Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

Only interested if they make the other three.

They won't. Apple Corp will only lease out a cartoon likeness on a toy. That's why this Lennon is post-Beatles.

Re: Molecule8 (New company)

I guess it's possible McCartney, Ringo, and Harrison's estate could license out their likeness rights. But I don't see Paul bothering with it. Guy is worth over a billion dollars.

I dunno if it's been posted already, but it looks like they added Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them to their list of licenses.

Any chance that's bad news for the Star Ace figures, or could it be they have joint custody of the license like Blitzway and Soldier Story with Ghostbusters?

I'm sure they have much more by the time I'm writing this. They had a few hundred within hours which is why the pushed up from 500 to 1000. If you're not on FB maybe you haven't seen comments from people jumping on this. A lot of people know the folks involved and have no problem putting down a pre-payment.

I really hope this pans out for everyone who ordered. I'm surprised some think this wouldn't sell fast. You have Beatles/John Lennon memorabilia collectors on top of figure collectors to jump on this. For $300 shipping included if it ends up as good as it seems it will hopefully will raise the bar. If people are willing to pay $240 for Beetlejuice's ugly sculpt it's not giving current companies any incentive to improve.

Attachments

• Beetlejuice-sixth-scale-620.jpg
    Beetlejuice-sixth-scale-620.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 189

Today's the last day for the big reveal of the prototype figure. :tap

Post#586
Here's all the info I got today guys.

Will you be able to translate KA Kim's Lennon masterpiece sculpt into the factory produced one? will it still capture that detail?

We believe so yes Lee. You will see a prototype this week. M

(I asked how long Lennon had been worked on)

It's been worked on since last year
But we kept very quite until we knew we had it right and could start sharing with people.
Prototype will be showed this week.

So, he's saying that the sculptor for Lennon didn't meet the "standard" with her work on Blitzway's Ghostbusters?

giphy.gif

Actually to me it seems they are saying there work will have a style of its own and that you will know just by how it looks that its molecule8 and if your worried about the standard dont be just look at Lennon. Come on guys talk about trying start something out of nothing :rotfl

Last edited:

I'm so glad Lennon isn't a priority for me. It sure would be great for the hobby if this turned out to be the real deal.

What day is today?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guess it's possible McCartney, Ringo, and Harrison's estate could license out their likeness rights. But I don't see Paul bothering with it. Guy is worth over a billion dollars.
I know he has his reasons but Paul has always been difficult in giving his permission in anything Beatles related.

Where the hell did they get info about a singing sculpt?

That explains it.

IMAGINE

John Lennon Imagine Figure

• Custom designed John Lennon body
• Utilizes Stainless Steel Mark I Endoskeleton
• Two (2) interchangeable head sculpts
• Singing and resting facial expressions
• Finely detailed sculpted hair
• Interchangeable hands for various gestures
• Classic yellow-tinted glasses
• Bespoke tailored fabric suit
• Trademark cowboy boots from the “Imagine” era
• Beaded choker necklace with tassels
• Custom engineered figure stand
• The first 1000 are sequentially numbered

Say what you will about Molecule8 but sequential numbering is always the way to go in these situations.

[emoji106]

Maybe molecule 8 goes by the Beatles 8 days a week....so they still have three days left for the reveal

He said that Molecule8's Ghostbusters will be different from Kim's Ghostbusters in a way you'll know going by the standard of Kim's Lennon. :lol

I was pretty baffled by that too. :lol Maybe it means a different scale, emotions, or paint will make it have that Molecule8 glory?

Actually to me it seems they are saying there work will have a style of its own and that you will know just by how it looks that its molecule8 and if your worried about the standard dont be just look at Lennon. Come on guys talk about trying start something out of nothing :rotfl

MezFlair™️

Last edited:

I wonder if they'll get another sculptor? Although they said their Ghostbusters will have the same great taste as their Lennon, so maybe they didn't realize Kim did the Blitzway figures? :lol

Now that I think about it, maybe they're referring to the special Molecule8 body?

Back