Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

You guys seem to be answering your own questions for them. Very convenient.

The only promise made so far was that a prototype would be shown this week. Twice it was mentioned.

So far, no prototype shown.

It went from "later this week" to "hopefully later this week" and then as of yesterday morning, it was "we want to show you [pics] as soon as we can".

They've sold 1,000 pieces (allegedly) in a few weeks with no pictures. What incentive do they have to even take pictures in the first place? For the Willy Wonka pre-order, it'll probably just be a page that says "Best Willy Wonka Figure EVAR!!!" and a Buy Now button, for $400, and they'll sell 2,000.

That's what's so unbelievable about the whole thing, the sheer brashness of the whole thing.

The only thing that's keeping me from believing this is a scam, is that I can't believe anyone would be so bold as to try something like this.

Though I do remember the hottoysonlineshop.com scam, and the whole FireFigures Assassin's Creed thing, I spotted those from a mile away, and this thing has the same stench.

In a few weeks you guys will receive a headsculpt in the mail with a written promise that they'll send you the rest of the figure in one year.

In a few weeks you guys will receive a headsculpt in the mail with a written promise that they'll send you the rest of the figure in one year.

:yess:

18222126_1436385926436496_3124534891428899519_n.jpg

Checked the video they just posted on Facebook pretty cool. I think if they said August I would of said ok there's a realistic date but casting etc takes a while not to mention painting. There's suppose to be a 2nd sculpt also as stated in the pre order info.

Checked the video they just posted on Facebook pretty cool. I think if they said August I would of said ok there's a realistic date but casting etc takes a while not to mention painting. There's suppose to be a 2nd sculpt also as stated in the pre order info.

So, presumably that's KA Kim showing off the prototype headsculpt. Doesn't indicate they are any closer to a final product. It's cool for what it is, but doesn't attempt to answer any of the questions raised thus far.

It went from "later this week" to "hopefully later this week" and then as of yesterday morning, it was "we want to show you [pics] as soon as we can".

I expect a lot of this type thing to follow.

First Video of the John Lennon Head Sculpt - Find it Here

That's either the smallest hand ever or that head is quarter scale.

Maybe Kim's hand is that small -- that's how she gets such great detail.

The least you could do is link to the source video and not spam your blog

https://www.facebook.com/Molecule8/videos/430602847309642/

fcf10801625e2b7dd1dbbdf57546f2c5.jpg

That's either the smallest hand ever or that head is quarter scale.

Maybe Kim's hand is that small -- that's how she gets such great detail.

It could be an oversized prototype they plan on casting and shrinking down later. I know NECA & Mattel do it with their figures.

MMespect1.jpg

...Or it's a very tiny hand. :lol

Last edited:

My. If they intend to check that "everything is perfect with John" then there's either a far bigger story here than simply people making a figure, or it's going to be a very, very, very long wait..

Well I guess we will see it in proper scale when the folks who ordered post their in hand pictures in a few weeks...

If the release is really this month then won't it be soon, if not already on it's way to the states? Unless they are manufacturing in the states but then they'd at least have a final prototype.. :lol

Healthy skepticism aside I am hoping that this all turns out well...most of the people on this forum will probably buy just about everything that they produce...after years of complaining about the Disneyfication of Hot Toys the hope of holding a licensed Travis Bickle figure is too great not to root for.

The picture looks nice... However isn't this the same head that they showed before? Otherwise known as the only thing they showed us so far...

If the release is really this month then won't it be soon, if not already on it's way to the states? Unless they are manufacturing in the states but then they'd at least have a final prototype.. :lol

Has it been stated that the release is May, or that the progress bar will hit the end and the complete prototype will be done?

Back