Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

Such hate in this thread its like the ooze from Ghostbusters 2! It's not the first time people have waited forever for a release, HulkBuster anyone? Lots of Custom threads start with prototypes and 6-12 months later you might get a finished product. Quit drinking all the Hateraide especially if you haven't put your money where your mouth is suckers! I been in this game for 20 years and have over 200,000.00 worth of figures, listen to me and I believe in M*>

Con men don't waste money on further development of further projects. There are strange things going on but calling them cons is a bit much. They even announced hiring KA Kim to work on the tick. She is not cheap and if this was a con they would not invest time and effort in that. Anyone who spent money can get it back from PayPal...so what exactly is the con here?

I think they are struggling with overly ambitious intentions and nothing more. They will deliver on what was promised in time....just not the time they were hoping. At this point spend money on them or don't....sitting here calling them criminals does nothing for anyone.

so i just call them liar, not criminals yet. :lol

Such hate in this thread its like the ooze from Ghostbusters 2! It's not the first time people have waited forever for a release, HulkBuster anyone? Lots of Custom threads start with prototypes and 6-12 months later you might get a finished product. Quit drinking all the Hateraide especially if you haven't put your money where your mouth is suckers! I been in this game for 20 years and have over 200,000.00 worth of figures, listen to me and I believe in M*>

Waiting is part of the game but then they need to be honest and admit that the May time line was never going to happen in the first place. They are the new company here trying to get customers, it's up to them to convince people.

so i just call them liar, not criminals yet. :lol

What have they lied about? They missed the deadline and are tossing additional accessories in. To me that means they are trying to make good on delays.

I personally think these things won't ship for months. If there is anything they are guilty of, it is of being too optimistic.

What have they lied about? They missed the deadline and are tossing additional accessories in. To me that means they are trying to make good on delays.

I personally think these things won't ship for months. If there is anything they are guilty of, it is of being too optimistic.

then what's the reason you think this is just people being too optimistic about the release date?

Waiting is part of the game but then they need to be honest and admit that the May time line was never going to happen in the first place. They are the new company here trying to get customers, it's up to them to convince people.

Most people with enough knowledge about the hobby knew it wasn't shipping anywhere near on schedule

Most people with enough knowledge about the hobby knew it wasn't shipping anywhere near on schedule

It's not even in production yet, why would they say May then even when they knew it wasn't feasible?

Exactly!

Con men don't waste money on further development of further projects. There are strange things going on but calling them cons is a bit much. They even announced hiring KA Kim to work on the tick. She is not cheap and if this was a con they would not invest time and effort in that. Anyone who spent money can get it back from PayPal...so what exactly is the con here?

I think they are struggling with overly ambitious intentions and nothing more. They will deliver on what was promised in time....just not the time they were hoping. At this point spend money on them or don't....sitting here calling them criminals does nothing for anyone.

I said con men because I thought it was a little nicer than saying "liar" which is what I truly intended to say...they may in fact still deliver the figure which I have SAFELY preordered through BBTS...hope they do...fact remains they claimed repeatedly it was shipping in May, then when May Slipped away they claimed that the reason it was not shipping in May was to allow more retailers to get on board...this was a lie...anyone is welcome to have as much fealty to this company as they want...but a lie is a lie...sure hope these liars can get me an amazing Lennon figure next year and a Taxi Driver figure shortly after though!

New company gonna New company :dunno

That's not an excuse. They should have done some market research to see the time limitshe on these things. May and June have come and gone and they're still making revisions. They won't even show the headsculpt again because it's probably waiting on approval. Will this figure make it to the hands of consumers? Hopefully so but all signs are pointing to it being a very long time.

Yeah, I think that's the only real issue I have so far--they are making ridiculous promises, without any real reason to expect that they can be met. And on top of that, they are taking direct payments through their site, which coupled with these promises can be really misleading to potential collectors who are used to dealing with, say, a Hot Toys or Sideshow. In the case of those companies, dates may be off, but usually not by too much, and the most you're usually out is an NRD. Lakhota mentioned custom figures, and this has a lot of parallels to that process, except of course that these are licensed and on a much larger scale (supposedly). But in the custom world, buyers have to learn to take care, because sometimes custom entrepreneurs get in way over their heads and end up leaving folks holding the bag. A current one that seems to be doing that is Origami, but we've seen many examples in the past, even high profile ones like Serang.

It's indeed shady to be blunt. Mostly because they are taking direct payments based off no photos. For months... seriously who does that?

Kim's oversized Proto that is hand painted is not a photo... that's her work. They are using her work to fund the rest of the project. Mark my words they used the preorder money for that.

I'll send them my money before the in hand pics are there. If and only if the prototype looks great. Even then it's a gamble who knows what the end result will look like?

But before? Are you kidding me? Crazy...

I'll say this... They should have shown a full Lennon figure by now. One that doesn't have those horrible hands, certainly. And I can't believe they keep putting up preorders for other figures when they haven't even shown us a complete Lennon. I'm still hopeful, but I get why people are uncertain about this company. Two sculpts, three outfits, a guitar... All for $299.95? I had better get what I have already paid for. I know many agree... It had better be museum quality, top shelf artistry they're putting out or people will be disappointed at best. Again, I'm still hopeful but I'm also starting to get a bit irritated.

It's indeed shady to be blunt. Mostly because they are taking direct payments based off no photos. For months... seriously who does that?

Kim's oversized Proto that is hand painted is not a photo... that's her work. They are using her work to fund the rest of the project. Mark my words they used the preorder money for that.

I'll send them my money before the in hand pics are there. If and only if the prototype looks great. Even then it's a gamble who knows what the end result will look like?

But before? Are you kidding me? Crazy...

Think she costs that much to do a sculpt?

No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is they can easily pay her to do a sculpt for them and get people excited to find the rest of their operation over it.

It's like a twisted, less honest kickstarter project

Oh I see. I was thinking "man she does great work, but not to that extent." :lol

Back