1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased this Evil Superman in Hong Kong brand new sealed in the shipper box but the box doesn't have any hot toys logo or product information. It's a blank box though the box is perfectly fitted for the art box. Can someone verify that this is normal?

I purchased this Evil Superman in Hong Kong brand new sealed in the shipper box but the box doesn't have any hot toys logo or product information. It's a blank box though the box is perfectly fitted for the art box. Can someone verify that this is normal?

Useless without pics. Post some pics and we can tell you whether it looks genuine or not.

Useless without pics. Post some pics and we can tell you whether it looks genuine or not.

That's not normal. If the shipper is COMPLETELY blank then it's likely not the original shipper.

Here's what the Evil Superman shipper should look like:

hot_toys_superman_3__superman_evil_version_1533926531_9a16d1b3_progressive.jpg

Or look here:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hot-toys-superman-christopher-reeve-1794609461

You can also look for some auctions on eBay to see for shipper boxes. If you're in Hong Kong, isn't Hot Toys' store "Secret Base" there? They might be able to tell you if they released any without wording. Is your "shipper" still sealed with tape?

That's not normal. If the shipper is COMPLETELY blank then it's likely not the original shipper.

Here's what the Evil Superman shipper should look like:

View attachment 483067

Or look here:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/hot-toys-superman-christopher-reeve-1794609461

You can also look for some auctions on eBay to see for shipper boxes. If you're in Hong Kong, isn't Hot Toys' store "Secret Base" there? They might be able to tell you if they released any without wording. Is your "shipper" still sealed with tape?

yeah it was sealed with tape. The box was cut and sealed like it came from a factory. The seller in Hong Kong is reputable and I actually met him there. He actually has a distributor account with Hot Toys and said it came like that. Usually regular figures (non-oversized and non-die-cast ones) don't come with shipper boxes from the Hot Toys store and given that it's an earlier release I just took his word. Unfortunately it's no longer in my possession and I didn't get a chance to take photos when I started this post. You can imagine it's just a blank brown shipper with the "hot toys" tape I believe it was with the green printing.

I always forget this guy exists even though i was heavily on the fence about it 7 yeaars ago now i guess - wow. Wasn't accurate enough to Supes 3 back then even though as a figure itself it looked great. I guess this is when they started the re-use which is now common but was looked down upon at the time. A big complaint was this guy needed a new sculpt because that was just the way HT did things back then.

Anyway, wish i would have picked him up now.

I always forget this guy exists even though i was heavily on the fence about it 7 yeaars ago now i guess - wow. Wasn't accurate enough to Supes 3 back then even though as a figure itself it looked great. I guess this is when they started the re-use which is now common but was looked down upon at the time. A big complaint was this guy needed a new sculpt because that was just the way HT did things back then.

Anyway, wish i would have picked him up now.

I've had mine on display(In a sealed room with literally no windows, so no sunlight) and the suit has really faded over time.
It's still a beautiful piece, but the ex-display examples might have fading now.
My Brother's one, stored(Boxed), in the same building, was fine, and he sold it a few weeks back.
I have no idea whether the dye has evaporated or what the cause is of mine(And other's) having faded.

I've had mine on display(In a sealed room with literally no windows, so no sunlight) and the suit has really faded over time.
It's still a beautiful piece, but the ex-display examples might have fading now.
My Brother's one, stored(Boxed), in the same building, was fine, and he sold it a few weeks back.
I have no idea whether the dye has evaporated or what the cause is of mine(And other's) having faded.

That sucks that the suit is fading. I never picked up the evil Superman but Ii liked the overall look I just wish Hot Toys had done a new headsculpt. I was pretty new to hot toys collecting when he was released and I had just gotten the original Reeve Superman from someone on here.

:horror

I got nothing on what may be causing that man.

I have old Hasbro figures tucked away in a bin in the basement that still look brand new. I also have a few in the garage that are exposed to the 4 seasons and they are fine. We of coarse have seen stained bodies but evaporating dye's? Is that a new thing? Is it splotchy or evenly faded?

Got any pictures?

Last edited:
:horror

I got nothing on what may be causing that man.

I have old Hasbro figures tucked away in a bin in the basement that still look brand new. I also have a few in the garage that are exposed to the 4 seasons and they are fine. We of coarse have seen stained bodies but evaporating dye's? Is that a new thing? Is it splotchy or evenly faded?

Got any pictures?

Sorry about the delay. I kept forgetting each time I went up to work, lol.
Here are pics I just took outside work.

995c51915a8b2c33a1391b748f57a978.jpg

9e060fdc1acb44a954f7bc99e36ecb56.jpg

0ecef8624d73bb76de3d8d99d0758075.jpg

97b575f3bbd8e8f2ae119d0cfbf779d7.jpg

Since this one is Evil Superman, the sun adversely affects him unfortunately :D

My brother has black shades to avoid sunlight hitting his collectibles, the natural decay is real, I have some plastic/nylon stuff, storage containers etc. laying under the attic sun window, in 5-6 years, the sun completely disintegrated the plastics

For the figures I actually display, I don't really care tho, it's life, for most objects, it actually adds a character

Sorry about the delay. I kept forgetting each time I went up to work, lol.
Here are pics I just took outside work.

995c51915a8b2c33a1391b748f57a978.jpg

9e060fdc1acb44a954f7bc99e36ecb56.jpg

0ecef8624d73bb76de3d8d99d0758075.jpg

97b575f3bbd8e8f2ae119d0cfbf779d7.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

That's a damn shame but you know, it kind of works for this version. Still doesn't make any sense but that's HT for you.

Thanks for taking the time to show me - also nice view!

Some pics below of my fully-restored MMS207, that suffered the absolutely horrendous paint-fade off the suit. I almost ended up putting it back in the box and either just let it stay in there knowing I wouldn't have to look at it, and I did think about getting rid of it altogether. However after watching a number of videos on restoring color to polyester, I ended up buying acrylic paint, mixing it with water and carefully painting the suit using a small fine brush. It took about 2 hours to paint and then dried it off a full day. I then weathered the suit with some dark-brown make up as well as darkening the shadow off the sculpt's face as well.

Mr94EW9.jpg

xamVIyv.jpg

R5KHmvk.jpg

Glad I scrolled through roughly 100 pages on this guy before buying one at a whopping price of $600 +
I have a extra MMS152 suit that I been wanting to darken up and turn it into the evil version.
For those of you who have weathered the suit. What is the best way to darken it ?
I saw the movie a few days ago and it's never dirty. Not even at the Junk Yard scene. It remains navy blue and burgundy. Some custom ones that are stained look really good though.
So, what's the best method to get this done?

Sorry to bump this thread but I’d like to know if anyone has this diorama base for sale. PM me if willing to sell. Cheers!

Managed to snag a still sealed one, such an awesome figure, will make the centerpiece of my "Evil Supermen" display along with Omni Man and Homelander (maybe a Cavill supes too 😉). Is it just me or the body seems higher quality than what we're used to now? It's heavier, it's ratcheted even in the torso/ab crunch... 🤔
PXL_20220506_214737803.jpg
PXL_20220506_212951216.jpg

Managed to snag a still sealed one, such an awesome figure, will make the centerpiece of my "Evil Supermen" display along with Omni Man and Homelander (maybe a Cavill supes too 😉). Is it just me or the body seems higher quality than what we're used to now? It's heavier, it's ratcheted even in the torso/ab crunch... 🤔
View attachment 576155View attachment 576156
Yeah I think that was a specially made body for the Reeve's superman.

Back