Molecule8 John Lennon UPDATE 5/10/18 - SCAM COMPANY!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Molecule8 (New company)

I read on this tread either the Company or in their form they stated they partnered with Sideshow Toys as a distributor , however........

mole.jpg

I'm told from the company that it's coming with both this outfit and the velvet suit!

View attachment 342654

Boy, you don't say? ... :lol

Molecule8 Just said he comes with BOTH outfits. :yess:

Whether this will be included I don't know but for now it's a place holder!
Molecule just confirmed via PM it will include the velvet suit so I wouldn't go nuts on the thing being inaccurate. :)

I'm worried about the cost and release date regarding him. First the Endoskeleton alone is $199, then add the scultps, outfits etc for $100 more? Secondly, if he is to be released in July, why are they still showing in progress updates. Shouldn't this already be in production at a factory if its going to be released soon?

So they say:

The price of the skeleton is this:

34627459821_d7a822d57c_o.jpg

A $15 knock-off narrow shoulder with some properly sculpted hands would be a better option. So with two heads and two outfits you could have one.

I grew up in England and this is taking me back to one of my favorite shows from my childhood...didn't know Molecule 8 had the Trumpton license too...trumpton.jpg

MOlecule8 has said these pics are older from when the piece was in development and that they are releasing pics in chronological order as the piece developed. So I am not ready to say that the hands featured in that pic are like the ones we will get.

I read on this tread either the Company or in their form they stated they partnered with Sideshow Toys as a distributor , however........

View attachment 342653

:lecture

It's on their Distribution page:

https://molecule8.com/distribution/

Bryan Lo of ACI/Pangaea/7Toys7 got in there for Asia.
They would have to if Molecule8 wanted to release a Jack Burton figure here in the US. These things can be variable but usually when one company has distribution rights for a certain region on an intellectual property, any other company that would want to release a similar product from the same property in the same region would have to do it through the company that has distribution rights. It's why Sideshow sells Hot Toys Star Wars collectible figures here in the US, and Hot Toys sells Sideshow SW collectible figures in Asia.

Well, lookie, lookie.... they actually pulled it out! :clap

The guys here who preordered can take a big sigh of relief I guess. At least you know something like this will be forthcoming... soon...

That said, I'm not sure how this is "next level" engineering or tailoring. Simple outfit, over-sized pockets, no better than DiD here, and rubber hands. Will the $300 value make sense with the 2nd outfit?

MOlecule8 has said these pics are older from when the piece was in development and that they are releasing pics in chronological order as the piece developed. So I am not ready to say that the hands featured in that pic are like the ones we will get.

Didn't they say 2 weeks ago that we would see the production figure within the week? As fun as this game of remember when sounds, it seems like another stall tactic. Are they going to weenie out progress photos for weeks? Months? What is shown looks fine but not game changing.

Hah, I knew they were legit.

All you guys digging into their history and looking up license info must feel like real losers right now!! SAD!!

In all seriousness. . . I'm still not sure what to make of this. I do appreciate the lack of pre-order time, but I prefer QMX's method of having the final figure ready to go.

And then to post a picture, get complaints and then say "Oh, this is just an early prototype" . . . .FFS, just show the final product and let it be. Pun intended.

Though, I can understand wanting to keep people on their toes. Maybe the gameplan is to just keep a steady trickle of news until it's shipping, to keep people excited??

The concept of showing the development of the product in chronological order is kinda cool, but I think the need to be upfront about what is going on outweighs all of that. And at the same time, you can only go to that well so many times, otherwise people will know M8 as that pretentious company that keeps people in the dark until the figure is ready to ship.

Well, lookie, lookie.... they actually pulled it out! :clap

The guys here who preordered can take a big sigh of relief I guess. At least you know something like this will be forthcoming... soon...

That said, I'm not sure how this is "next level" engineering or tailoring. Simple outfit, over-sized pockets, no better than DiD here, and rubber hands. Will the $300 value make sense with the 2nd outfit?

M8 has stated that this is an older photo showing WIP. More current photos are to come. They've stated that even the hands and body in the photo are simply there to show progress. I'm looking forward to see what they've accomplished after these photos were taken.

Hah, I knew they were legit.

All you guys digging into their history and looking up license info must feel like real losers right now!! SAD!!

In all seriousness. . . I'm still not sure what to make of this. I do appreciate the lack of pre-order time, but I prefer QMX's method of having the final figure ready to go.

And then to post a picture, get complaints and then say "Oh, this is just an early prototype" . . . .FFS, just show the final product and let it be. Pun intended.

Though, I can understand wanting to keep people on their toes. Maybe the gameplan is to just keep a steady trickle of news until it's shipping, to keep people excited??

The concept of showing the development of the product in chronological order is kinda cool, but I think the need to be upfront about what is going on outweighs all of that. And at the same time, you can only go to that well so many times, otherwise people will know M8 as that pretentious company that keeps people in the dark until the figure is ready to ship.

That's the plan... Show WIP photos chronologically until the final reveal. You nailed it. At least according to M8, that's their plan. They've stated that everything in the photos thus far are early WIP pics and that many improvements have been made... I'm looking forward to more, personally :)

Not bad, but for a company touting perfection, they got the number of buttons wrong and no nametapes? :lecture

john_lennon_US_army_jacket_military_new_york.jpg

It is nice to see something from them though. Now just to wait for them to offer up something I'm actually interested in.

All pics shown thus far are early WIP pics. This has been addressed by M8. I mentioned the hands and button count as well. Many improvements have been made according to them and they'll show more pics in chronological order until the final reveal. And I've heard mention of the beret hat, but he wore that shirt and outfit without the hat as well. I've seen many pics online without the hat. And if you didn't yet know, he's getting this outfit and the promised velvet suit outfit as well.

I would rather be "wrong" with a cool figure and even cooler licenses to look forward to than be "right" with no figure spending the afternoon typing sarcastic posts about M8 on this forum...still not sure which scenario I will end up in unfortunately.

Back