Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

Can't believe they put this up for preorder in its current state....
9012bd7cfbb8eae8cb7fe0427c8f4452.gif

Weird...never seen them post just a head sculpt for a pre-order...but they are listing it....Sideshow listing...check...just need to see beautiful in hand photos now and M8 will have completed the journey of converting me from a skeptic to a customer.

Yeah, it's weird. The images seem a bit amateur. They used the same phone image that was uploaded in someone's instagram. Why the rush? Could at least photoshop a proper whole body image for the pre-order.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

Everything about this company is unorthodox and strange lol. This is no exception.

Like others have said, it's quite embarrassing. This just shows you that they really don't have an actual prototype :lol

Haven't been reading every post, so maybe I missed this, but is this not a picture of the actual figure? I'm not great spotting photo shop.
john-lennon-imagine-sixth-scale-molecule8-ldt-903036-06.jpg

That was shown a couple weeks back. M8 said it was an older picture while the fig was still in development.

As interested as I am in seeing what happens with Molecule 8 and how this figure comes through production I wasn't actually planning on getting him.

Now that he's actually available through Sideshow with a payment plan and Reward Points... I'm considering it.

If someone is planning to start work on a D*ck Cavett sculpt I'm in

Last edited:

As interested as I am in seeing what happens with Molecule 8 and how this figure comes through production I wasn't actually planning on getting him.

Now that he's actually available through Sideshow with a payment plan and Reward Points... I'm considering it.

If someone is planning to start work on a D*ck Cavett sculpt I'm in

Knowing that if this thing goes south I am one live chat away from getting my money back from Sideshow versus fighting my way through PayPal red tape perhaps months outside of their protection time frame is a strong incentive.

Much as I'd like this I just don't have the headspace for this figure. Putting it up for preorder on Sideshow should answer all the questions about it yet it just raises more - shipping in two months yet no proper images? Maybe if I had nothing else to think about this would be fun, but it's crossed the line from interesting to head ****.

The whole three outfits thing is just crazy too. Hello, bootleg heads, plus people selling off spare outfits, raising cash that the company doesn't see.

Also I don't hear any humility there (from the company in general) which makes me wonder how they will deal with QC or customer service issues.

If Lennon turns out well (or at all) I'm definitely picking up Wonka. Just seeing Lennon over at Sideshow was promising - have they ever put something up for order that didn't actually come out? I don't think I've seen any.

If Lennon turns out well (or at all) I'm definitely picking up Wonka. Just seeing Lennon over at Sideshow was promising - have they ever put something up for order that didn't actually come out? I don't think I've seen any.

Lennon is the first figure from them

Back