Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that I was done modding this guy but today I did the cowl widen mod and I started the boot widen mod but reversed it.

On top of the others mods that I have done then that is that and the modding is finished....hopefully. :lol

Last edited:
Sidious-66 Excelent job! What cape is it? Tony or Iforigno?

thanks buddy. :hi5:

It is a Iforigno medium length. I also have his small and long capes and they are wonderful.

I have been messing around with the cowl widen mod and I replaced what I was using to fatten it out, basically a zip tie. I then did the suggestion that Mr. EcKo said and I used a toothpick which I cut to about a half an inch but after doing that I thought, as another member stated that it looked like a hamster.

So I removed the toothpick and the split it down the middle so that it wasn't as thick and then put them back in the cowl and I think I am now happy with the thickness of the cowl.

PS - I forgot to say and maybe it is just me but does anyone else feel that they went one mod to many? I do not regret any of my mods to the DX12 but after the cowl widen mod I was just thinking to myself, did I really need to do that or did I just do it for the sake of it?

Last edited:
I tried it a bit tonight, didn't come out as good as yours. Gotta get it a bit wider, and the angles as sharp as yours. I'll try it again tomorrow
yqu5a8yv.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yoda your's actually looks fine as is.

Ive seen some that look a little too wide and from 3/4 view it looks a little strange. Sid's is also fine though.

I did the shoulder shim to give the figure a natural traps slope. Looks much better i'll post some pics later once i'm home but definitely a recommendation to all who haven't done it yet.

I tried it a bit tonight, didn't come out as good as yours. Gotta get it a bit wider, and the angles as sharp as yours. I'll try it again tomorrow
yqu5a8yv.jpg

That looks ace mate.

No amount of modding will improve that cowl. It's junk.

I can see were you are coming from buddy although junk maybe a bit harsh. HT should have done a lot better that is for sure.

Yoda your's actually looks fine as is.

Ive seen some that look a little too wide and from 3/4 view it looks a little strange. Sid's is also fine though.

I did the shoulder shim to give the figure a natural traps slope. Looks much better i'll post some pics later once i'm home but definitely a recommendation to all who haven't done it yet.

Yeah I had actually made the cowl to wide on my second attempt and it looked like a hamster with food in it's mouth but I have now got it looking like how I want it.

Last edited:
Yeah man lookin good!

You thought about doing the shoulder shim?

Why did you reverse the boot widening mod? I did mine the same time as I did the shims and it does give it a subtle touch around the ankle

Cheers Frank.

I actually posted this on the last page somewhere -

I forgot to say and maybe it is just me but does anyone else feel that they went one mod to many? I do not regret any of my mods to the DX12 but after the cowl widen mod I was just thinking to myself, did I really need to do that or did I just do it for the sake of it?

Basically I did the foot widen mod on one foot first and then I thought did I just do that for the sake of it? I may do it again, we will see.

The shoulder shim mod, refresh my memory please Frank.

Yeah I know what you mean man.

I too have questions my modding motives but for some reason it's just a very fun figure to mod with a lot of personal satisfaction when finishing a mod.

Lots of potential that was overlooked by HT that can be easily done by the most inexperienced collectors like myself. Maybe that's where some of the pleasure comes from haha.

On the contrary, when I have the thoughts of why am I modding it further my thoughts after that are that I've already modded it this much, may as well do what else I think may improve it!

Shoulder shim is folding some electrical tape up and putting it between the body and the chest armour. You then heat the shoulders up and press down so the traps get a more natural slope.

One of mags creations, works a treat! Although not sure I'm explaining it well haha

I'll try get my pics up soon

Yeah I know what you mean man.

I too have questions my modding motives but for some reason it's just a very fun figure to mod with a lot of personal satisfaction when finishing a mod.

Lots of potential that was overlooked by HT that can be easily done by the most inexperienced collectors like myself. Maybe that's where some of the pleasure comes from haha.

On the contrary, when I have the thoughts of why am I modding it further my thoughts after that are that I've already modded it this much, may as well do what else I think may improve it!

Shoulder shim is folding some electrical tape up and putting it between the body and the chest armour. You then heat the shoulders up and press down so the traps get a more natural slope.

One of mags creations, works a treat! Although not sure I'm explaining it well haha

I'll try get my pics up soon

Yep I can relate to those points Frank. :lol

The DX12 is the most I have paid for a single figure and then add all the spare parts and mods that I have done to him and that is some whack and yet he is not my favourite figure? But as you say he is fun to mod and additive.

I will look into that mod Frank.

Funny old world ain't it. He's not my favourite either really

Not trying to gode you into doing the mod either haha ;)

You should post pics of yours with the shoulder shim mod. Now the only things that bother me are the shoulder pads and googly eyes. Wish we could commission someone to do shoulder pads

You should post pics of yours with the shoulder shim mod. Now the only things that bother me are the shoulder pads and googly eyes. Wish we could commission someone to do shoulder pads

I think Tony Meis did offer this service a while ago. You should try to contact him.

Back