Momtoys 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

showboat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have seen some different Momtoys 1/6 products around and they look quite good. They do a 1/6 Godfather (full set), a T2 Arnold(full set) and some other bits and bobs including a King Leonidas headsculpt which looks quite good.
Does anyone know anything about this company and are they going to do the rest of King Leonidas?

Aren't momtoys usually in a bedroom drawer somewhere?

:lol:rotfl

mama-like.gif

From what I could discover via Google:

- Kit containing headsculpt, real leather outfit, boots and t-shirt designed to fit a Hot Toys TTM20
- Real metal grenade launcher
- Bandolier, with turned metal grenades
- Headsculpt looks to combine all the best bits and none of the bad bits of the various Hot Toys sculpts
- Grenade launcher looks amazing
- $100

002.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

If this is what the final product looks like, any desire I had for the Hot Toys DX10 may have just been terminated. Anyone have any first-hand experience with this company? I want to know if I should be ordering this and a TTM20 right now.

- Headsculpt looks to combine all the best bits and none of the bad bits of the various Hot Toys sculpts.

Where ever you found that, it's incorrect, it's straight up recasted from Hot Toys MMS 117
PBV4Qrd.jpg

No one should be purchasing these products as they are all recasted goods.

Vote with your wallets and tell these companies to come up with their own unique new offerings instead of recasting other companies' work.

Where ever you found that, it's incorrect, it's straight up recasted from Hot Toys MMS 117

No one should be purchasing these products as they are all recasted goods.

Vote with your wallets and tell these companies to come up with their own unique new offerings instead of recasting other companies' work.

Are you 100% on that? Maybe it's just the way it's photographed, but the eyes don't look as far apart as on the final production version of the MMS117 head.

If so, well that sucks :(

Are you 100% on that? Maybe it's just the way it's photographed, but the eyes don't look as far apart as on the final production version of the MMS117 head.

Yes, I am 100% sure it's a recast.

This offering is certainly not something unique. Everything MOMTOYS is doing/offering is recasted from Hot Toys sold out, high priced items. Godfather and Leonidas are the two remaining Hot Toys figures that are fetching crazy prices on eBay. MOMTOYS probably just purchased one and is now duplicating it.

Yes, I am 100% sure it's a recast.

This offering is certainly not something unique. Everything MOMTOYS is doing/offering is recasted from Hot Toys sold out, high priced items. Godfather and Leonidas are the two remaining Hot Toys figures that are fetching crazy prices on eBay. MOMTOYS probably just purchased one and is now duplicating it.

Welp. Looking at it I suppose they must have chosen the most flattering angles to hide the issues with the 117 sculpt.

Still tempted by the outfit and grenade launcher, though.

I have The Godfather kit and it's well done. I'm sure its a step below the actual Hot Toys release but that figure is $1000 now so the MomToys version will have to do.

Just Seen this. Looks like they are going after Enterbay now. Whats next? a 1/4 T2 HD Masterpiece Clean Version Arnold?

bean.JPG

I should of expected these type of answers.:slap

I didn't give you a serious answer because a) how can you really be expected to take a company that decides to call itself MOMTOYS seriously and b) it's all clearly recast and copies of work done by other companies and artists. I am strongly against such things, even if it might not seem like a big deal. If it doesn't bother you, it should. Just sayin. :wave

Well it's also a useless OP without pics. Should always post images if you want a worthwhile discussion of their work. I am not going to google a word like momtoys on a work computer

I didn't give you a serious answer because a) how can you really be expected to take a company that decides to call itself MOMTOYS seriously and b) it's all clearly recast and copies of work done by other companies and artists. I am strongly against such things, even if it might not seem like a big deal. If it doesn't bother you, it should. Just sayin. :wave

Putting aside any moral scruples about recast heads, how are the outfits and accessories? If indeed that T2 'Future Warrior' outfit is real leather, I wouldn't mind it for the jacket alone. That and the grenade launcher looks really nice.

I'm not certain these are recasts. It's not uncommon for chinese factories to work in ways a little different than we are used to. The ROTJ Luke Skywalker head that is available on Ebay is a knock-off of the Hot Toys DX07 head with a different wig. Holding it in hand it is exactly the same as the HT head. It even has the PERS eyes, only the eyes are possible to turn separately, but that is probably since it is another hairpiece the magnets and the stick for controlling the PERS wouldn't fit.

I haven't taken down my DX07 figures from their perch to compare from a few centimeters but at 50-60cm distance it looks exactly the same, not a good copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back