Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New here.

Can anyone tell me if I can still get the custom faceplate by Robbie? I love the look of it.

I Got my DX12 last week. So far I've completed the following mods:
Gloves.
Gauntlets.
Shoulder pads (cut into separate pieces then heat and squeeze to fit form).
Painted eye mod.
Ankle mod.

I'm loving the figure. Picking up a rayon cape soon and maybe the backpack.

Great forum. Great mods.

There's a few other people who sell them on eBay. Not as good as Robbie's but defiantly improve the look imo. The one coming out with the batman armory look better too, so if your planning on getting that set you could wait a few more months until that comes out.

dx12.jpg

Ok here is the updated version, I modded the gloves, the gauntlets, the chest, neck, darkened the eyes a bit, and tightened up the belt. Dark Spartan wired cape. Catwoman's breast were enhanced and added the Sideshow whip, looking for some swat glow tubes for swat Gordon and interested in a squint mod head by Tony Meis. Big thanks to Maglor and The Clipper King. I waited so long because of fear of messing it up, but now that Im getting the super extra deluxe Armory I went for it.

Question:
I just traded a TFA Cap with damaged shield and holster for a DX12 that had the fatsuit mod done and a stitch popped on one of the arms. Can the fabric be repaired in some way?

Hey all,

looking for your opinions and advices. Recently got my hands on a Medicom TDK cowl or more precise, on what's left of it: :lol

abb8166a873c0e9e46c067ec7e8b111f.jpg

It was used as empty cowl for a DX01 figure, so the mouth part is missing and the eyes were blackened. Other than that I think it's a good basis to work with since there are no big damages that couldn't probably be fixed with a little re-work and a re-paint.

I'm not very familiar with the Medicom cowls yet but from what I found the mouth part wasn't meant to come out originally (not replacable like DX01 or DX12), right?

What I'm thinking about to do is to cut a suitable mouth-piece from a mock-up DX12 Bruce headsculpt and to have the cowl's black tone and the eyes re-painted.
Do you think this would be a good way to revive that piece or what would you do?

Also curious, since the medicom cowls are said to be the most accurate, what's do you think is the value of this, didn't find any in the for sales section.

Last edited:
First off, whoever thought to make a medicom head into an empty cowl is an idiot. 2nd, you probably could fix that with some proper paint and a chopped mouth from a Bruce HS. You would also have to fix the cowl so it could attach to the magnet neck on the DX 12. As for cost, I don't see people really wanting this considering the condition it is in.

First off, thanks for your feedback. Second, I'm happy I'm not the one who made this. :lol
Hope I can fix it that way. If I'll do I'll keep you updated on the progress.
Don't see me selling it but I bet you're right, in the current condition it's probably not very valuable. :lol

First off, thanks for your feedback. Second, I'm happy I'm not the one who made this. :lol
Hope I can fix it that way. If I'll do I'll keep you updated on the progress.
Don't see me selling it but I bet you're right, in the current condition it's probably not very valuable. :lol

I have DX12 Bruce Wayne head for sale if u need one. PM me if interested.

Just got my DX12 about 2 hours ago (damn does UPS deliver late). First order of business was the eyelids. I didnt get rid of all the pink, just the flesh tone that could be seen on the front part of the lower lid. Didnt want mine wearing guyliner :rotfl

71b4cf6bbdc93bdf82103e7b319c7022.jpg

8e8468bdc8af26fe0bc75330f9831aff.jpg

So far here is everything that ive been able to complete with what i have.

Shoulder mod
Painted eyelids

0845275A-CA6F-42AD-ADC2-FC5CEDB0309A.jpg

Im still waiting on:
Tony Mei cape
Lforigno cape.. Bought this a week ago and i havent received it. He claimed it shipped within 1 business day. Sigh
Robbie faceplate
Extra set of fists for the glove mod
Extra set of gaunlets for the gaunlet mod.

I think that would be it for me until the armory suit

So i completed all the mods i wanted :yess:

Painted eyelids
Glove mod
Gauntlet mod
Robbie mouthplate
Lforigno cape

7F3F10A4-78DD-4D49-8D17-49B5EA11CFC3.jpg

Back