Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

I am a big Lennon fan and have never really sought out sixth scale music figures but will gladly make this my first...once there are amazing in hand pictures and I can click the "Buy Now" link on the Sideshow Collectibles website...

As long as Lennon turns out nice in hand I'll pick up Wonka. I'm most looking forward in seeing what happens with Lord of the Rings and Big Trouble in little China.

There is so much excitement over this figure, it's the spark this community needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have zero interest in the Wonka figure, honestly. It looks fantastic, don't get me wrong. One of the many reasons why I love this hobby is the diversity of its collectors. What I consider a grail figure may have no appeal whatsoever to a fellow 1/6 enthusiast. I hope these figures live up to the claims of the company and meet the expectations of us, the collectors! What I've seen so far has me excited. I'm really, really looking forward to the Taxi Driver and Jack Burton figures.

It seems to be going in order of what's on their site.

So if I'm right you have

Lord of the rings
The Hobbit
The tick
Harry Potter before you see Taxi driver and Burton.

As for the ghostbusters Imagine if they were 1:4 jesus that would be a killer display massive proton packs!
I'd be curious to see if they do Dana and Zule in 1:6 and what plans they have for that set. :lecture

I guess economy of scale? The blank endos are a small run.

Then again, there's no evidence beyond a 3D render that the endo even exists. I don't understand how they hope to produce something in stainless steel that finely-machined and skin it then include head sculpts, clothing, accessories, etc for about the equivalent of a "normal" 1/6 figure. Unless they're planning on following the videogame model of losing money on early adopters then jacking prices up for future releases.
I don't think most people understand the amount of work and precision going into that skeleton. That's why I don't think they will be actually using it.

It seems to be going in order of what's on their site.

So if I'm right you have

Lord of the rings
The Hobbit
The tick
Harry Potter before you see Taxi driver and Burton.

As for the ghostbusters Imagine if they were 1:4 jesus that would be a killer display massive proton packs!
I'd be curious to see if they do Dana and Zule in 1:6 and what plans they have for that set. :lecture

I can't do 1/4... I can only do 1/6. Anything else is too damn big for my taste. Anything less is too small, lol! I'm strictly 1/6 scale. Man, I hope they don't do them in order! If so, I'm patient and have no problem waiting.

I don't think most people understand the amount of work and precision going into that skeleton. That's why I don't think they will be actually using it.

So, you think this company is flat-out lying to everyone? Hmmm... Interesting. I guess we'll find out soon enough ;) I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

I am a big Lennon fan and have never really sought out sixth scale music figures but will gladly make this my first...once there are amazing in hand pictures and I can click the "Buy Now" link on the Sideshow Collectibles website...

:exactly:

I wonder (Admins) if it's time to start separate threads for the different figures like we do for every other mfg? Just a thought.....

So, you think this company is flat-out lying to everyone? Hmmm... Interesting. I guess we'll find out soon enough ;) I can't wait to see what they have in store for us!

Do I think the skeleton as shown is going to be used in the figures? No I don't. Will some semblance of a stainless steel skeleton be used? Yes but more along the order of a Phicen. Very simplistic.

I wonder (Admins) if it's time to start separate threads for the different figures like we do for every other mfg? Just a thought.....

Until the company releases official pics of the final products - not CG renders - I vote 'no'.

Good lord, didn't anyone listen to the Hottoycast interview? He explained all sorts of things that people still seem to be confused about, including why they will be adding accessories to figures as they get closer to release, as well as the use of the skeleton for every figure and why it's being offered as a standalone piece. I'm not explaining it all here, Eamon and the gang deserve a listen for that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm excited about Wonka. It's not the typical figure but it has plenty of accessories and nostalgia. Molecule is addressing a lot of the things collectors ***** about. There being only one head sculpt, a lack of accessories, and price. With all that at only two fifty I could care less about the skeleton. lol Fingers crossed for a serious face and smiling face.

So-are somewhere pics of full Lenon figure "in hand" at least?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

So-are somewhere pics of full Lenon figure "in hand" at least?

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

no. according to the interview, many things about the processing of the figure are still not yet decided.
thats why i doubt the figure can be released before july, although they have pushed back the release
date from May.

Back