Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As much as I love Robbie face plate, I went and sculpted the BW head. I just thought the skins color is more realistic. Check it out.

image_zps06c0e2b2.jpg

image_zps0770ee98.jpg

image_zpsaa42acce.jpg

Really considering trying this. Any tips/advice R3dd?

Really considering trying this. Any tips/advice R3dd?

Take your time and don't rush it whatsoever. Keep testing it to see if it fits in the cowl before trimming any more off. I found the best tool was a girl's nail file - helps to give a nice smooth finish on the edges.

You must take your time as it means you won't take too much off - it's better to take less off and it still doesn't fit rather than rush it and take too much off.

Hope that helps.

Take your time and don't rush it whatsoever. Keep testing it to see if it fits in the cowl before trimming any more off. I found the best tool was a girl's nail file - helps to give a nice smooth finish on the edges.

You must take your time as it means you won't take too much off - it's better to take less off and it still doesn't fit rather than rush it and take too much off.

Hope that helps.

We'll see how it goes but I feel a lot more comfortable about it now. Thanks for the advice J&B!

Did I miss something?
This looks like the DX-12 cowl, not a Medi recast.
Or, are you only talking about the Kai mouthplate which is of course, a Medi recast?

I bought it as well, Kai said it is from medicom recast

No more derpy derp!

DSCF3595_zpsb0c897c5.jpg

DSCF3600_zpsaa33b00d.jpg

DSCF3602_zps572f7348.jpg

DSCF3604_zps81d7d2d3.jpg

DSCF3605_zpsbcae9d4d.jpg

Mods:

PERS removed and Wayne eyes put in
Glove mod
Gauntlet widened
Ankles
Sanded down the mouth
cape made by myself
Neck shortened

I think that's it. I thought about taking out the fat suit but I'm not sure if it needs it, maybe more trouble than it's worth. I didn't have an issue with the shoulder pads when I first got him but after a while of futzing with him I'm starting to feel that they are too big. Not sure if I will do anything about it yet. The glove mod was definite for me and not because it's accurate. The stock HT gloves made his forearms looks way to long and every time I wanted to pose them they would pop off. Plus I think the modded glove looks better especially with the widened gauntlet overlapping.

Last edited:
Fiend, that looks killer! It sucks so many mods have to be done to this for it to look right. Brave man carving up the bale head and scooping out the pers! Kudos bro!

Fiend, that looks killer! It sucks so many mods have to be done to this for it to look right. Brave man carving up the bale head and scooping out the pers! Kudos bro!

Thank you! Although I must admit it was the recast head. I know recasts are the devil and Im evil but I just didn't want to cut into the Wayne.

Those eyes look fantastic!!

Thanks bud! That means a lot coming from you as you have my favorite cowl on here. :)

Thats looks great man, going with the Tony Meis eye mod myself.

I was looking at that. What did he cast the eyelid thing and mod it to sell or do you send him your cowl and he'll do the modding?

The aforementioned one would be the best idea.

I am not sure Fiend, he is supposed to let us know on his thread he said. He mentioned that his eyes will replace the PERS and I could take that out and I assume he would send the new eyes.

No more derpy derp!

DSCF3595_zpsb0c897c5.jpg

DSCF3600_zpsaa33b00d.jpg

DSCF3602_zps572f7348.jpg

DSCF3604_zps81d7d2d3.jpg

DSCF3605_zpsbcae9d4d.jpg

Mods:

PERS removed and Wayne eyes put in
Glove mod
Gauntlet widened
Ankles
Sanded down the mouth
cape made by myself
Neck shortened

I think that's it. I thought about taking out the fat suit but I'm not sure if it needs it, maybe more trouble than it's worth. I didn't have an issue with the shoulder pads when I first got him but after a while of futzing with him I'm starting to feel that they are too big. Not sure if I will do anything about it yet. The glove mod was definite for me and not because it's accurate. The stock HT gloves made his forearms looks way to long and every time I wanted to pose them they would pop off. Plus I think the modded glove looks better especially with the widened gauntlet overlapping.

That looks amazing, and now I'm tempted to do similar mod, when I told to myself that I'm done with DX12 mod:gah:

Back