Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

We should take bets as to whether or not we have officially heard the last of Molecule 8. I am trying to decide if when January 31st rolls around they will simply post a short message saying "we have hit delay in making John perfect. John will be ready for you in February. We are sure you understand that we need to make sure John is ready and John will be worth the wait." Or if we will simply never hear from them again. Either outcome is equally likely...as opposed to a figure shipping in January which is 100% not likely.
I know a vendor who said they are their OEM. But of course, never say never, anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Seems like the January date is already history!!

32351ed55e38fced0bc29fd060782add.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was hopeful long, long ago. Sooo glad my money stayed in my pocket. Wanted this company to succeed. In my rearview now.

Skeleton looks alright at first glance, but the hands are still missing and the elbows and knees only articulate at one point. Range of motion looks fine but it'll be much less natural without a separate kneecap and elbow piece. And it's clearly not CNC machined.

The bus pic is an add from Seven, which is a retail store in Hong Kong that specializes in non-HT and EB figures. Exclusive distributor of DID and Pangea.

I order my threezero, blitzway, star ace's from them, oddly they don't carry Storm Toys. They are also the main distributor for Molecule8 in HK and who I ordered from.

So its Seven that's promoting their booth on the bus for Toy Soul 2017 (a toy exhibition - 2nd biggest for 1/6 figures after Ani-Con). Not part of M8's marketing. Just a coincidence they choose to market their company with the Lennon figure opposed to something else.

https://www.seventoys.alphac-group.com/

Radio silence from M8 for over a month. I already figured out the next delay.

n80_third.gif

"We want to make sure our figures are 100% perfect before they leave the factory, so we are adding real teeth at no extra charge to you. This however will delay the figures release until February....2019"

Well the January date is almost upon us.... Moment of truth if they push this back after January then I can get a refund on my deposit!
My theory is another BS date but we'll see. :lecture

Back