Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 - 1/6th Scale John Lennon

I'm just going to hold out for the super duper mega double deluxe version with a guitar, full band of instruments, Paul McCartney, a bonus Yoko Ono with 5 extra outfits and a Mark III exo-skeleton case for all three figures. But the special edition Yoko version that magnetically repels John and Paul away from each other when you stand her between them.

All those extra's are going to run you $50.

What are your thoughts on how they're handling the Lennon figure?

Better than just seeing a prototype then no info and waiting for over a year.
But then Im one of those who like to see what goes off when making a figure I know some are not in to that though.

Better than just seeing a prototype then no info and waiting for over a year.
But then Im one of those who like to see what goes off when making a figure I know some are not in to that though.

I am just not sure what some probably 1:1 scale clothes photoshopped to appear to be 1:6 scale floating above a table really tells us about the behind the scenes work of making a 1:6 scale figure...

I am just not sure what some probably 1:1 scale clothes photoshopped to appear to be 1:6 scale floating above a table really tells us about the behind the scenes work of making a 1:6 scale figure...

Things not to do if you're trying to successfully start a new figure collectibles company.

The majority of the comments are mocking the company.

The majority of the views are for the entertainment coming from reading the mocking.

The majority of the comments are mocking the company.

The majority of the views are for the entertainment coming from reading the mocking.

Thats not the point, they are in peoples heads.

You know the saying, "there is no such thing as bad press"

And can you imagine if they come out with an amazing Lennon :pray:

I honestly hope they do release an amazing Lennon.

I personally have no interest in the Lennon figure but do want it to succeed so that we get a Wonka figure.

I'm just going to hold out for the super duper mega double deluxe version with a guitar, full band of instruments, Paul McCartney, a bonus Yoko Ono with 5 extra outfits and a Mark III exo-skeleton case for all three figures. But the special edition Yoko version that magnetically repels John and Paul away from each other when you stand her between them.
You forgot the extra Barney figure from the Barbershop Quartet.

https://youtu.be/0gW7Z3yMtDo

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

´
The Figure doesnt float :D It just a glastable with a white layer underneath it. Its funny that you actually can see bestas with statues and a Darth Vader Bust in the background.

´
The Figure doesnt float :D It just a glastable with a white layer underneath it. Its funny that you actually can see bestas with statues and a Darth Vader Bust in the background.

The depth of field is incorrect... look at the coffee cup right behind him.. You can see a difference in the out of focus portions. Regardless of render or not, there is some post work done on this image that does not feel right.

The depth of field is incorrect... look at the coffee cup right behind him.. You can see a difference in the out of focus portions. Regardless of render or not, there is some post work done on this image that does not feel right.

Exactly!

Seems like they just masked out and blurred the background of the image to hide other companies' products, as they wanted to focus on their Lennon. Why not just take a photo against a white background? I don't know. But that's par for the course that this point.

They just make strange decisions, and have us agonize over it. At this point, it feels like we're playing their game, continuously talking about their products, keeping this thread at the top of the page. This is what they mean by "no such thing as bad press".

I know we were joking about it earlier, but it is very Trump-ish in its execution. Just keep being ridiculous, and keep the people talking.

What's that writing at the very top of the shaft.... it's very tiny.... wait, let me zoom in....

secret message from Molecule8.jpg

Last edited:

I think there is such thing as "bad press" and it's called BAD PRESS! I do not imagine that the marketing geniuses at Molecule8 set out to revolutionize the 1/6 scale figure industry by being the most ridiculed and distrusted company on the scene...people are talking about them a lot...because it's fun to make fun of them...and that is what the majority of the posts are...how many of those same people are pre-ordering through M8...that is the power of BAD PRESS!

Back