1/6 MMS216 - Man of Steel: General Zod Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're welcome!!

The only Japan site is amiami.. The other 3 are from HK.. But the only "but" is that you have to pay a NRD to place your pre order.. Other than that I always use LOCUSHK, been buying from them almost 4 years now, and they are very reliable and declare low value too..

No problem with NRD! So on locushk, what's the usual delay on shipping?

Ive easily paid over a THOUSAND dollars on import taxes alone...that is a real kick in the arse:medic

Living in Hawaii, I usually get hit harder on shipping costs from Sideshow (especially for bigger items like the Batmobile or premium format statues), but man, I have nothing to complain about when compared to you guys!

I sais it once but here's again:

If you're in Europe, like me, it's the best way to go.

We get things considerably later ( my SCC Vador is there yet)

If we get it through SCC, we pay horrendous custom fees ( with HK dealers? None)

Conclusion, if I go SCC ,it'll end up costing relatively the same, maybe just $10 less. For me, going HK is a win win situation!

An even better way is to makes friend with a reputable member here and have him or her buy the figure for you and ship it with a declared value like HK does. You get SCC price and no customs. :D

Ive easily paid over a THOUSAND dollars on import taxes alone...that is a real kick in the arse:medic

Here is something to think about. Do you have any friends in the US? More specifically, a friend in the US who would help you out but who *doesn't* have a SS account themselves?
If you do, ask if they will help you out. If they will, put *their* address as your SS delivery address and all your items will go to them.
THEN...
You get your friend to send you a Paypal Invoice for the amount of the postage from them to you, which you pay.
Via Paypal.
The receipt of which(Only for the postage), will be your "full amount" you can show to customs when you get the item.
Just one way you can have more money for collectibles, lol.

There are other websites to buy hot toys figures from Hong Kong or Japan. And that way you still pay nothing on fees and you help to eradicate the HK scalpers. :)

Because I understand you don't want the figure earlier, just want it for a "fair price" right? And if you can get it for a "fair price" and earlier, it's a win win for you right? But if you don't mind to get it a few weeks later for a regular price (not ebay prices, but retail price), you can go and visit those websites below:

www.locushk.com

www.angolz.com

www.animarket.com

Thank you for these hk stores :)
Price are about right from animarket need to know when they get stock.
Or i might just wait and see timcent ´s price as he did ended offering a regular price on Supes after the crazy prices :)

Last edited:
Barry you are one devious guy lol ,i love it :hi5: genius :lol

The customs in Scotland are slightly less draconian than the Irish ones it would appear(Only doing their job of course), but that's pretty much the way i do it.
All my SS orders go to my friend John's house in Illinois, then he forwards them to me marked as toy dolls, gift and with a $15 value when he gets a chance(He runs an online model store, so he mails items several times a day anyway).
Most customs guys would easily believe that the "dolls" we order are $15 worth. Doesn't matter how cool they look. A toy is a toy to a man who doesn't collect these things. They'd likely have a heart attack if they knew what we *do* pay for them.

Got mine today. More pics later. Super cool figure this.
ezydehub.jpg

Reliable seller. I obtained my ACI Roman General from them long after it was sold old elsewhere, and shipping was very fast.
That's great to hear! I did do some Googling on them beforehand as I have never dealt with them before and I was weary but yes it was all positive.

Timcent has his up for $349.99 whereas 7Toy7's was $300!

Back