Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

I found everything on one page, apart from Taxi Driver which I couldn't find at all.

Searching just for Soldier Story brought up a complete blank.

Dang. Are there any other licenses they may have acquired that could be found by searching for them? How about their Unicron statue from Transformers?

I'm not going to read the whole thread but I see there was an article on this in a national newspaper today/past day or so. Mentions two facial expressions.

I'm not going to read the whole thread but I see there was an article on this in a national newspaper today/past day or so. Mentions two facial expressions.

The Molecule8 website does too.

• Custom designed John Lennon body
• Utilizes Stainless Steel Mark I Endoskeleton
Two (2) interchangeable head sculpts
• Singing and resting facial expressions

• Finely detailed sculpted hair
• Interchangeable hands for various gestures
• Classic yellow-tinted glasses
• Bespoke tailored fabric suit
• Trademark cowboy boots from the “Imagine” era
• Beaded choker necklace with tassels
• Custom engineered figure stand
• The first 1000 are sequentially numbered

https://molecule8.com/product/john-lennon-imagine/

I didn't even notice until that article pointed it out though. Whenever I look at the official page for him on their site I get distracted by the shiny interactive box art. :lol

I think Molecule8 is a real company that will ship some figures...in the grand scheme of things that is a really low bar to clear. Most of the discussion on this forum in general is not about whether a company exists, but whether a company that we all know exists (and in some cases has a solid reputation) can release a quality figure. Lennon will probably ship...not in May...but it will probably ship...but what will it look like?

Lennon will probably ship...not in May...but it will probably ship...but what will it look like?

This is the biggest question I have had. I really want to see those pics. Prototype or production? Is there just a confusion in terms? Seems unlikely, but the timeline they have asserted doesn't mesh with what we know about traditional companies.

Yep...I asked the question again about the ship date on their forum and even gave them an out by saying...usually figures don't ship on the original date promised so it is understandable that you may not be shipping in May...they doubled down and pretty much said May is still the plan...weird...

If anything the way Molecule8 is handling the release of their product has generated a lot, a lot of buzz. Perhaps that was their intent to begin with. I, personally, don't like the apparent misleading information. Ultimately what I think doesn't matter to the company as long as they make their money.

Yep...very true...well if this does not pan out no one wins...if they release an amazing Lennon figure I guess everyone who reads this forum ends up a winner so here's hoping.

I'm still very confused by the Ghostbusters stuff. They want to better the Blitzway figures sculpted by KA Kim, presumably using....KA Kim as their sculpter. :dunno

Then there is the licence issue. I assumed Blitzway had that locked down. Will Molecule8 be doing DC and Marvel stuff in the future to rival Hot Toys?

I'm still very confused by the Ghostbusters stuff. They want to better the Blitzway figures sculpted by KA Kim, presumably using....KA Kim as their sculpter. :dunno

Then there is the licence issue. I assumed Blitzway had that locked down. Will Molecule8 be doing DC and Marvel stuff in the future to rival Hot Toys?

I don't know about DC but Disney is a little more disciplined with their licensing and are not going to play games like Sony with tossing their licenses all over the place. Disney gave Hot Toys an award for being their "best licensee" not too long ago...I do not see Molecule8 coming near the MCU or any other Disney license that Hot Toys currently holds...ever...

In case anyone is familiar with any of these companies:

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vijay-chadha-ba840420/

Vijay Chadha
Founder & CEO at Molecule8 Ltd

Experience

Molecule8 Ltd
Founder & CEO
Company Name
Molecule8 Ltd
Dates Employed
Oct 2015 – Present
Employment Duration
•1 yr 8 mos

My Star Team Limited
Managing Director
Company Name
My Star Team Limited
Dates Employed
Jan 2014 – 2015
Employment Duration
•1 yr

Balloon 27
Business Consultant
Company Name
Balloon 27
Dates Employed
Apr 2013 – Dec 2013
Employment Duration
•9 mos

Mad Catz Interactive Inc
VP Asia Pacific
Company Name
Mad Catz Interactive Inc
Dates Employed
Jun 2012 – Mar 2013
Employment Duration
•10 mos

Ponto Unido Limited
Managing Director
Company Name
Ponto Unido Limited
Dates Employed
Jun 2011 – May 2012
Employment Duration
•1 yr

Ignition Entertainment Limited
CEO / Co-Founder
Company Name
Ignition Entertainment Limited
Dates Employed
2001 – May 2010
Employment Duration
•9 yrs

Planet Distribution Limited
CEO / Co-Founder
Company Name
Planet Distribution Limited
Dates Employed
1992 – 2000
Employment Duration
•8 yrs

Electro Games Limited
Managing Director / Co-Founder
Company Name
Electro Games Limited
Dates Employed
1990 – 1992
Employment Duration
•2 yrs

I got a phone call from PayPal just now. They wanted to verify if the purchase is legitimate, and what the delivery timeframe was stated to be. I imagine getting 300k put into an account would be worth looking into.

I simply said that they claim to be delivering at the end of may, which I am not certain they will meet. I also asked how long I am protected for and they said 180 days from purchase.

I think this is nothing to be concerned about other than PayPal making sure 1000+ people have not been having falsified charges.

Maybe Paypal wants to hold the funds just in case

Hot Toys has full photo spreads of figures that will not be shipping until this time next year best case scenario...granted they have a lot of figures competing for factory time and M8 is probably 100% committed to this one figure, but I really do not think that Lennon will be shipping in the next 180 days. There will be updates, pictures, and a new release date set...

In case anyone is familiar with any of these companies:

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/vijay-chadha-ba840420/

Vijay Chadha
Founder & CEO at Molecule8 Ltd

What I gather is that this guy has a lot of experience in video games, where all you need to sell the product is box art and well. . . CG renders. Maybe he thought if it was good enough to sell video games it would be good enough to sell figures??

I have hopes for their Lord of the Rings and Hobbit line. So fingers crossed these can deliver on their promise.

I do, as well. I would have thrown caution to the wind had their first release been either Legolas or Gandalf.
Here's to hoping this turns out well for those who pre-ordered Lennon.

Back