1/6 MOLA RAM Custom Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it too late to get in on this? I?ve been around this board since the early sideshow/weta LoTR days and I dropped off for a while after selling most of my collection. But, as the owner of an enormous Mola Ram/ToD stomach tattoo, I can?t let this slip by me. I just (re)bought the sideshow ToD Indy off eBay the other day and I?d love to add this Mola Ram to the collection too. (And thanks for all of the info/reference/and all around good reading on here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd also like to know if its too late, because i am interested as well. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

No one is late. All are welcome.

This isn't the kind of run where you preorder with a deposit. Its more of a kit project. And at the moment, there is not an edition size, although one may be imposed by the artist. Once the head sculpt and outfit and other bits are ready, you will be able to simply order what you want through the artist directly. I'm trying my best to coordinate the parts so that everything becomes available at the same time or close to it but we will see if that works out.

In any event, you will be able to see everything here before you need to order.

After that I expect this thread will be a place people come to share tips on how best to put together your Mola Ram parts.

Also, you will still need to get a body for yourself, as well as black boots and a pair of black pants. At the moment, I'm still looking for just the right body. The closest I have come upon is the JXToys S01 body. Its slimmer than Mola but its not as overly muscular as all the others available. And the Fat body is just too fat. It should work for the parts of Mola that are exposed... but I'm hoping for a better option eventually.

No one is late. All are welcome.

This isn't the kind of run where you preorder with a deposit. Its more of a kit project. And at the moment, there is not an edition size, although one may be imposed by the artist. Once the head sculpt and outfit and other bits are ready, you will be able to simply order what you want through the artist directly. I'm trying my best to coordinate the parts so that everything becomes available at the same time or close to it but we will see if that works out.

In any event, you will be able to see everything here before you need to order.

After that I expect this thread will be a place people come to share tips on how best to put together your Mola Ram parts.

Also, you will still need to get a body for yourself, as well as black boots and a pair of black pants. At the moment, I'm still looking for just the right body. The closest I have come upon is the JXToys S01 body. Its slimmer than Mola but its not as overly muscular as all the others available. And the Fat body is just too fat. It should work for the parts of Mola that are exposed... but I'm hoping for a better option eventually.
Awesome thanks so much! I will be checking the thread for updates then. Everything looks great so far!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

That?s fantastic news. Thanks for the reply. Please put me down for the stern expression and the headdress along with the full robe outfit.

Great. I guess I missed that in my excitement for Mola Ram.

So the tailor sent me photos of the initial prototype of the Mola Ram OUTFIT. This is made with the material that is similar in weight and texture to those Vader capes long ago as discussed a few pages back. I have a few notes that I have already sent back to the tailor along with another one of my sketches for the "sleeve" on the right (which shouldn't be an actual sleeve). But overall I think the tailor did a great job on his first pass.

icon 1.jpgicon 3.jpg
icon 2.jpg

The length will be corrected obviously.

My biggest note is that I would love to see a thinner material that is still heavy... but I'm not certain that is an option. I have asked again.

Beyond the material, and the sleeve issue, my adjustment notes were fairly simple:
- the skirt needs to be stretchy or wider...
- the sash needs to be wider I think....
- and the robe connection under the left arm (where the red lines meet) should be lower, just above hip.

Last edited:
Yeah that looks very promising so far. The biggest issue is just with the thickness of the material like you say, but if it's at least water-absorbent than we can wet it down and get it to hang better that way if nothing else. And I also think the red fabric should be a shinier satin kind of fabric, instead of the same soft material being used for the black (which might help with the overall thickness too).

It might also be helpful to see it on a less cheap-looking body, but I realize they may not have one available.

Very nice! Thanks for putting in so much so time on this project.

So the tailor sent me photos of the initial prototype of the Mola Ram OUTFIT. This is made with the material that is similar in weight and texture to those Vader capes long ago as discussed a few pages back. I have a few notes that I have already sent back to the tailor along with another one of my sketches for the "sleeve" on the right (which shouldn't be an actual sleeve). But overall I think the tailor did a great job on his first pass.

View attachment 480692View attachment 480693

View attachment 480694

The length will be corrected obviously.

My biggest note is that I would love to see a thinner material that is still heavy... but I'm not certain that is an option. I have asked again.

Beyond the material, and the sleeve issue, my adjustment notes were fairly simple:
- the skirt needs to be stretchy or wider...
- the sash needs to be wider I think....
- and the robe connection under the left arm (where the red lines meet) should be lower, just above hip.

Reposting for those that might have missed.

Also, updated the first post on first page. Please make sure you read it.

Reposting for those that might have missed.

Also, updated the first post on first page. Please make sure you read it.

Hi all, definitely interested in this project.

Please put me down for following:

stern expression - headdress - ceremonial outfit

Still working, also found good black and red beads for the tooth necklace. Trying to get finished pieces of everything done. Here's one fresh out the mold.

0311201416~2.jpg

Excellent news!

Those are the arrow heads, right? There is also a secondary item interlaced along that necklace, like a bit of bone or something, right?

EDIT: Actually, it does look like they are all arrowheads but some are just worn down and rough.

My only comment would be that they look a little oversized. Will a cast of a cast get them down a size?

Bq7Np_VIcAAEboh.jpg

Molaram2.jpg

I think that necklace looks great. Wouldn't making it smaller risk losing some of the details on it Wor-Gar?

Well, sacrifice detail for accuracy. I'm waiting to see the finished product from Spenser. I have faith he will do it all justice.

There are delays from Turkey with the tailor due to corona-madness. Obviously all things will be delayed in some fashion or another.

Hoping everyone out there is well and safe.

Back