Modifying Your Hot Toys TDK Suit Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think it's better to post my modifications to the TDK Batman here then in the DX-thread, so here it is

now with lou's cape:

tdkbale.png

tdkbale2.png

tdkbale3.png

tdkbale4.png

tdkbale5.png

i think it's better to post my modifications to the TDK Batman here then in the DX-thread, so here it is

now with lou's cape:

tdkbale.png

tdkbale2.png

tdkbale3.png

tdkbale4.png

tdkbale5.png

This looks very good, besides the cape mod and gun mod..anything else?..the head looks better for some reason.

This looks very good, besides the cape mod and gun mod..anything else?..the head looks better for some reason.

Thanks snake and Valfar :)

Yes, the head is indeed different. Changed the mouthpiece with the Takara one from the Begins figure. That was the majour change on this figure. And I'm glad you like it.

Indeed! Makes it look like the head is a two piece part. As if you can actually take the cowl off revealing the Wayne head.

The more vibrant colour adds all the more realism to it. It makes Hot Toys mouth piece look ill. Plus Hot Toys mouth piece looked extremely flat with a big chin.

wow guys :) never thought to get so many positive feedbacks on this mod :) thanks so much

took some more shots with the pod

tbod.png

tbod2.png

tbod3.png

tbod4.png

tbod5.png

tbod6.png

Sorry for posting so many pics, but I'm happy because i can look again at him. :D Have played with the idea of selling him. Have the Medicom Bats here and waiting for the DX plus having the OC would be too much Bats and he just doesn't looked that well, but now I'm happy with him, but maybe I'm still going to change that head afterwards with one head of the DX. :monkey5

Would love to change the mouthpiece of the OC but it's much bigger on the OC than on the Takara, so it would look weird to have so much space free on the cowl. Now if I only had one OC-head for testing :monkey3

tdkbalee.png

tdkbalee2.png

tdkbalee3.png

tdkbalee4.png

tdkbalee5.png

tdkbalee6.png

tdkbalee7.png

Looks fantastic! I can't believe how the mouth somehow improves the entire figure. Love your poses as well - very realistic and natural

I thought the cowl was drastically off. Maybe it's been the mouth sculpt thats been mostly off with a small percentage of the cowl itself. The cowl looks stunning face on there.

Simply stunning, Thrust! Great photos.

tbod3.png

It's great with lforigno's capes. Creating the solid black down to the feet. No daylight peeking through at all. I love that look.

tdkbalee3.png

Back