Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

Why are people emailing them? This is all a bit of an overreaction. A John Lennon head sculpt was shown with a new company attached. People in the hobby go mad and look for contact, information, etc... for what? If there is a new company on the scene let them emerge when they are ready instead of posting company info based on google searches. Be happy this John Lennon figure could release and leave it at that. You would think these people owed you all something.

If I'm going to drop 200 plus dollars on a product I have more than a right to know the company is legitimate and not going to steal my money.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Nobody even knows what costs are! There is nothing even up for order yet

Come on. These will most definitely be expensive if they are happening. New companies tend to copy veteran companies with pricing, often without the same quality.

:lol This thread.

My new favorite thread!

If I'm going to drop 200 plus dollars on a product I have more than a right to know the company is legitimate and not going to steal my money.

Remember this:
FAMOUR-TYPE-HOT-TOYS.jpg

from a company that sounds as if it makes tools for a sex-shop :lol

Well there's that. But thanks to the sleuthing skills of the board members here the more I hear about the company the less confident I feel.

Molecule8 (New company) - John Lennon 1/6 scale figure (sculpted by KA Kim)

I trust him to know what's going on in the business, but he did also claim the Soldier Story Ghostbusters were unlicensed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What ad wizards are coming up with these company names nowadays? Sounds like an energy drink brand to me.

Maybe it's a tribute to the... "energy" substances John and the rest of the band lived off while playing in Hamburg.

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And Molecule8's figures will be done

Their 3D renders are stunning. Love the one of Alan Rickman. Looks like they have Heath ledger too.

Kim is a freelancer so my thoughts are that yes...this company is a shady scam operation and Kim was simply paid to do the one off job of producing a prototype sculpt for them as a paid commission or something along those lines...what they do with it after that is out of her hands and she is probably already off working on whatever new license Blitzway has promised to reveal at SDCC

She said on her Facebook page a couple of days ago that she's no longer working with Blitzway.

That's disappointing. They'd want to hire ****ing Michelangelo to replace her talent.

Got a reply.

'Thank you so much for your interest in Molecule8.

We are very excited to announce our forthcoming lineup of Sixth Scale and Quarter Scale figures & just in the process of putting the finishing touches to our website, which will launch fully in the coming weeks & all will be revealed.

In the meanwhile, keep an eye on our social media pages for further updates.'

molecule8.jpg

The only thing troubling to me, is the admin of this forum using the forum as a platform to imply this new company are "bootleggers" (without using the specific term). That's crossing the line and it's the same unwarranted libel that was used to disparage Soldier Story when they announced their GB figures.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 9.33.14 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 9.33.14 AM.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 201

This forum will forget all that when they put a figure up for PO with all the correct licensing labels. I didn't know who Enterbay were back in 2008 when they announced Jack Bauer. That first prototype pic looked like a photograph.

Back