Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

A core body you're never going to see unless they make battle damaged Lennon Skynet Infiltrator version. And covered in artificial skin which will counteract the supposed improved function of said body.

So many mysteries. Maybe they'll reveal a few before they start shipping the figures.

I'm scared. :lol I really want a Wonka in my collection. Hopefully this is legit.

I hope that they're legit, the Gandalf sculpt looks incredible (Even if just a computer render) and I'd love to see some figures from The Hobbit and Fantastic Beasts

They answered you:

What I glean from "...the overall look of the Ghostbusters in film is quite special and it is this that we hope to capture with our versions of these characters", is that the M8 sculpts will have less serious expressions, thereby capturing the humour of the film.

I'll happily add a third company to my Ghostbusters collection, just so long as it's 1/6.

No other scale interests me any more.

Nice! Can't wait to see their 100 day plan. They mention something "beyond" the sculpts though, so I asked them if they meant we'll be seeing some weathering or slime on their costumes.

Me said:
Oh totally, I didn't mean to imply anything negative about KA Kim's work. I'm a huge fan of her! I was just curious as to how the Molecule8 figures would be different from Blitzway's Ghostbusters, since she sculpted those too. I'm definitely looking forward to what you guys have planned.

As for the overall "look" of the figures, does that mean we could see some nice weathering on their suits? Maybe some slime? :D

I'm definitely excited to see what you guys have planned. Since it hasn't been done yet, I'd love to see a Gozer figure from you guys. Her design would definitely be complimented by the new Endo bodies.
It looks like I don't need to be approved by a mod to post there anymore either. :yess:

I think you're right. They intend to make them stand out from the others.

The Blitzway suits look like it's their first time using them, so I'd love to see some more spores, mold, and fungus.

Agh, I really want to trust them, but something about this seems too good to be true. We haven't even seen a full figure from them and they have some pretty solid licenses that I'd love to see.

If all of this turns out okay, and people are beyond happy with their Lennons, I hope they get the Beetlejuice license. They even slightly hinted at making some Oompa Loompas. I need this to be real. :monkey2

A year from now...

"Molecule8, where's your Oompa Loompa?"

giphy.gif

And you were right:

:lol

And yussss. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

HxbJhZZ.gif

I know it's unlikely, but I'd love for them to make a Gozer or Dana. I know it's too early to be hoping for things like this though. :lol

Last edited:

Actually to me it seems they are saying there work will have a style of its own and that you will know just by how it looks that its molecule8 and if your worried about the standard dont be just look at Lennon. Come on guys talk about trying start something out of nothing :rotfl

I think it went over your head :rotfl :rotfl

This is what was meant:

He said that Molecule8's Ghostbusters will be different from Kim's Ghostbusters in a way you'll know going by the standard of Kim's Lennon. :lol

"Come on guys talk about trying start something out of nothing"

Dear, Lord. Is that what all of these threads have come to now? People jumping on eachothers backs without reading and understanding properly? You worry about yourself rather than what others may or may not be doing :lol

This place is getting worse by the day :slap

Lennon isn't ready yet, hence why there aren't any pics.

Molecule8 said:
Hi pixletwin

Please bear with us, we to want to show you them as soon as we can, but we want to make sure everything is perfect with John before we release the pictures.

Thank you for your patience.

Source: https://molecule8.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2&p=76#p76

Their current level of engagement on their own forum and other social media platforms is making me lean toward believing that this is not just a cash grab and run scheme. I think that they will genuinely ship a figure. The question, however, remains as to whether they are set up to deliver a quality figure.

So they don't even have a completed sculpt to show and this figure is supposed to be out soon?

That's one of the only things that don't really compute with how I understand this business to work. If they are shipping within the next 40 days or so there should be a picture of a production sample at the very least by now. But they are are still waiting on prototype pictures? Still, I'm not worried. Just puzzled.

That's one of the only things that don't really compute with how I understand this business to work. If they are shipping within the next 40 days or so there should be a picture of a production sample at the very least by now. But they are are still waiting on prototype pictures? Still, I'm not worried. Just puzzled.

I think that they are holding pictures back because they need estate / license holder approval first. At least thats what it seems like but who knows. I think the timeline is too ambitious, but I do think they are legitimately trying to deliver.

Maybe they're just unconventional. :dunno

Why launch a pre-order if you're still waiting for Yoko to approve the final pics?

What happens if they aren't approved?

If you are a month out from shipping and don't have approval, then you're in deep dookie. But I think there must be a miscommunication, as I don't think the prototype is even finished yet. And once that happens, I would give them another 6 months to a year to ship, possibly more. It takes an established entity like Sideshow a year to produce their figures.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Why launch a pre-order if you're still waiting for Yoko to approve the final pics?

What happens if they aren't approved?

Just about to ask that.

Unconventional doesn't answer any questions already posed. Unless this company has its own production factory it would have to flow through the same channels other companies in this business navigate.

They would already have to have a production sample. Why they chose not to show it is unconventional.

If you are a month out from shipping and don't have approval, then you're in deep dookie. But I think there must be a miscommunication, as I don't think the prototype is even finished yet. And once that happens, I would give them another 6 months to a year to ship, possibly more. It takes an established entity like Sideshow a year to produce their figures.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

But they didn't mention anything about shipping that far out.

You guys seem to be answering your own questions for them. Very convenient.

The only promise made so far was that a prototype would be shown this week. Twice it was mentioned.

So far, no prototype shown.

They could've gotten approval for the sculpt but not the rest of the figure, right? That would explain only showing the head.

I don't know how these things work tho.

Back