeseach off, well only the last picture in the 1st page showed some indecency.

Are you 100% sure it's Real Leather not those cheap pleather? I have bad experience with China 3rd party pleather jackets. They start cracking in less than 6 months.

That's what I'd really like to know, because I want that jacket for something. It's being advertised as a real leather outfit but I honestly have no idea if it is or not.

Where ever you found that, it's incorrect, it's straight up recasted from Hot Toys MMS 117
PBV4Qrd.jpg

No one should be purchasing these products as they are all recasted goods.

Vote with your wallets and tell these companies to come up with their own unique new offerings instead of recasting other companies' work.

They are just here to fill in the gap for those that has missed the boat and not able to afford market price. If demands on these is so high, HT should have capitalized this opportunity and produce more of them, instead of limiting the production in hope that it can boost the demand for their future products. If they'd just release more i'm sure Momtoys will be out of business before they even started.

Now i'm hoping they can do some Enterbay Figures as EB really has some issues with their QC.

That's what I'd really like to know, because I want that jacket for something. It's being advertised as a real leather outfit but I honestly have no idea if it is or not.

how bout you shoot Momtoys an email asking whether it's GENUINE REAL LEATHER. i mean if it is it would be good as a backup should the HT pleather starts cracking.

BTW i just searched the Godfather kit you guys are talking about, but seriously $130 for all that is crazy, they didn't even include the hands & watch, i think it's way overpriced.

They are just here to fill in the gap for those that has missed the boat and not able to afford market price. If demands on these is so high, HT should have capitalized this opportunity and produce more of them, instead of limiting the production in hope that it can boost the demand for their future products.

Don't come in here with that ********. Hot Toys has made 3 different T2 T-800s, if someone missed out on all three, they have bigger problems than can be cured by buying a recast set.

BTW i just searched the Godfather kit you guys are talking about, but seriously $130 for all that is crazy, they didn't even include the hands & watch, i think it's way overpriced.

The Hot Toys version is $1000+. Less than $200 for a good quality Don Vito Corolone is very reasonable to me.

The Hot Toys version is $1000+. Less than $200 for a good quality Don Vito Corolone is very reasonable to me.

you don't wanna go down that Price is relative type of path, people like you is the reason why HT is charging $100 extra for their figures compared to few years back. Since A is selling for $300, it's reasonable for B to sell theirs at $200 which is relatively cheap.

$130 for what you get is not worth it. they don't even bother giving you the ring hand. You might say it's worth because they threw in the chair, but don't forget for the price they are charging for the chair you can get a 1:1 swivel chair.

Don't come in here with that ********. Hot Toys has made 3 different T2 T-800s, if someone missed out on all three, they have bigger problems than can be cured by buying a recast set.

there's always new comers everyday just like newborn babies being delivered every day. If Momtoys can sell large amount of their recasts that means there's still a big demand for T-800. Don't give me the HT factories has schedules thing if small companies like Momtoys can get a factory to produce theirs with decent quality i'm sure HT can.

anyway from what i see here many people buying these set to upgrade their official Hot Toys T-800, which is ironic.

and for me i did purchase a recast Enterbay Jordan sculpt and use it on my official EB Jordan, because the quality is that good that it looks just like the real thing.

well apart from issues from license holder of Godfather, is there any reason for HT not to reproduce more of them? Do they simply discard their molds after finishing the production run? i mean CD/book companies pretty much reprint their CDs & Books every now and then to meet market demands. i don't think it's any difficult for China factories to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back