Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Wonka looks very interesting [emoji4] this is getting exciting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intrigued as to the techquie they are using on the sculpt? Do they do a larger Mock up? :horror
The size of the sculpt defiantly isn't 1:6 it's miles bigger!

Obviously we all know and it's confirmed that it is 1:6.
I'm really impressed so far here's hoping they deliver quality!

MHWW1-509x509.jpg
MHWW2-509x509.jpg

Their pre-order page says wonka is 1/6th scale, yet that head looks twice as large as THE HULK

Looks almost 1/3 scale there. A convention with some mass produced toys is to produce larger prototypes and shrink them down in production, but it's unusual with 1/6 scale stuff. The separate hair pieces are probably a means of facilitating casting. This looks very similar to what Rocco did with his Wonka sculpt.

This is a grail for me........now I am hoping Lennon turn out perfect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Those wonka accessories are renders.

Check the shadows on the key and the reflection of the striped walls on the wood floor.

You'd think if their CG was that good, they'd just render up the full figure and show that off. A number of those images had me guessing, the picture of the eggs even has a seamline, making it look like a manufactured object. The shoes look pretty real.

That's just another aspect of this company that rubs me the wrong way. Those images should have a disclaimer on them, noting they are "representations of final work" or something else like that, whatever cute language you want to say indicating that they're CG images.

We now know that Lennon comes with three outfits, which could have been the plan all along (though odd not to promote it right away if that was the case). That could also explain some of it. But $250 with all that stuff, two sculpts, endoskeleton body, and free shipping seems an exceptional deal if the final product is good.

So endo body costs $200, but endo body with wonka stuff is $250? What am I missing here?

I actually want Wonka though. Gonna have to watch this one.

So endo body costs $200, but endo body with wonka stuff is $250? What am I missing here?

I actually want Wonka though. Gonna have to watch this one.

I guess economy of scale? The blank endos are a small run.

Then again, there's no evidence beyond a 3D render that the endo even exists. I don't understand how they hope to produce something in stainless steel that finely-machined and skin it then include head sculpts, clothing, accessories, etc for about the equivalent of a "normal" 1/6 figure. Unless they're planning on following the videogame model of losing money on early adopters then jacking prices up for future releases.

The endos come with a light up stand, a skull, and supposedly will be diecast whereas the ones used with other figures are likely plastic.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

The endos come with a light up stand, a skull, and supposedly will be diecast whereas the ones used with other figures are likely plastic.

no, the endo inside the figure is also diecast.
willy 2.jpg

Well they are going to have a problem then because it says plain as day on the Lennon product description on their page "utilizes STAINLESS STEEL Mark I Endo Skeleton."

The Endo Skeleton is obviously not "worth" $200 or the company would go out of business shoving it into $250 figures...people are trying to explain how they can do this and still be profitable ignoring the obvious answer...they are not taking a loss on their entire product line to give collectors an amazing skeleton inside their figures...they are simply selling the skeleton at a HUGE mark up relative to their cost...as Sherlock Holmes (or Mr Spock) says...once you eliminate the impossible whatever remains no matter how improbable is the answer.

I keep seeing this question everywhere and the answer is most probably due to the LED POD it comes with? It's most probably got some sort of fancy display case!

Because of the lack of info on the POD and Endo people don't get the pricing because they are in the dark on what it actually is!? :banghead I mean it could have LED eyes but again the problem is Molecule8's lack of information, something they need to improve on! Question is how fancy is the LED POD and Endo does the Endo have more detail such as finger articulation? Is it justifiable for the mark up who knows because no one knows what they are bloody buying!!! :rotfl:rotfl

It depends on what sort of collector you are? The Heavy industries test body is mega expensive like $300 + yet that is just a body with nothing fancy! Yet people bought it.

Their pricing for the figures is on point and I'm more than happy paying $250-$300 for a quality figure.....but they really need to improve on how they sell their products. :dunno

Could be the finishing of the skeleton. They may refine the parts , polishing and filing seams, and the like to make it look
Impressive on that display base.

The body under the skin on the figures may be rough and unfinished.....

I am HOPING to love this company right now...I applaud your optimism but I am going to have to reserve love for any company until they have at least shipped their first product...

Although the sculpt they are showing is obviously much larger than 1/6, the small portions of the face look impressive, especially the nose.

Super glad the debuted with Lennon, cause I can live without that figure.....
Had Willy been the debute......I would have pre ordered and been on a bed of nails waiting

For all my scepticism, I do hope M8 are going to come good on shipping these two seemingly very high quality figures in Q3 & Q4; if only because of the fact they're evidently doing away with all the protracted proto pic drip feeds & ludicrous wait times between reveal, then pre-order, then shipping.

A new, quality company coming in and simply getting on with it - or at least having got on with most of it *before* announcing anything - would be an excellent rocket up the arse for all the established companies. Just been in one of those "omg when is figure X even going to ship already" threads, and wouldn't it be great for those to become a thing of the past?

Always good to see new people who don't want to play by the established rules want to upset things; I'm not interested in either of these figures myself, but it's at least intriguing, and hopefully they will be totally above board & deliver on the promise, to our collective surprise :)

Back